Nebraska Muddin - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Nebraska Jeep Forum > Nebraska Muddin

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 08-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
irishrebel
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nebraska Muddin

Hey I'm originally form western Arizona where there are tons of trails and mud spots for a jeep guy. I recently have been stationed at Offutt AFB here in Nebraska. If anyone has a clue on where to go mudding at or crawlling at around here PLZ let me know. Me and my buds cannot find anywhere out here that is not private property. Would appreciate it ALOT. Thxs Brian

irishrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
afamc
1987 XJ Cherokee 

i agree brian, tired of tearin up private property, if anyone knows of anything that would be sweet. I will be going to TC eventually but i'd like to find a local weekend spot, I'm also stationed at Offutt. Omaha needs some mud!!!!!
afamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
makeSOMEnoise
1987 YJ Wrangler 

hey i'm in nebraska too, i just bought my jeep. Let me know if you guys find anywhere to go muddin at or if you get that group together
makeSOMEnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
papillion
2008 JK Wrangler 

take i29 south to the berrett or barlett exit i heard you can go along the river. I never made it that far the old rover got buried in the field before the river.
papillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
NeBlue93Yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

have you guys looked into Just Jeeps of Omaha? I am stationed at Offutt and Im a member you guys should check us out, we go down to Kansas about once a month and go other places some. Justjeepsofomaha.net check it out.

http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com
NeBlue93Yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 05:12 AM   #6
MrKing
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Check out www.justjeepsofomaha.net. They are a great Jeep club. We mostly go to Tuttle Creek Off-Road Park in Randolph, KS. IT's about 3 hours from Omaha. This Memorial Day we are planning a trip to Kansas Rocks Off-Road Park south of KC.
MrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I agree with checking out Just Jeeps of Omaha. Anybody can come to any event or wheeling trip, you don't have to be a member, just show up. The only things non-members aren't invited to are the Summer and Christmas parties. We not only offer monthly wheeling trips but a monthly social event for people to get together for some fun and a monthly meeting. Aside from that you gain many friends and much needed help from knowledgable people for when you mod your Jeep. If anybody has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them, just PM me.

There is no legal wheeling anywhere near here.
FreemasonJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
ChevyMudder

Midwest Mudders Club is looking to bring us some local places to go mudding, We are also looking to build a mud drag strip either late this year or early 2010. You can check us out at the following url:

http://mmc.netau.net
ChevyMudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #9
dodgetruck1293

if you take 75 a little ways past Cris and Hanson lake and go over the Platte river right after the bridge there is a road called beach road there is a trail down to the river where we ride 4 wheelers if its a dry season and the river is realy low you can mud down there. There is more sand then mud but it is still better than nothing and pretty fun. Plus no one gives you crap for being down there because as soon as the river rises the water washes the ruts away for next summer.

Last edited by dodgetruck1293; 07-19-2009 at 05:28 PM..
dodgetruck1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #10
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Jeez, didn't know there were offutt guys here. Whuzzup? I drive the silver JK with the black rims and 35's (live on base) if you see it anywhere.
Unread 12-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #11
06rubcion
2006 TJ Wrangler 

nebraska is the worst place to live if your a wheeler. you pretty much have tuttle is the closest place. there some idiot "MUDDERS" who like to tear up mm roads which is illegaland gives 4 wheeling a bad name. i personally despise the term muddin.
06rubcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

There is a place called Big Elk Park outside a town called Macy NE.(Exit 112 off of I29) It is on an Indian Reservation.(be very careful to abide by their rules as they are a soverign nation) A yearly trail use permit is required at $30 and the renewal date is sept 30 every year. Although day passes can be purchased as well. There is camping, showers, cabins, with elec and ac, large pull ins for campersetc. There are lots of motorcycle and atv trails, and some larger 2 track trails as well. Lots of beautiful scenery, sandstone cliffs, Indian historical sites, Holy Fireplace( an amazing lookout point ) direct river access with boats and beach access, and they raise buffalo too. I also have access to some family ground as well as private ground too. There is also a rather large and wicked offroad park 20 mins from me as well(located in iowa by membership only) I am 60 miles north of Omaha. When the weather improves contact me, and Ill be glad to show you around.
meatlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 12:50 AM   #13
06rubcion
2006 TJ Wrangler 

can i get more info on this reservation?
06rubcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #14
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Located off of hwy 75 near Macy NE. Maybe try Rezhunter.com or .org Winter is mostly hunting out there.
meatlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #15
zuke0087

4wheel not so far!

I can show anyone where to go wheeling but ya gotta take me with! Haven't been in a while and I miss it! Email me I'm ready to go anytime! zuke0087@yahoo.com
zuke0087 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.