Vacation in Glacier or Tetons - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Montana Jeep Forum > Vacation in Glacier or Tetons

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 07-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Vacation in Glacier or Tetons

Hey guys, I am thinking about taking a vacation either up by Glacier NP or down in the Grand Tetons. Are there any established trails near either of those places that I could do a day or two of trail riding? Where are some enjoyable and scenic trails in MT that I might consider taking a vacation near. I'm coming from ND so something along the way might be a possibility as well.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:55 AM   #2
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Did you ever find any good trials near Glacier or Tetons? I'm heading to both this summer and I'm looking for ideas.
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
Did you ever find any good trials near Glacier or Tetons? I'm heading to both this summer and I'm looking for ideas.
Not really.

I never went to Glacier. Just Tetons and Yellowstone. At the Totons I drove an old 2 trackl through the middle of the park. I believe it was called the "Old River Road". I think its on the Parks maps even. It was a bit rough and had some beautiful views of the Tetons, but nothing any high clearance vehicle couldn't travel. But it was still an enjoyable drive.

I found that their are some trails further north of Yellowstone off of the Cooke City Road that goes through Bear Tooth pass. But I never got a chance to drive that road.

The info I got is basically as follows:

All three are on hwy 212 outside the NE entrance of the park.

#1 is Lulu Pass Trail, just east of Cooke City....goes up the mountain, beautiful views, fun trail

#2 has no name, but its just past the Chief Joseph Trail, on the north side. This trail is about 10 miles long and ends up by Reno Lake.

#3 is right across from the Island Lake campground, about 1/2 past the Top Of The World General Store. It splits with the right going to FanTan Lake and the left going to Sawtooth Lake.

I got this info from another member here on JF. It might be in another thread even. He sent me pdfs of maps at the time but unfortunetaly I can't find them right now. But the descriptions above should give a good idea of where they are. If your looking for trails I would try these. The one I did in the Tetons was enjoyable but no challenge.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Very cool - I appreciate the info.
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
Very cool - I appreciate the info.
No problem the info came from someone else on the forum. Maybe he will chime in and give more updated info. I know there are some pictures of Lulu pass in the Montana thread, so a search on some of those names might reveal more info for you.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
rcsutton
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'll be in Glacier NP with Jeep 1st week in June looking for trails also. Any updates??:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.