Fargo, N. Dakota - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > North Dakota Jeep Forum > Fargo, N. Dakota

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fargo, N. Dakota

Just watched the news here in Los Angeles and saw the battle that is going on to hold back the river. Quite an undertaking. Thoughts and prayers going out to all the folks trying to save their property this evening.

To JF board member "Fargo" (who owns Sahara #41)........hope all is well.

Glockster's Rubihara Build
glockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockster View Post
Just watched the news here in Los Angeles and saw the battle that is going on to hold back the river. Quite an undertaking. Thoughts and prayers going out to all the folks trying to save their property this evening.

To JF board member "Fargo" (who owns Sahara #41)........hope all is well.

Hey, I know I'm a bit late to reply but thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I thought about giving an update on the forum but it was so busy I couldn't take time to look at the forum. Although I thought I did stop in once. But I really can't remember. Everything was a bit of a blur for a while. It was a pretty tough month last month. Their were times when I really didn't think we had a chance. Especially when I saw how high some of those sandbag dikes were and how BIG the river was getting. But the whole town really pulled together and worked endless days to save our city. In the end we prevailed. There were a number of homes lost so not everyone came out unscathed, but overall we came out better than even I thought we would. So thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I think God really heard them and not only held the river back but kept people going when we thought we had no more to give.

I also want to give a big thanks to all the college kids here in town. If we didn't have 3 universities in town I don't think we would have had the man power to pull this off. But those kids worked tirelessly to save a town they were only going to live in for 4-5 years. So my hats off to them.

Personally I came out ok. I have a humble little one story house, but I am only about 3 blocks from the river. So I was over there quite frequently to help and keep an eye on things. Fortunately everything held together near me and I didn't have any water near the house. So thanks again for thinking of me.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.