ND wheelers? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > North Dakota Jeep Forum > ND wheelers?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #16
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwagon67
In ND its an OHV area and is a free for all so it really doesn't have any trail designations.
Do you have any other links or info on this. I don't know if this is right. At least I've never known that it was OHV. As far as I know most of the land out there is either Privately owned, National Park, or National Grasslands. You would have to get permission to ride on private land obviously. The National Park doesn't allow anything offroad except hiking. I don't think you can even take mountain bikes out there. The National Grasslands will allow you offroading but you need to keep on designated trails. But I've never found a trail map. If you know of anything please let me know. I get out there once a year camping but I've never found any public trails. I hope your right. I always want to get off the road when I'm out there. I may need to investigate further. So let me know if you ever find anything else.

I've heard of the Desert in Bismarck. I have some friends the grew up there and talk about the parties out there. One of them still lives in Bismark, so I've always got a place to stay there if I ever get out there. I might have to check it out sometime.

Post up next time your in Bismarck. Maybe we can hook up.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #17
powerwagon67
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry!I was referring to the Desert as an OHV area.. When we would go to the Badlands we would go north of the north unit in private areas near Grassy Butte.

Quad Zilla TowRig 2001 F350 Powerstroke SuperCrew (AKA Clyde)

GhostRidersJeepClub.ORG
powerwagon67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #18
scotiez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in Grand Forks. I have had 4X4s all my life and always wanted a Jeep, so i'm new to the jeep world as of Dec 1, 2007. I can already tell these are alot more fun then any 4X4 i have had before.

White Jeep Club :member#300
scotiez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
Howieb92
1998 ZJ 

Grand Forks ,ND here and on my second jeep and starting to get it built up. =0
[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #655[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
Howieb92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
agrothe
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im ib Bismarck, anone else?
agrothe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #21
agrotom
1981 CJ5 

Cj

Park River, ND here. I have two off road wheelers my little Jeep and my 1966 FJ40 with a 327 chevy, all tore apart but hope to have it up and running in a year or two.
agrotom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #22
skhockey88
2012 JK Wrangler 

Anyone in Minot? I know a few people on here said they were but that was 5-6 years ago! Any Minot people? If not I'm looking to start one for the Minot to Bismarck area! Let me know...
skhockey88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #23
GemGem
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Grand Forks,ND here don't wheel my jeep but i do have an all tube buggy.. going to gilbert next weekend (august 17-19) should be an awesome time... we always love the iron range
Unread 11-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #24
mxrider250
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey all!

I just moved up to Grand Forks from Chicago a few weeks ago, are there any good wheeling spots around here? Just looking for a few light trails or anything. How far is iron range from here?
mxrider250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #25
GemGem
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrider250 View Post
Hey all!

I just moved up to Grand Forks from Chicago a few weeks ago, are there any good wheeling spots around here? Just looking for a few light trails or anything. How far is iron range from here?
hullow! my husband and i are in grand forks. there is nothing around here for wheeling. the iron range is about 5 hours away n we spend alot of time there. we don't have jeeps but tube buggies. we also have a mx track in gf but i'm seriously thinking about making it into a mini off road play ground l0l

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.