North Dakota Jeep Club - Page 93 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > North Dakota Jeep Forum > North Dakota Jeep Club

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #1381
Edmyers

Friday or Saturday ? Thanksgiving would be great in the morning. For me. Off from Wednesday till Sunday. Who is all in

Edmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #1382
MattND
2000 WJ 

I'm in.
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #1383
Pfaff
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hey ND jeepers.

I live in Barnesville, but I'm in Fargo every day for work. I see that JKXONU rig all the time... It's depressing and inspiring simultaneously.

I'd like to get in on some of these meets and eventually get my JK truly dirty. I have a 2010 2dr, bone stock right now except for 17x9 alloys and 33" Terra Grapplers. Plans are to build a mild off-road capable jeep. I commute daily so mileage is kind of an issue. I do want to go to 5.13s and 35s with around 3" of lift. That seems to be the formula for the best possible look/capability combo.

Also, I grew up in Appleton, MN where there is an OHV park. I have yet to go there, however, because I haven't paid to get OHV registration for the JK. It looks like it could be a fun afternoon or weekend though. If there was ever a desire to get a group together and head down there, camping in my parents' yard would be a possibility, and drinking around a fire would be an absolute necessity.

I'll subscribe to this thread and hopefully make it to a meet and greet soon.

Pfaff
Pfaff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #1384
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the thread! Appleton would be fun to try yet this year potentially. I have my sticker so ready anytime. Are you the rescue green JK I've seen in town? I'm JKXONU aka scamp_71 here.
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #1385
Pfaff
2010 JK Wrangler 

Mine's green, but it's dark green. Either "jeep green" or that "black forest green" color.

You and I work in the same neighborhood... I drive by your rig parked all the time. I'm surprised I haven't caused any accidents at that 4-way stop while rubbernecking at your Jeep...

I'll have to look into getting my sticker so I can wheel next time I'm "home".
Pfaff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #1386
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

I know which rig you are. Definitely. There's a group of us on here that do some meets during the summer months and another guy sets up some runs a few times a year. Check in for any updates on here for local stuff going on. Also, thanks for the kudos on my rig! Yours looks good too!
Unread 11-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #1387
71sport408

Hello all. Just thought I'd introduce myself. Been around vehicles for a long time. Having been an early Ford Bronco guy it's odd to find myself on a Jeep forum Just kidding. I have a new to me 2000 WJ that is my daily driver and will see some moderate mods. Love it so far but I don't leave things alone for long. MattND your WJ looks great. Hope to find some like minded people who may be up for some runs in the future or who can steer me in the right direction as far as good trails and perhaps some Jeep specific info. Proud to make my first post.

Thanks,

Will
71sport408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #1388
MattND
2000 WJ 

Howdy! Glad to see someone else who has a WJ in here! If you need any advice about WJ mods I have researched just about everything..mine is a work in progress. What do you plan on doing to it?
Unread 11-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #1389
71sport408

Thanks Matt.

Well I'm looking at a setup similar to yours. Thinking IRO 4 inch lift but would like to hear how you like your 3 inch lift. Sliders, differentials, and I'm really leaning towards a 242 swap. I want a comfortable daily driver but a capable rig. If there is such a thing haha.
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #1390
MattND
2000 WJ 

It depends on what size tire you want to run.. I do like the 3" lift I think it rides a bit soft for my taste but it does just fine. I wish I had sprung for the 4" long arm kit but that was out of my price range. You can run 265/75 with a 3" kit and some minor trimming. You will most likely also need some wheel spacers. You may also need a new front driveshaft...mine started making awful noises immediately after installing the lift. Also the rear sway bar on WJs is about as big around as my pinky finger so it will help your on-road performance to upgrade that. (I have yet to upgrade mine). Is yours a v8?

My plans include a winch bumper and rear bumper with tire carrier.. bushwacker flares.. 4.5-5" of lift and a long arm kit of some kind. I may even try to stuff some 35s under it.. It will take me years to get all of that done but we will see. I think the axles would probably be the last thing I upgrade because of the cost involved and the quadra-drive seems to work pretty well. I also want to get mine equipped with some tow points so I can flat tow it behind my in-laws RV.

I am about halfway done installing my IRO sliders.. what a pain in the ***. I just have no time to work on it anymore. I am determined to get them done this weekend. I have the passenger side done and I am impressed at how tight the hug the rocker and I only lose an inch or so of clearance.
Unread 11-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #1391
MattND
2000 WJ 

I have thought about the 242HD swap as well.. I hate to swap a perfectly good transfer case but I would like a 2wd and a 4hi option. If you do that let me know Id like to learn how.. Im no mechanic.
Unread 11-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #1392
71sport408

I'll probably go 265/75/16's on the 4 inch. I had thought about 6.5 with 285/75/16's but don't think I'll go that route. I definitely have been eyeballing the larger sway bars. Yep it's a V8. I'll keep you posted on the 242 swap, I have some good info. I really want the 4hi option. What made the sliders such a pain?
Unread 11-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #1393
MattND
2000 WJ 

If I had a 6.5" lift I would chop up my fenders and stuff 35s in there for sure. The lift just costs so much and then you have to beef up your steering and all kinds of stuff that costs a boatload. Does yours have quadradrive or quadratrac II?

The sliders aren't that tough its just a bit difficult to get the holes drilled in exactly the right spot. My driver side pinch seam was a bit mangled and had to massage it back into shape..that and they are about 45lbs each so they are a little tough to get positioned by myself.
Unread 11-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #1394
71sport408

QTII. As of now I'm thinking Aussie for the rear so that will make it a little easier. Yea you're right about everything above. That's why I was shying away from the 6.5. Have you been happy with the 265's? I'd be willing to give you a hand with the sliders.
Unread 11-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #1395
MattND
2000 WJ 

The 265s have been fine.. they are a tight fit and rub some at full lock. They ripped out one of my foglights when backing out of my driveway..there really isn't enough room in a wjs wheelwells! Thanks for the offer of help.. I am actually pretty close to being done. About an hour of work left on them or so.. I have two kids so my time to work on it is limited to between 9pm and whenever I pass out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.