Jackson Hole WY - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Wyoming Jeep Forum > Jackson Hole WY

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
dodchall70

Jackson Hole WY

Thinking about going to Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons area in Sept. Is there any good trails up there to take my CJ on?

[COLOR="Yellow"][COLOR="Black"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #75[/COLOR][/COLOR]
dodchall70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Stay south and west of Yellowstone and you'll find plenty of level-3 to level-6 type roads. I bumped into a ranger and was directed to Grassy Lake, just below Yellowstone; the road also goes all the way to Idaho.
Click on Mapquest and look for the thin squiggly lines...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
thecommander
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

loads of trails around dubois and cody wyoming. i'm not sure about jackson, its the california town i try to avoid here in wyoming.

“The day will eventually come where people will respond the same way about Al Gore getting a Noble Peace Prize for Global Warming as they do now with Milli VaNilli getting a Grammy.”-my wife
thecommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

i'm sure there's tonnes ...

...i'd take hilldweller's advise. stay south and to the west or south and to the east...but definitely south. i remember seeing some trail-like roads driving out of the park headed south on 191...more towards jackson than yellowstone.

::edit:: btw, most of my time in wyo was spent in the southwest corner, namely rock springs and green river area...lots and lots of trails in that area. LOTS.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirt View Post
Did you ever get a chance to play around on the Killpecker sand dunes? I'm dying to get out there.
can't say that i did...actually didn't do any heavy 4x4'ing, can recall that i only put the company truck in 4x4 high one time.

...most of my exploring was on rig roads.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
peeweeXJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

There isn't much land in the Jackson area to be wheeled. Maybe scenic routes, but not anything real technical. Only about 70 miles north, through the park is Paradise Valley in Montana. If you want to stay in wyoming, you would have better luck in The Cody/Meteetsee(sp)/Greybull area.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.