Trying to find the best spring shock combo, anyone have shocks/springs I can try out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > North Dakota Jeep Forum > Trying to find the best spring shock combo, anyone have shocks/springs I can try out

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Trying to find the best spring shock combo, anyone have shocks/springs I can try out

About 2 years ago I put in a 2" BDS lift with adjustable Rancho shocks. My ride is good, but I think it could be better. So I am looking to do some trial and error shock and spring swaps.

If anyone has some old shocks or springs laying around let me know. I'm hoping to try a couple of combinations to see what works with my rig. Any good take off rear factory shocks would be great. I put on AEV shock shifters and factory length shocks would work great with my 2" lift. I'd love to find some new Rubi takeoff shocks. I had a brand new set of 4 a few years ago but gave them away. I wish I had them now. But if anyone has factory shocks that are still in good shape or other 2" springs I'd love to try some different combos to see how my ride and handling change.

I'm in Fargo.

EDIT: I'd also be interested in a set of rear spring spacers. Just to see how my factory springs ride compared to my BDS.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.