Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Iron Range trip June 7th-10th.

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  80cjman 
#1 ·
I'm planning a get together up in the Iron Range Off road Park. I was thinking June 7th-10th. We will be camping. I know that some others have stayed at a Super 8 in Eveleth. This would be a Thursday-Sunday trip. I'm planning on an early a.m. departure from Mason City, around 8 a.m. I was hoping to take a quick tour Thursday afternoon with two full days of wheeling to follow. We'd leave Gilbert in the early a.m. on Sunday. I'm thinking of camping at Lake Orebegone in Sherwood Campground. I think a few of us from the Mississippi Valley Jeepers are going. I don't know when we'll get our DNR stickers but I was thinking of just doing it when we get up there Thursday. I'll keep you updated.

This is the info on where we will be camping. It sucks you can't bring your own firewood. There is also a Super 8 in Eveleth for those of you who don't want to rough it.

Sherwood Forest Campground
Sherwood Forest Campground
PO Box 548
Gilbert, MN 55741
Phone: 218-748-2221
Toll Free: 1-800-403-1803
E-mail: campgroundgilbertmn@yahoo.com
Web: http://www.gilbertmn.org

Nestled in Gilbert, in the heart of northeastern Minnesota's Iron Range, the Sherwood Forest Campground is a true camper's delight!

With 57 sites, ranging from full-service RV pads to simple, rustic tent spots, this campground offers a breathtaking view of Lake Ore-Be-Gone.

The annual "Land of the Loon" Festival in Virginia, and the "United States Hockey Hall of Fame" in nearby Eveleth are just a couple of the local attractions.

Daily Camping Rates
Water/electric/sewer - $21 a night
Water/electric - $19 a night
Electric - $18 a night
Tent (no hook ups) - $16 a nightAll prices are plus tax and subject to change.

Office Hours
Sunday -Thursday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. & Friday - Saturday- 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.

Type of Accommodations
RV Pads / Tent sites

Camping
Length of Stay in Campground
Daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal rates (May 1 - October 31)

Hookup Options
Full service (water, electric and sewer), water and electric, electric and tent sites

Campground Features and Amenities
Large restroom building equipped with security locks on outer doors and handicap accessible toilets and showers. Reasonably priced firewood and ice available. Large, elaborate playground inside the campground.

Total Number of Campsites: 57
Total Number of Pull Through Sites: 9
Tent Sites without Hook-ups: 13
Total Number of Campsites Available in Winter: 5

Lake Access
Lake Ore Be Gone Lake is known for walleye, northern pike, and trout fishing.

Facility Recreation Features
Recreation
Horseshoes and volleyball available

On-Site Watercraft and Fishing Services:
Lakeside boat launch, dock and pavilion

On-Site Trails and Equipment:
Mesabi Trail ™ (hiking, biking, skating) runs right through the campground! Iron Range OHV & ATV Park connected to campground by direct access trail.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.