Vacation in Glacier or Tetons - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Montana Jeep Forum > Vacation in Glacier or Tetons

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 07-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Vacation in Glacier or Tetons

Hey guys, I am thinking about taking a vacation either up by Glacier NP or down in the Grand Tetons. Are there any established trails near either of those places that I could do a day or two of trail riding? Where are some enjoyable and scenic trails in MT that I might consider taking a vacation near. I'm coming from ND so something along the way might be a possibility as well.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Did you ever find any good trials near Glacier or Tetons? I'm heading to both this summer and I'm looking for ideas.
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
Did you ever find any good trials near Glacier or Tetons? I'm heading to both this summer and I'm looking for ideas.
Not really.

I never went to Glacier. Just Tetons and Yellowstone. At the Totons I drove an old 2 trackl through the middle of the park. I believe it was called the "Old River Road". I think its on the Parks maps even. It was a bit rough and had some beautiful views of the Tetons, but nothing any high clearance vehicle couldn't travel. But it was still an enjoyable drive.

I found that their are some trails further north of Yellowstone off of the Cooke City Road that goes through Bear Tooth pass. But I never got a chance to drive that road.

The info I got is basically as follows:

All three are on hwy 212 outside the NE entrance of the park.

#1 is Lulu Pass Trail, just east of Cooke City....goes up the mountain, beautiful views, fun trail

#2 has no name, but its just past the Chief Joseph Trail, on the north side. This trail is about 10 miles long and ends up by Reno Lake.

#3 is right across from the Island Lake campground, about 1/2 past the Top Of The World General Store. It splits with the right going to FanTan Lake and the left going to Sawtooth Lake.

I got this info from another member here on JF. It might be in another thread even. He sent me pdfs of maps at the time but unfortunetaly I can't find them right now. But the descriptions above should give a good idea of where they are. If your looking for trails I would try these. The one I did in the Tetons was enjoyable but no challenge.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Very cool - I appreciate the info.
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
Very cool - I appreciate the info.
No problem the info came from someone else on the forum. Maybe he will chime in and give more updated info. I know there are some pictures of Lulu pass in the Montana thread, so a search on some of those names might reveal more info for you.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
rcsutton
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'll be in Glacier NP with Jeep 1st week in June looking for trails also. Any updates??:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.