Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

North Dakota Jeep Club

172K views 2K replies 85 participants last post by  WesternEdge 
#1 ·
This club is out of Minot North Dakota. The club is not limited to just Jeeps. We take all comers and everyone is welcome. There are no fees to become member. We take trips all round the north dakota area and family members and friends are welcome to come as well. If your around the Minot area and would like to join our club email us at. NorthDakotaJeepClub@yahoo.com

#2 ·
ForkLift said:
This club is out of Minot North Dakota. The club is not limited to just Jeeps. We take all comers and everyone is welcome. There are no fees to become member. We take trips all round the north dakota area and family members and friends are welcome to come as well. If your around the Minot area and would like to join our club email us at. NorthDakotaJeepClub@yahoo.com
Not to be a smart ***, but, where in the he*l do you go wheelin in NorDakota.??

that is about as flat as it can be..

unless it has changed in the 20+ years since I have been there..

#3 ·
deserthorizons said:

Well you are being a smart ***. Don't reply with stupid comments. What is wrong with trying to get together with other 4x4'ers and have a little fun wheeling.

You think that because were not in the greatest area to go off roading that we shouldnt go out at all. You got some nerve saying stuff about other people who want to go out and have some fun. I and everyone eles knows that N.D. is no Moab, but we make the best out of what we have.

Here is a link of a "good" spots in N.D. to go wheelin.
http://www.bc4x4.com/thbsjeep/ND/ND.html

This is just a small rinky-dinky, weekend warrior club. Basicaly friends who just come together to go wheeelin on the weekends. And this thread is just for anybody interested in coming together and joining us.

Hopefully someday well have enough people gathered up to make big trips to better, well known locations.

#4 ·
Drug this thread up from the bottom of the mud pit.... Looking for some info.

Hey Forklift, are you guys still around and active?

I was in Minot last summer looking for some activity and saw some nice Jeeps, but couldn't hook up with anyone. No one seemed to know anything about any clubs or trails.

I/we would like to hook up with some of you guys this year - our club is looking for a little side trip out of country. Likewise if any of you are planning a trip this way, we could show you around some of our trails.

What's the word for 07?

#6 ·
Fargo said:
If any one knows about Fargo clubs I would be interested in that as well.
Hey Fargo, there doesn't seem to be many of us around eastern North Dakota. If you find some clubs or somepeople who just want to hang out let me know. I'm in Grand Forks here.

#7 ·
scotiez said:
Hey Fargo, there doesn't seem to be many of us around eastern North Dakota. If you find some clubs or somepeople who just want to hang out let me know. I'm in Grand Forks here.
I'll be sure to put something on the forum here as soon as I find something around here. In the meantime you can check out MN You should be able to meet up with some of these guys too.

#8 ·
deserthorizons said:

I'll take you out the next time I'm back to some tough areas but I dont think that Liberty would make it out of the Kirkwood Mall :rofl:

#9 ·
hi guys i need some help! i have a jeep cherokee sport, which has those charcoal grey/black kind of plastic protector bar on the sides of the jeep( i don't know what it's called..i would call it a shop cart protector but i don't know the technical name for it) anyways, if you know what i am talking about can you tell me what the technical name for it is and if it is something that can be replaced...and also if its possible to fix where i can find a place around the grand forks area that would have a replacement for it! thanks!

#10 ·
:OffTopic:

I think your question would be better answered in the cherokee technical forum. Post it again over there and you will get answers much quicker.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

By the way welcome to the Jeep forum. This is a great place to get all the info you need about your Jeep.

#11 ·
Hi ND guys. Fargo, I am just 300 miles down the big street from you. Maybe we can get an Eastern Dakota thing going sometime? My inlaws live in Hillsboro, I get up there once in a while.

Good thread dig, Outback. :wave:

#12 ·
Hi ND guys. Fargo, I am just 300 miles down the big street from you. Maybe we can get an Eastern Dakota thing going sometime? My inlaws live in Hillsboro, I get up there once in a while.

Good thread dig, Outback. :wave:
Just give a post when your in the area. We'll see what we can do.

#15 ·
Thats not a bad idea. They should have their annual 4x4 Rendezvous in June out there. Maybe some of us can meet up at the annual Redezvous and plan for something again later in the summer. They key will be to meet up with some of the locals out there so they can take you out on the trails since it is on private land.

#19 · (Edited)
I'm right in Grand Forks. I have only found a couple of people online from the GF area. Wish there were more ... I see alot of jeeps around all the time. Looks like a nice Liberty you have. I was lookin at those before i bought my TJ.
BTW I'm Scott.... Nice to meet you.

#20 ·
Did any of you guys end up going out west the the roughriders rendezvous in the badlands? Our club was planning to, but the costs of fuel and the lack of available members this summer set back that plan a bit.

On a similar note....

I would like to encourage and initiate some crossborder operations and cooperation between NoDak and Manitoba Jeepers and/or Jeep clubs.

I am thinking we could get together at the Peace Gardens for a show and shine or something to bring us together. Perhaps a potluck BBQ dinner or something to get to know each other before planning future gatherings or runs. There is a 10 mile bush trail up here that we could run beforehand if anyone was so inclined. Our club could host the gathering and start to promote some Nodak-Manitoba Jeepin.

The Peace Garden is located on the Canada-USA border straight north of Rugby ND.

#23 ·
Composing a list of active ND Jeepers here for easy referance...

Fargo - Fargo
Scotiez - Grand Forks
Kastiron - SE ND somewhere :shhh:
Actionplant - Bismark
RAVRaptor - Grand Forks
Snow99dohc - Rugby
Guitardude - Bismark

Yeah I know, I'm not in ND - I'm across the border in Manitoba, but still interested in some cross border Jeeping. Would like to do an international Jeepers meet-up some time. Perhaps summer 09. Our club may be willing to plan and host it if there is interest. Any thoughts on that idea?

#24 ·
Good idea with the list. Keep it going here. Maybe you want to add it to your post on the first page for easier reference.

Thats cool that your actually across the border. Maybe we need to be the Peace Garden Jeep Club.

#27 ·
I think its a great idea. Keep the list updated and when you have a plan to meet up sometime in 09 post it early enough so we can plan for it.

#33 ·
OK, the date we have for an International Jeepers meet up will be Sunday August 2nd at the International Peace Gardens on the Can-USA border north of Dunseith ND.

There is usually an Antique, Classic and Custom car show that same day, so anyone interested can wander off over there and have a look around too. One of our Members will be showing his 1959 WILLYS Wagon.

As far as I know (need to double check) the Park entry fee should be waived for any Jeeps participating in the Jeep meet/show.

Should we go ahead on this?

#34 ·
OK, the date we have for an International Jeepers meet up will be Sunday August 2nd at the International Peace Gardens on the Can-USA border north of Dunseith ND.

There is usually an Antique, Classic and Custom car show that same day, so anyone interested can wander off over there and have a look around too. One of our Members will be showing his 1959 WILLYS Wagon.

As far as I know (need to double check) the Park entry fee should be waived for any Jeeps participating in the Jeep meet/show.

Should we go ahead on this?
I can't say for sure if I can make it or not, but I think it sounds like it could be fun. I'll sure try to get there if it happens. Put me down for a yes, lets do it.

#36 ·
kis86 - Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us and the ND Club. We'll have to try and get together since your right here in Fargo/W.Fargo area. Maybe we can go hit the trails at Spider Lake this spring. We better enjoy it this summer. I think its scheduled to be closed for good this fall. :mad:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trail_detail.html?id=27

#38 ·
The trails at Spider Lake are really easy. But they are very fun. Especially the first time. That is the place I got offroad for the first time.

#39 ·
Hi,
There are three of us trying to get something going around SE ND and would like to get information about anything that is going on in the state. All three are from the Montpelier area. The Peace Garden event sounds like something that we would be interested in and if something gets going out west we definitely want to do that.
Matt

#40 ·
Wow your first post is about getting together to to wheeling. Thats a great way to start on the forum. Welcome. Unfortunetaly there are not a lot of people here from that state and there are even few places to wheel. I think this thread contains about everything that happens here. I'll post something here when ever I go somewhere. But the only place nearby is Spider Lake in MN.

#41 ·
Hey guys, still alive and kickin' here in Bismarck. I should be able to make that aug 2 event if it's still going, so count me in.

Aside from the middle of june, my summer calendar is currently open so post any other runs / events for the handful of us north dakota guys (and the manitoba jeeper).

:cheers2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.