Looking to plan a trip for summer... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Wyoming Jeep Forum > Looking to plan a trip for summer...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
sa_9933
2004 KJ Liberty 

Looking to plan a trip for summer...

i'm looking to plan a trip for the first or second week in august. i'm planning to make a loop around Broken bow national forest area and down into northern colorado area. i have maps and trail info for colorado. i am looking for maps of the wyoming area or a book that would have wyoming trail info.
Also anyone interested in going along, or meeting out there is welcome. I'm still in the planning stages and very open to suggestions.
thanks
Brian

Unread 01-31-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
wyocommander
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hi Brian, I believe Broken Bow is in Oklahoma.
Do you mean Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest(NF lands located in S.E. Wyoming and running down into N.E. CO)? If so, check www.fs.fed.us/r2/mbr or call the Medicine Bow NF office in Laramie, WY at 307-745-2300, they are very helpful.
Also try www.wyomingtourism.org for free maps and suggestions or call 1-800-225-5996.
We sold our Rubi a couple of years ago, but are seriously considering another Jeep. Probably an X trim level(very basic) 2dr. JK.

Last edited by wyocommander; 01-31-2008 at 05:37 PM..
wyocommander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 06:39 AM   #3
sa_9933
2004 KJ Liberty 

yes, i did mean medicine bow national forest in wyoming, thank you for the info. After seeing the new JK's in person at the Qwest Center here in Omaha, i'm trying to talk my wife in to trading her 04 Liberty on a 4 door Rubicon. I'll definately keep my 03 TJ for trail running, ect.
Unread 02-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #4
wyocommander
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey, glad I could help with some info.
We've had a busy last few days. Long story, but we now have a 2008 JK 2dr. base X.
wyocommander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
Wild Hare
1991 YJ Wrangler 

you can watch our sites www.trailheaders.net or www.cheyennetrailcrew.org and see if our wheelin trips coincide with your plans. your welcome to tag along.
Wild Hare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.