Any where in eastern Nebraska? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Nebraska Jeep Forum > Any where in eastern Nebraska?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
toy4everyseason

Question Any where in eastern Nebraska?

Any one know of a place to go off roading in eastern Nebraska?

toy4everyseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
bossman90xj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

There are a couple of places across the river in IA, and one in KS. As soon as I find the links, I'll post them.

Part GM, part Dodge, Part Ford
bossman90xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #3
bossman90xj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.gt4w.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=136

Also http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/sta...s/tuttle_creek

Part GM, part Dodge, Part Ford
bossman90xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #4
toy4everyseason

Awesome, sounds like a little road trip is going to be needed to break in my KK right. Thanks for your help.
toy4everyseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Check out Just Jeeps of Omaha. We'd love to have you go wheeling with us. You don't have to be a member, you can come to check everything out if you'd like. Normally we go to Tuttle Creek, KS, about three hours south of here. This month we are going to a new place, Kansas Rocks, about four hours away. It's on the 20th and 21st if you want to come. I'm not sure but I think the camping is primitive, tents and outhouses. Check out the JJoO forums for the details.
FreemasonJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #6
toy4everyseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicanJeepr
Check out Just Jeeps of Omaha. We'd love to have you go wheeling with us. You don't have to be a member, you can come to check everything out if you'd like. Normally we go to Tuttle Creek, KS, about three hours south of here. This month we are going to a new place, Kansas Rocks, about four hours away. It's on the 20th and 21st if you want to come. I'm not sure but I think the camping is primitive, tents and outhouses. Check out the JJoO forums for the details.

I've been meaning to drop you guys a line. I was told about your club from a fellow at work who had a son that was a member. I'd love to go on that trip but I have class and work all weekend Maybe I'll get on board for the next one as my KK will have all its skid plates and tow hitch installed by then.
Unread 10-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #7
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That would be cool. There are other events and club functions to go to,too, it's not just wheeling. On the 27th we are going to a Hayrack Ride at Shady Lane Ranch in Council Bluffs. You are welcome to come and so is your family. Here is a link to the thread about it. Don't feel obligated, I just want you to know that we are more than just about wheeling.

Click Here.
Unread 10-31-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
sa_9933
2004 KJ Liberty 

Do Just jeeps have any plans to make a run to tuttle creek this month? November? my self and a few other nonmembers would like to go if you are planning to. Also, i was interested to hear how the Kansas Rocks(?) trip was.
thanks Brian
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_9933
Do Just jeeps have any plans to make a run to tuttle creek this month? November? my self and a few other nonmembers would like to go if you are planning to. Also, i was interested to hear how the Kansas Rocks(?) trip was.
thanks Brian
It's funny you mention this month, I was just getting ready to post that we are going on the 17th. Check out the JJoO forum for up to date details but usually we meet at the Flying J in Gretna but this time it looks like we are meeting at the BP just south of I-80 on Hwy 50 at 7:00 am. You are welcome to come out. Some people are going Friday night. Depending on the weather, I may be camping. I'm not sure yet.

As for Kansas Rocks, I had to miss it but everyone that went said they had a great time and can't wait to go back. They went on a Halloween night trail run with people jumping out and scaring you. After that they did some night wheeling, something that isn't allowed at Tuttle, and said it was super fun and challenging. I can't wait until they go again so I can join them.
Unread 11-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #10
sa_9933
2004 KJ Liberty 

what is the humps? i mean, ok that sounds pretty funny, but i live in CB and i've never heard of it. Is it an offroad park or something open to the public?
Has anyone actually gone there? ok i'm going to follow the directions and check it out tomorrow(saturday 11-09-07) will report back soon.

thanks Brian
Unread 11-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The Humps are a private place, in the middle of some cornfields, that are not for the feint of heart. The small rock garden is full of massive boulders, the creek looks easy but lots of beads are broken and flops happen. There is also a mud pit and log obstacle that is very hard on the vehicles. If you don't mind body damage, go there and have fun. I'm not sure who to contact but I think someone at the Good Time 4 Wheelers owns it.

Here are some pictures of the rock garden.
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #12
1RustyXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

It's not really Eastern NE, but there is another place. I call it "Halsey" just because it's the nearest town. It's actually the Nebraska National Forest near Halsey. I don't know what kind of 'wheelin you do but up there it is all sand. It's up in the sandhills, but it's also a huge man-made forest too. It's not very challenging except for a couple of small areas, but the place is HUGE! Like a 100,000 acres.
I've spent a lot of time up there and I like it because it's so secluded and not extreme. You never have to worry about breaking anything...

Anyway, there's tons of miles of trails and roads for trucks and quads too.

Just thought you might like to know....
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:22 PM   #13
d.gran
2004 TJ Wrangler 

so is there absolutely NO trails, or anyplace period to ride, within, say an hour of lincoln?
Unread 12-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #14
1RustyXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.gran
so is there absolutely NO trails, or anyplace period to ride, within, say an hour of lincoln?
Short answer...no.
2.5 hours to Tuttle in KS is your best bet.
Unread 01-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #15
Draw
2008 JK Wrangler 

the humps in IA

The humps look pretty gnarly. is there anything there for a stock rubicon unlimited to do? this is my first jeep and i want to get out and play with it and see it's capability.......not much to do here in omaha........
Draw is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.