North Dakota Jeep Club - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > North Dakota Jeep Forum > North Dakota Jeep Club

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 10-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #106
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Its pretty sad that we don't have any automotive aftermarket specialty shops in town. You would think a town of this size could support one. I know Minot has Tuff Trucks and I think Bismarck has something too.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #107
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

yeah, as far as aftermarket, exhaust pros on main. Brennan is a member of Roamers truck club. he has alot of experience doing lifts and 4wd. you could certainly buy offline and doi it yourself too.
Unread 10-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #108
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneeagle78 View Post
yeah, as far as aftermarket, exhaust pros on main. Brennan is a member of Roamers truck club. he has alot of experience doing lifts and 4wd. you could certainly buy offline and doi it yourself too.
I would check with him on pricing first. He might be able to do a better price than BDS does on their website. If you want BDS that is.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 03:51 PM   #109
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

not sure about install, but performance auto on main has rims and tires in the window, tintmasters does alot of aftermarket, there may be one other truck one here in town, not sure if they are still in business though
Unread 10-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #110
jpterbl1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure if there is anyone in Bismarck. have not checked in a while. I usual like to do the work myself so i know how things go together and how to fix it when it breaks. I would check online thats usually what I do when I need parts.
1998 tj: T&T long arm, 4 inch currie coils, Savvy Gas Skid, 4.56 gears HP44 with RCV shafts T&T truss front and currie HP9 rear, arb front and rear, teralow and tera2wd kit, 37 MTR's with kevlar, full cage, warn winch, T&T tire carrier, CO2 tank, etc.
Daily Driver/Tow Rig: 2008 Dodge 2500 diesel
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #111
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
I would check with him on pricing first. He might be able to do a better price than BDS does on their website. If you want BDS that is.
Ill keep that in mind, but I was looking at the rough country kit for my zj. Any thoughts or preferences out there?
solomon8718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #112
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I am running a rough country 4 1/2 lift on my xj, it all depends on what you are looking at for a lift, how high you wanna go. zj is usually pretty easy to lift. anything from boosters all around for a 2-3 inch lift, to replacing springs all around. just depends on what you want.
Unread 10-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #113
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

oh yeah, I may have a monster of a jeep, but am still new to the wheelin aspect of it. I traded into it and am glad I have such a capable rig.
Unread 10-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #114
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneeagle78 View Post
I am running a rough country 4 1/2 lift on my xj, it all depends on what you are looking at for a lift, how high you wanna go. zj is usually pretty easy to lift. anything from boosters all around for a 2-3 inch lift, to replacing springs all around. just depends on what you want.
Sweet. Yeah, Im looking at the rough country 4 inch lift for my jeep. It will be a little while before I can think too much about upgrades, but it looks like the most bang for the buck that I've seen so far.

And as a side note, I've got a buddy who is overhauling an 88 or 89 cherokee right now. Hopefully if he gets the interior put back in before we go out, he might join us.
Unread 10-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #115
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

kewl. I was just invited to a farm to wheel her in the next couple weeks. I will find out how many he would like to come out.
Unread 10-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #116
msplichal
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon8718 View Post
Sweet. Yeah, Im looking at the rough country 4 inch lift for my jeep. It will be a little while before I can think too much about upgrades, but it looks like the most bang for the buck that I've seen so far.

And as a side note, I've got a buddy who is overhauling an 88 or 89 cherokee right now. Hopefully if he gets the interior put back in before we go out, he might join us.
Actually it is an 85 XJ and I just got the new floor pans from FedEx last night! Maybe I will get them in this weekend, we will have to see.
msplichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #117
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by msplichal View Post
Actually it is an 85 XJ and I just got the new floor pans from FedEx last night! Maybe I will get them in this weekend, we will have to see.
Ha! Nice. Let me know if you want some help with that.
Unread 11-01-2009, 06:48 AM   #118
npwade
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hi from florida ...My wife and i are thinking of moving from here to North Dakota.... have been reading some of the threads here..was wondering how the wheeling was there...i am begining to think it's not as good as i hoped... We used to truck through N.D quite abit..also i hope ya do get a club up and running as we would join it...tanks for ya time.....npwade
npwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #119
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

hate to say it, but down by minneapolis mn there are alot of trails, or out west in nd, around the fargo area, it is kind of thin as far as trails. Iron Range Offroad's Home Page check this site out for northern MN, that seems to be a great location for wheeling. still a few hours away from fargo area, but still fun none the less

Last edited by loneeagle78; 11-01-2009 at 08:36 AM..
loneeagle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 07:27 AM   #120
scotiez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Middle and western North Dakota is also good for wheeling. There is a club around the rugby area, but i can't remember the name of it. The Eastern part of the state is pretty much swallowed up by farm land, where once you head east it's more hilly.

White Jeep Club :member#300
scotiez is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.