North Dakota Jeep Club - Page 82 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > North Dakota Jeep Forum > North Dakota Jeep Club

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 04-19-2013, 03:48 AM   #1216
Edmyers

I got a strap lol I may drive down there what days are you going

Edmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #1217
MattND
2000 WJ 

I'm not sure if you would call it a "trail head" you just follow the desert road until it opens up into the OHV area.. its just a big open wooded area that you can play around in.
Earlier in the day would be best for me.. before noon if possible. I could probably break away for a while at any point though. I am guessing it will be very sloppy and muddy.
Comeon anyone else up for getting some mud on the tires?
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #1218
highrlr
2009 JK Wrangler 

I don't think I'll be making it, wife works tomorow so I will be with my son. He's only 4 months old, and the wife tells me I cannot take him wheeling yet We did take my wife's runner down to the desert though a couple weeks ago, and we had the little guy with. He slept through it all!

Plus, like I have said before, I avoid mud like the plague! Have fun down there.
'09 JK rubicon unlimited- 3.5" clayton hard arm, billstein 5100's, 37" Nitto trail grapplers, Warn powerplant, Spod, OR-Fab tire carrier, Schaffer offroad front bumper, poison spyder evap skid, River Raider full skids, Poly Performance steering, Sleeved/gusseted f&r D44's with 5.38's & chromo shafts
highrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #1219
jpterbl1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would but I'm still wrenching on my jeep. Got the parts back from the powder coaters and now it's just putting things back together. Have fun though guys!
1998 tj: T&T long arm, 4 inch currie coils, Savvy Gas Skid, 4.56 gears HP44 with RCV shafts T&T truss front and currie HP9 rear, arb front and rear, teralow and tera2wd kit, 37 MTR's with kevlar, full cage, warn winch, T&T tire carrier, CO2 tank, etc.
Daily Driver/Tow Rig: 2008 Dodge 2500 diesel
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #1220
335i101

I am still waiting on final confirmation from the guy buying my Kart. If he backs out I will be backing out.

If I go I will be hauling my wife with me and I would guess it would be around noon. But I don't know what time the "buyer" has in mind.

So don't count on me, but I will do my best. FYI all I have is a strap and a cheap hand winch that I have never used but saw it for 20bucks at a gas station. Probably meant for atvs..
335i101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #1221
MattND
2000 WJ 

Whatever is fine, Ill check here in the morning to see if you are coming.
Unread 04-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #1222
highrlr
2009 JK Wrangler 

I would think you will get stuck in the snow before the mud, but you never know I guess! I think the ground is still fairly hard 6" down or so.
'09 JK rubicon unlimited- 3.5" clayton hard arm, billstein 5100's, 37" Nitto trail grapplers, Warn powerplant, Spod, OR-Fab tire carrier, Schaffer offroad front bumper, poison spyder evap skid, River Raider full skids, Poly Performance steering, Sleeved/gusseted f&r D44's with 5.38's & chromo shafts
Unread 04-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #1223
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

Highrlr...how long did your bushwacker install take? Seems 3-4 hours is the norm from what I've read on forums...
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #1224
highrlr
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I would say it took a good 2 or 3 hours. Nothing too difficult, and goes easier once you do one.
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #1225
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

What do you guys think...? Is this a bad spot all the way through the sidewall? Its a little nipple on one of the sidewall lugs and its pretty soft feeling. I already had a tire blow out on me within 2 weeks of having these on. Discount tire direct told me I must have hit a road hazard the first time and was the same deal...soft spot where it happened. I didn't recall hitting anything as I was only on pavement prior to the first one blowing out. Am I going to be sitting on 4 flats the first trail I hop on this summer in the blackhills? This is starting to piss me off. Maybe jpterbl can chime in since he's running gy kevlar mtrs...

forumrunner_20130420_180953.jpg

forumrunner_20130420_181005.jpg
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #1226
jpterbl1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamp_71
What do you guys think...? Is this a bad spot all the way through the sidewall? Its a little nipple on one of the sidewall lugs and its pretty soft feeling. I already had a tire blow out on me within 2 weeks of having these on. Discount tire direct told me I must have hit a road hazard the first time and was the same deal...soft spot where it happened. I didn't recall hitting anything as I was only on pavement prior to the first one blowing out. Am I going to be sitting on 4 flats the first trail I hop on this summer in the blackhills? This is starting to piss me off. Maybe jpterbl can chime in since he's running gy kevlar mtrs...
Pics are kinda hard to see but I believe it's a bubble right? That's weird that they would just do that without a defect or something.
Did they replace your first one without issue?
I've had mine since they first came out and not had one do that. I would probably call them again on that one and say that you have another one doing the same thing.
1998 tj: T&T long arm, 4 inch currie coils, Savvy Gas Skid, 4.56 gears HP44 with RCV shafts T&T truss front and currie HP9 rear, arb front and rear, teralow and tera2wd kit, 37 MTR's with kevlar, full cage, warn winch, T&T tire carrier, CO2 tank, etc.
Daily Driver/Tow Rig: 2008 Dodge 2500 diesel
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #1227
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpterbl1 View Post

Pics are kinda hard to see but I believe it's a bubble right? That's weird that they would just do that without a defect or something.
Did they replace your first one without issue?
I've had mine since they first came out and not had one do that. I would probably call them again on that one and say that you have another one doing the same thing.
Yea...pics are kinda cruddy but the first one was a big soft spot and just split open. This one now is on top of one of the lugs on the sidewall. Had local dealer here in town look at it and said it was defective and then when I shipped it back to DTD they mysteriously lost it in there warehouse before they sent it to Goodyear for inspection and I had to buy their certificates for replacement or foot the bill for a new tire... needless to say to I'm kinda pissed at dtd
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #1228
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

that may be part of the problem, these may be blem tires, and that is why discount tire has them cheaper? or maybe you just got a bad batch of rubber?? i am sure that you could get ahold of Goodyear as well, gibe them the dot code and they may be seeing an issue with a certain batch of tires??
I would probably go that route. good luck
Unread 04-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #1229
scamp_71
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneeagle78 View Post
that may be part of the problem, these may be blem tires, and that is why discount tire has them cheaper? or maybe you just got a bad batch of rubber?? i am sure that you could get ahold of Goodyear as well, gibe them the dot code and they may be seeing an issue with a certain batch of tires??
I would probably go that route. good luck
Sent Goodyear a message today via their website. Hopefully something comes of it. Haven't seen/heard any other griping on the forums about them as of late. I just want some reliable rubber on all 4 corners
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #1230
335i101

Anyone end up going to the desert?

I hooked up with some friends and we ended up mudding here in atv and UTVs. Sorry to say, a guy in our group on an ATV died. Obviously, vehicles are safer than atv's, but be safe out there.
335i101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.