North Dakota Jeep Club - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > North Dakota Jeep Forum > North Dakota Jeep Club

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 05-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #1261
Cherokee_ftw_5
1988 XJ Cherokee 

i'll roll up in one for sure.

Unread 05-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #1262
CR8DAWY
2012 JK Wrangler 

New bumpers

So I just ordered myself some new bumpers (front and rear) in just metal. Was thinking of having them Line-X'd or using some sort of spray can (ie Duplicolor, etc). Anybody have any experience with either? Not too worried about the cost to have done professionally but it would also be nice to have something that can be easily touched up (spray can) as long as it doesn't just start chipping. Also, do the spray can materials come off easy if I didn't like the end result?
CR8DAWY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #1263
birddogin
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I used dupont brand spray bedliner on my factory bumpers it turned out real good i put several coats on after a year it still looks good
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #1264
jpterbl1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got my fenders and corners powder coated at Ame coatings here in Bismarck. Price was very reasonable and they turned out great.
1998 tj: T&T long arm, 4 inch currie coils, Savvy Gas Skid, 4.56 gears HP44 with RCV shafts T&T truss front and currie HP9 rear, arb front and rear, teralow and tera2wd kit, 37 MTR's with kevlar, full cage, warn winch, T&T tire carrier, CO2 tank, etc.
Daily Driver/Tow Rig: 2008 Dodge 2500 diesel
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #1265
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

What bumpers did you pick up? Pics?
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #1266
CR8DAWY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Still waiting on them, but got a PSC brawler lite for the front bumper and the Knuckles Offroad Rear bumper with slant back tire carrier. Will definitely put up pictures once I get them.
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #1267
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8DAWY View Post
Still waiting on them, but got a PSC brawler lite for the front bumper and the Knuckles Offroad Rear bumper with slant back tire carrier. Will definitely put up pictures once I get them.
That knuckles bump looks sick. Definitely post ip when you have it installed!
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #1268
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

Reminder for the Fargo area guys...this Wednesday @7 pm at Old Chicago patio. Jeep meet n greet amd some beers!
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #1269
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

alright, scamp, thanks for the reminder. I will be there, and invited all the jeeps I have numbers for. we will see who comes out. martin (cherokeeftw) you need emily to bring hers, and not carpool!!! lol, get her dad too
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #1270
CR8DAWY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpterbl1
I got my fenders and corners powder coated at Ame coatings here in Bismarck. Price was very reasonable and they turned out great.
Have you had good experience with powdercoating? My concern is for scratching and if it needs touch-ups.
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #1271
CR8DAWY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Anybody with experience or equipment to remove the crash bar on the JK. The bumper I got also has a front skid and the crash bar is not really needed and either needs trimmed or removed. I really have no experience in that type of modification. Sounds like it wouldn't be hard to do just need the right equipment and to paint afterwards to prevent rust. Anyone?
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #1272
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8DAWY View Post
Anybody with experience or equipment to remove the crash bar on the JK. The bumper I got also has a front skid and the crash bar is not really needed and either needs trimmed or removed. I really have no experience in that type of modification. Sounds like it wouldn't be hard to do just need the right equipment and to paint afterwards to prevent rust. Anyone?
I'd imagine a sawzall would do the job...or a blue tipped wrench. Sawzall would leave it cleaner and less grinding to clean up the cut after.
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #1273
jpterbl1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8DAWY

Have you had good experience with powdercoating? My concern is for scratching and if it needs touch-ups.
I've had some but not a lot. Most of the time I've always spray canned my stuff. It's easy touch up but it always seemed that you had to do the whole thing or you could see that spot you touched up anyway. The powder coating cost me 50 bucks per piece. For that price you can't go wrong. I would have had that much in materials plus time to just spray can them. They sand blasted them and then washed the parts to get rid of oils for that price too. If I scratch them up my plan is to just get them redone after a few years of wheeling to freshen things up again. Ill try to get some pics tomorrow and post them up of them.
1998 tj: T&T long arm, 4 inch currie coils, Savvy Gas Skid, 4.56 gears HP44 with RCV shafts T&T truss front and currie HP9 rear, arb front and rear, teralow and tera2wd kit, 37 MTR's with kevlar, full cage, warn winch, T&T tire carrier, CO2 tank, etc.
Daily Driver/Tow Rig: 2008 Dodge 2500 diesel
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #1274
highrlr
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8DAWY
I can get it off for you if you don't have the means.
'09 JK rubicon unlimited- 3.5" clayton hard arm, billstein 5100's, 37" Nitto trail grapplers, Warn powerplant, Spod, OR-Fab tire carrier, Schaffer offroad front bumper, poison spyder evap skid, River Raider full skids, Poly Performance steering, Sleeved/gusseted f&r D44's with 5.38's & chromo shafts
highrlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #1275
CR8DAWY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well I ended up getting a sawzall and grinder, another good excuse to buy some tools.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.