North Dakota Jeep Club - Page 83 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > North Dakota Jeep Forum > North Dakota Jeep Club

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #1231
335i101

There were 2 jeeps with us...my wife shot this quick video....

335i101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #1232
335i101

http://youtu.be/anCo-vmmybQ
335i101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #1233
jpterbl1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was actually going to say you should send a message to Goodyear. Yea I tried doing some searching and didnt come up with anything much to help.
1998 tj: T&T long arm, 4 inch currie coils, Savvy Gas Skid, 4.56 gears HP44 with RCV shafts T&T truss front and currie HP9 rear, arb front and rear, teralow and tera2wd kit, 37 MTR's with kevlar, full cage, warn winch, T&T tire carrier, CO2 tank, etc.
Daily Driver/Tow Rig: 2008 Dodge 2500 diesel
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #1234
MattND
2000 WJ 

Nobody went down to the desert yesterday that I know of. My in-laws showed up yesterday morning somewhat unannounced and ended up spending the day with them and other family. I may go down there today for a bit if I can get my buddy in his XJ to come with.
Someone up there died? Wow.. that sucks. I have always been wary of ATVs, motorbikes and anything that people tend to get "crazy" on. I feel much safer in a Jeep/truck of some kind, and I think people just lose their minds when they get on an ATV, motorcycle, snowmobile, jetski... anything that is small and fast. It is fun, but there is no protection around you whatsoever. I have seen someone roll an ATV back over themselves, they were not hurt but could have been. I saw a kid being stupid on a sportbike crash and get hauled off in an ambulance many years ago.. changed my attitude towards that stuff and from that point on I never wanted anything to do with them. I've nearly killed people on Jetskis (usually kids that don't know the rules on the water). I will steer my kids toward "safer" fun and hope that they will not desire any of these dangerous toys. I understand that you can die doing just about anything in life, but I prefer to have a roof or rollcage around me. Also when you drive your offroad vehicle every day you will probably not want to break it doing stupid stuff because it will cost a fortune to fix it! I think that makes Jeeping safer just because of the attitude people have going into it.
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #1235
highrlr
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamp_71

Sent Goodyear a message today via their website. Hopefully something comes of it. Haven't seen/heard any other griping on the forums about them as of late. I just want some reliable rubber on all 4 corners
That sucks about your luck with the mtr's! I have heard pretty much all good things about them! I would not trust a bubble like that though, definately not on the sidewall! I would say move it to your spare (if you have one) or at least to your rear axle until you get things sorted out! Would hate to blow a 35" steer tire at any kind of speed on a jeep, could get ugly fast! We had a 35" gy mtr (old style) , it was one of chads old tires, that had a bubbled sidewall, but I'm sure it got pinched on a rock at low air pressure. We used it as a spare, but I took it to get mounted on a different rim and the tire shop said they wouldn't do it, too much of a liability.

On a side note, I love my nitto trail grapplers! Grey on road and off! And beefy sidewalls! In case this is enough to get you to make that jump to 37's
'09 JK rubicon unlimited- 3.5" clayton hard arm, billstein 5100's, 37" Nitto trail grapplers, Warn powerplant, Spod, OR-Fab tire carrier, Schaffer offroad front bumper, poison spyder evap skid, River Raider full skids, Poly Performance steering, Sleeved/gusseted f&r D44's with 5.38's & chromo shafts
highrlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #1236
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrlr View Post

That sucks about your luck with the mtr's! I have heard pretty much all good things about them! I would not trust a bubble like that though, definately not on the sidewall! I would say move it to your spare (if you have one) or at least to your rear axle until you get things sorted out! Would hate to blow a 35" steer tire at any kind of speed on a jeep, could get ugly fast! We had a 35" gy mtr (old style) , it was one of chads old tires, that had a bubbled sidewall, but I'm sure it got pinched on a rock at low air pressure. We used it as a spare, but I took it to get mounted on a different rim and the tire shop said they wouldn't do it, too much of a liability.

On a side note, I love my nitto trail grapplers! Grey on road and off! And beefy sidewalls! In case this is enough to get you to make that jump to 37's
It is on amy rear driver at the moment. Just freshly rotated about 2 weeks ago. I'm gonna have my local Goodyear shop give me their take on it and then start barking up Discount Tire Direct's tree. I like the tires too, but if its a safety issue going down the highway I prob need to go another direction. I've emailed Goodyear hoping they can give some feedback on whether they just had a bad run of tires or not and is a known issue.

Would love 37's, but not sure I could make them go with my current setup (about 2.25" of lift, flat fenders...need to install first, and trimmed pinch seem). I'm thinking about getting some teraflex 2.5" coils and then I'll see what kinda lift they provide. Just wanting to avoid driveshafts and don't really want to do a body lift.
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #1237
highrlr
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, hopefully they cover you! If DT gives you issues, they have their own section on JKO, maybe start a thread there, I bet it would get resolved in a hurry! But your doing the right thing so far, before grilling them!

If or when you do 37's I would highly recomend DS's, the stockers are really quite weak! But you setup is sweet on 35's. a two door on 35's can probably accomplish as much as a 4 door on 37's.
'09 JK rubicon unlimited- 3.5" clayton hard arm, billstein 5100's, 37" Nitto trail grapplers, Warn powerplant, Spod, OR-Fab tire carrier, Schaffer offroad front bumper, poison spyder evap skid, River Raider full skids, Poly Performance steering, Sleeved/gusseted f&r D44's with 5.38's & chromo shafts
highrlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #1238
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

Local shop looked at the tire and they're ordering a new one up for me. I'll have to cover labor for breaking it down to inspect and then mount/balance on the new, but sounds like they are going to warranty the tire if they don't find any impact damage.

Manager at local shop hasn't heard anything on a defective run of the mtrs so maybe its just a second fluke. I'm gonna check out the rest of mine soon and see if I can't detect any other soft spots. Like highrlr said...a blowout on 35s at highway speeds would be ugly!
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #1239
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

ok, we are going to make an attempt at the farm on sunday. the restriction that we have will be 33 inch or larger tires. there is still alot of snow, and we may not be able to get out there, but this will be the last weekend that may have snow, and not be a muddy mess. the next outing will most likely be towards june. we dont want to tear up the grass, so we will try this sunday.
we will be meeting at kmart on s university at 9 and leaving from there. if you feel up to it, please join us. trying to keep it small group, but will not keep you out if you show up...
Unread 04-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #1240
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneeagle78 View Post
ok, we are going to make an attempt at the farm on sunday. the restriction that we have will be 33 inch or larger tires. there is still alot of snow, and we may not be able to get out there, but this will be the last weekend that may have snow, and not be a muddy mess. the next outing will most likely be towards june. we dont want to tear up the grass, so we will try this sunday.
we will be meeting at kmart on s university at 9 and leaving from there. if you feel up to it, please join us. trying to keep it small group, but will not keep you out if you show up...
Pics? Home sick today and need some entertainment
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #1241
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

just getting home now, we will get some pics shortly...
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #1242
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 04-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #1243
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 04-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #1244
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 04-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #1245
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.