North Dakota Jeep Club - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > North Dakota Jeep Forum > North Dakota Jeep Club

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #136
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toejamm76 View Post
I would like to try to make it, Give me a call later in the week if things still look good. I was told of a trail/campground in Itasca state park today. Did some searching on the web for that and the appleton park(youtube has video's of both) possible future outoings. hope this weekend works out.
Care to share anymore about the trail near Itaska? I'd be interested in going out there next summer.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #137
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I sold a set of tires to a guy in town and he goes there every year, Claims that there's a long trail like a 40+ mile loop that has great terrain and a resturant/fuel stop about halfway through. He says that it isn't listed as a trail ride but as a campground with trails. I will contact him and see what more info I can get on the requirements. He said it was around a $25 fee to run the trail and camp. I checked out there web site but the info was limited.

CJCM #260

www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com
LUGGNUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #138
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I sold a set of tires to a guy in town and he goes there every year, Claims that there's a long trail like a 40+ mile loop that has great terrain and a resturant/fuel stop about halfway through. He says that it isn't listed as a trail ride but as a campground with trails. I will contact him and see what more info I can get on the requirements. He said it was around a $25 fee to run the trail and camp. I checked out there web site but the info was limited.
That sounds interesting. Can you let us in on the name of the campground. I like to get up there once in awhile. Whether I'm whellin or not. It might be worth staying at.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #139
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

itasca

Aftert some digging here is a site I found designating the area's around the park where you can operate ORV's. There's also a site called trails.com that has downloadable trails maps. Hope this helps.http://http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/..._planfinal.pdf

CJCM #260

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #140
solomon8718

1998 ZJ 

Zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneeagle78 View Post
if not out at DL, here in town. either way, I am goin out!!!
I'd like to find out when and where. I have some other things I need to plan this weekend and I want to fit everything in if possible.
solomon8718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #141
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Aftert some digging here is a site I found designating the area's around the park where you can operate ORV's. There's also a site called trails.com that has downloadable trails maps. Hope this helps.http://http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/..._planfinal.pdf

Thanks I'll have to look into that a little more closely when I have more time.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #142
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

ok, just got the word, we are leaving on saturday morning about 8 am. we will probably meet up at the Kmart on university at about 7:45 and leave at 8. we will then head to dunvilla and go play at my friends farm. it has mud holes, hills and stuff. if you have recovery equipment please bring! it will be a if you bring it, take it with you. no littering, alcohol is ok, but no dui's, and no getting stupid! we will probably be there most the day, and if all goes well, we will probably be invited back for other runs. hope to see you there!! bring your own drinks, and possibly your own food, there is a resturaunt, we may go there, not sure, let me know what and who wants to come!!
Unread 11-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #143
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I am for sure in if things go as planned. I will contact you if things go down the tubes for me. Hope to have a great time.

CJCM #260

Unread 11-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #144
solomon8718

1998 ZJ 

Zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneeagle78 View Post
ok, just got the word, we are leaving on saturday morning about 8 am. we will probably meet up at the Kmart on university at about 7:45 and leave at 8. we will then head to dunvilla and go play at my friends farm. it has mud holes, hills and stuff. if you have recovery equipment please bring! it will be a if you bring it, take it with you. no littering, alcohol is ok, but no dui's, and no getting stupid! we will probably be there most the day, and if all goes well, we will probably be invited back for other runs. hope to see you there!! bring your own drinks, and possibly your own food, there is a resturaunt, we may go there, not sure, let me know what and who wants to come!!
I'm definitetly in. Kmart is south of 94 right? Im not in that area often.
solomon8718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #145
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

yep, just south of 94 on university. we will meet there and "jeepavan" to dunvilla.
Unread 11-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #146
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Have fun guys. Hopefully I'll get my basement finished this winter and I can join you all next summer.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #147
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I regreat to say that due to getting the flu I will have to miss the outing on saturday. I want to go but would prefer not passing this onto anyone else. Sucks I spent hours getting the Jeep ready for this only to be shut down by the flu(not H1N1) So take some pics guys so I can feel like I was there. Have a blast guys.

CJCM #260

Unread 11-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #148
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

hey, you still may be able to go, but pics will be had, and fun will be taken!! hopefully you get to feeling better, but it looks like we have about 6-8 trucks going as of now. anyone else up to going?
Unread 11-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #149
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

boy all I have to say is that was a blast today!!!!! just a couple of things that didnt go as planned, I bent a tie rod, and found out that my trans is weak. we will have to get together again soon!!
Unread 11-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #150
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

No doubt, When did you discover the tie-rod end was bent? I PMed you my e-mail so shoot me a line and I will forward the pics.

CJCM #260

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.