North Dakota Jeep Club - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > North Dakota Jeep Forum > North Dakota Jeep Club

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 11-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #121
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiez View Post
Middle and western North Dakota is also good for wheeling. There is a club around the rugby area, but i can't remember the name of it. The Eastern part of the state is pretty much swallowed up by farm land, where once you head WEST it's more hilly.
Fixed it for you.

As others have stated it depends on which part of the start you move to. The eastern part of the state is very limited. The western part of the state (Dickenson or Williston area) has the Badlands. Apart from Teddy Roosevelte National Park its all private land. But there are clubs out there that you can hook up with. They also have an annual run up near Williston that is fun.

I just came across this information on fourwheelercom

June 19-21, 2009-Watford City, ND-Cliffhangers 4x4 Club presents the 19th Annual Roughriders Rendezvous. Enjoy National Park quality scenery from a variety of trails offered to suit everyone's taste. For more information contact:
Club President-Randi Auen at 701-842-4210, auen@ruggedwest.com
Club Sec/Treas.-Heather Schweigert at 701-223-2993, heatherschweigert@bis.midco.n
Club Vice Pres.-Dave Schwartzenberger at 701-444-6880 or 701-770-7764, daveschwartzenberger@hotmail.com

So ND is not a hotspot to move to for fourwheelin, but if you can deal with the cold weather it is a great place to live and raise a family.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #122
npwade
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey thanks for all the info folks..we are just waiting for the home to sell..really is time to get out of florida!!! no jobs unemployment for the state is over 10% !! We are from maine originaly so cold aint bad...course have been in the south for 15 years might take 1 winter to get used to it again...Not sure where we will move to there just looking for a good job and good wheelin!!!! again thanks for the info
npwade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #123
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwade View Post
Hey thanks for all the info folks..we are just waiting for the home to sell..really is time to get out of florida!!! no jobs unemployment for the state is over 10% !! We are from maine originaly so cold aint bad...course have been in the south for 15 years might take 1 winter to get used to it again...Not sure where we will move to there just looking for a good job and good wheelin!!!! again thanks for the info
Well the jobs are on the east end of the state and the wheelin is on the west Just kidding. But its half true. The east end of the state has the bigger cities with more job opportunities. Although depending on what you do there are jobs on the western end of the state as well. The east end is probably a little more white collar and the west end a little more blue collar and the central part more mixed. I never really thought of it that way before but I think as a general statement is true. If your just looking for general labor work, the oil fields in the western part of the state would be a good place to look. I understand they pay pretty well out there and the oil industry is really starting to grow here. I just heard on the news last week that North Dakota just passed Louisiana and is now the 4th largest oil producing state in the union. But either way, our unemployment rate is something like 5% so you'll likely have a better chance at finding employment here on either end of the state than in Florida. Let us all know when you get here.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:17 PM   #124
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome to see more ND residents on the forum now. I felt so alone,LOL. I always wondered about getting permission for a trail ride in the grasslands. I am getting a set of 3" coilsprings on thursday and am currently building a bastard pack for the rear leafs in my house. with that and a new set of shackles I hope to have the rig lifted by this weekened "weather permitting". It would be cool to get some outing going or even a monthly meet and greet.

CJCM #260

www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com
LUGGNUTT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2009, 06:47 AM   #125
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I agree...........
Unread 11-04-2009, 07:22 AM   #126
npwade
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hi all i will try to set up a url so you folks can see some pics of an event we had down here in ocala florida back in october my jeep is the one with primer on it ....my son toms jeep is the other red one with 38s on jeeptoberfest 09 pictures by npwade - Photobucket
might have to copy and paste it to your browser as i am no good on a puter
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #127
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwade View Post
Hi all i will try to set up a url so you folks can see some pics of an event we had down here in ocala florida back in october my jeep is the one with primer on it ....my son toms jeep is the other red one with 38s on jeeptoberfest 09 pictures by npwade - Photobucket
might have to copy and paste it to your browser as i am no good on a puter
No offense, but if that's your reference point for 4 wheelin, I think you'll be happy in ND. As mentioned earlier we have the Badlands on the west and Spider Lake is near Fargo on the east. OHV Trail Detail: Minnesota DNR

If those aren't enough for you your sure to find something you like down in the SD Black Hills. Off course thats a bit of a drive, but very doable on a long weekend.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #128
npwade
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fargo...none taken.. it was an event put on by the Ocala jeep club here in town...they have it every october. The wheeling down here usually consists of either sand or mud its flat as heck down here. just wanted to give ya a glimpse of some events here...some where, either my son or my wife have pics of wheeling that are out in the woods. I will see if we can get some posted soon... pete
Unread 11-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #129
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

how about getting together in fargo on saturday?? who would be up to it?? nov 14??

Last edited by loneeagle78; 11-08-2009 at 01:54 PM..
loneeagle78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #130
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I wish I would have seen this earlier, I was bored all day. I even went out to hazers to look for any good finds on axles(none) and he said if they did it would be around $350 for a dana 44(OUCH!). How bout sunday? I meen today. If the fields are to met on monday I intend on adding a leaf to my rear springs as to level it with the new front springs. Just need to get the center pins and some bands. I found the pins at M&J's on main for $1.50 ea. and the clamps(hvy dty) at oriely's.

CJCM #260

Last edited by LUGGNUTT; 11-08-2009 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Added content
Unread 11-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #131
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toejamm76 View Post
I wish I would have seen this earlier, I was bored all day. I even went out to hazers to look for any good finds on axles(none) and he said if they did it would be around $350 for a dana 44(OUCH!). How bout sunday? I meen today. If the fields are to met on monday I intend on adding a leaf to my rear springs as to level it with the new front springs. Just need to get the center pins and some bands. I found the pins at M&J's on main for $1.50 ea. and the clamps(hvy dty) at oriely's.

Look at the date again. He said Nov 14. Next Saturday. So you can still get together. I have a major basement project I am working on, so I can't make it.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #132
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
Look at the date again. He said Nov 14. Next Saturday. So you can still get together. I have a major basement project I am working on, so I can't make it.
Hey fargo, He edited that date in after my post. We have been in contact and will be working on future gatherings. Hope the project goes smooth for you. All the best.

CJCM #260

Last edited by LUGGNUTT; 11-09-2009 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: spelling
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #133
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

looking like down by DL on saturday, if anyone is interested. probably leave somewhere around 8 if all goes well. hope some can make it.
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #134
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I would like to try to make it, Give me a call later in the week if things still look good. I was told of a trail/campground in Itasca state park today. Did some searching on the web for that and the appleton park(youtube has video's of both) possible future outoings. hope this weekend works out.

CJCM #260

Unread 11-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #135
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

if not out at DL, here in town. either way, I am goin out!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.