Any trails near the Tetons - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Wyoming Jeep Forum > Any trails near the Tetons

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Reply
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #31
Fargo
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,011
Capper5016 - I don't know why you deleted this. This is good info. Thanks for sharing. I'm on vacation and don't mind driving a couple hours out of the way. I'm flexible with where I am going. Besides, I may go through Yellowstone on my way back home. So I could hit these trails then. Let me know if you have any additional info.

Quote:
If you dont mind driving an hour or two north, just outside the Northeast Gate at Yellowstone there are some absolutely beautiful trails. I just spent a week exploring them and highly recommend it if you are looking for spectacular scenery.
Just past the Top Of The World General Store there is a dirt road that goes to the SE, it splits with one road going to Sawtooth Lake and the other going to Panfan Lake, but bring bear spray because there are grizzlies and wolves all over the place. Just to the Sw of that is Lulu Pass, which heads north up the mountains, it gets a little hairy in places, but the view is incredible......make sure you bring a fishing pole because those lakes are full of incredible trout.
***************


__________________
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #32
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason
 
LVCapo's Avatar
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
Capper5016 - I don't know why you deleted this. This is good info. Thanks for sharing. I'm on vacation and don't mind driving a couple hours out of the way. I'm flexible with where I am going. Besides, I may go through Yellowstone on my way back home. So I could hit these trails then. Let me know if you have any additional info.
I deleted it because Im a ******* and couldnt get the pictures to post....sorry.
ynp.jpg   ynp_1.jpg   ynp_2.jpg   ynp_3.jpg   ynp_4.jpg  

ynp_5.jpg   ynp_6.jpg   ynp_7.jpg  
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #33
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason
 
LVCapo's Avatar
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,212
If you drive through Yellowstone, make sure you drive up to the NW area (Mammoth Hot Springs) then across the Lamar Valley over to the NE Entrance....thats the best area for wildlife viewing and where you will find the buffalo, grizzlies, and wolves. The pics at the bottom are from a grizzly/wolf dustup I caught in that area last summer (I go every year).
Not sure when you are going, or if you are already there, but I have a map I can mark up and send you if you'd like.
grizzlies-2-.jpg   grizzlies-3-.jpg   grizzlies-4-.jpg   grizzlies.jpg  
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #34
Fargo
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016 View Post
If you drive through Yellowstone, make sure you drive up to the NW area (Mammoth Hot Springs) then across the Lamar Valley over to the NE Entrance....thats the best area for wildlife viewing and where you will find the buffalo, grizzlies, and wolves. The pics at the bottom are from a grizzly/wolf dustup I caught in that area last summer (I go every year).
Not sure when you are going, or if you are already there, but I have a map I can mark up and send you if you'd like.

This trail looks about perfect for what I like to do on vacation. Not too hard, but still interesting. I'll send you a PM with my email address. I'd love to see a copy of your marked maps. I'm leaving in about 1 week from tomorrow.

That encounter with the bear and coyote must have been fun to watch!
__________________
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #35
cabinboy88
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 2
In heading this way in August from Michigan. Thanks for good info. Anymore detail on maps/directions? I'm a bit of a newbie to the jeep world.
cabinboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #36
rcsutton
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Highlands, NC
Posts: 376
Same question from NC wheeled a little bit though.
__________________
2010 2 door JK Red Rubicon.
rcsutton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #37
Galmy
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Ledge, MI
Posts: 8
Capper...is the trail east or west of the general store?
Galmy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #38
99_TJ_Wyoming
Web Wheeler
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,111
If you guys are wanting to run the Big Horn Mtm. trails, like the do with Jeep Jamboree I would be interested in going along. I know the trails start just north of Casper in Dayton Wyoming and it's a great day trail. I've been wanting to run it, but I won't do the Jeep jamboree thing ($500 for 2 people for about a day wheeling and a cook-out dinner, no thanks, that's mod money )

Anyway, I live south of Casper and know some decent trails down here off of I-80 as well, Labor day we'll be in Moab for the annual Labor Day get together, other than that we're free.
99_TJ_Wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #39
Fargo
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_TJ_Wyoming View Post
If you guys are wanting to run the Big Horn Mtm. trails, like the do with Jeep Jamboree I would be interested in going along. I know the trails start just north of Casper in Dayton Wyoming and it's a great day trail. I've been wanting to run it, but I won't do the Jeep jamboree thing ($500 for 2 people for about a day wheeling and a cook-out dinner, no thanks, that's mod money )

Anyway, I live south of Casper and know some decent trails down here off of I-80 as well, Labor day we'll be in Moab for the annual Labor Day get together, other than that we're free.
Thanks for posting. I never knew there were any trails in the Big Horn Mountains. I've never been there. They are such a small range on the map I figured there was nothing there to see. I may have to check that out some time.
__________________
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.