Laramie wyo? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Wyoming Jeep Forum > Laramie wyo?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 06-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
99_TJ_Wyoming
1999 TJ Wrangler 

In Casper there is an off-road park, Poison Spider ORV Area. In fact there is going to be an amateur off-road competition there June 22nd (The Poison Spider Challenge) held every year by a club in Casper.

backcountrycrawlers.com There are a lot of good NF roads and trails around Laramie, the biggest issue you'll run in to is people who forget that their land is legally passable to access public lands.

There is also a book called ""Wyoming Backroads (An Off-Highway Guide to Wyoming's Best Backcountry Drives, 4WD Routes, and ATV Trails)"" by Marc Smith - Open Space Publications - Casper

South and west of Laramie is also the Medicine Bow National Forest that leads in to the Routt National Forest, lots of trails through there also.

99_TJ_Wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #17
007_SuperCoupe
2004 WJ 

Thanks for the input. I wheeled for about 4 hours on Friday, but then had to head back to NE. I foresee a fair amount of time being spent out in that area and am planning on building some off-road time into each trip. My son will be in school for several years to come and UW was trying to recruit my wife to teach as well. We are a few years from that though...

I'm already looking forward to my next trip out there. Now I have a little more information to use to plan the next trip.
007_SuperCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.