Montana Jeepers - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Montana Jeep Forum > Montana Jeepers

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #121
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

dickhead snowplow drivers. my neighbor said i could use his snowblower tho. i'm gonna wait until the plow is coming close to my neighborhood, then put a big *** pile of snow, right in the middle of the damn road. maybe with a big rock in it.

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #122
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Bozeman here. I'm gonna be looking for some wheeling places when the snow melts, so I'll definitely check back in here.

Anyone else a student at MSU?
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #123
mtnxj
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Helena checking in. Glad to see some fellow Montana Jeepers here!

Here's some older pictures of my XJ. I've added quite a few mods since then.

Anyone wanting to wheel together, just PM me.

Mike
dsc00274.jpg   xj-mountain.jpg   myxj2.jpg  
Unread 01-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #124
wannabexj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So about two weeks ago some of us tried to go snow wheeling around here locally (bozeman) and no matter where we went everything was closed. Not sure if it was because of the avalanche danger or what the deal was but severly irritating. Anyway hope everyone had happy holidays.
Unread 01-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #125
peeweeXJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Do you mean locally as in Bozeman? Did you go into the Bridgers? There is always some good Forest Service trail action on the North end.

There is FS access near Bridger Bowl, across the road. It was open last year, up until spring, then reopened in the summer. I took my Mtn. Bike down it a lot.
Unread 01-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #126
RYANSTULC
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So where is all the good wheel'n in Montana? I ask because I'm from Rapid City South Dakota.
My job takes me all over the place. Today I was in Billings, and then headed south towards Cody, and ended up in Worland.
Looked like a lot of rock ledges and steep climbs. But the rock looks really unstable, and crumbly.

Anyhow, looks like there'd be a TON of rocks. Do you guys have an ORV park? Or do you run local trails that are approved by the Forest Service?

I'd love to load up the TJ and crawl some new terrain in Montana. Depending on (or course) which side of the state has the best wheel'n.
RYANSTULC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #127
wannabexj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

[QUOTE=peeweeXJ;6462417]Do you mean locally as in Bozeman? Did you go into the Bridgers? There is always some good Forest Service trail action on the North end.QUOTE]
Ya we tried exactly where your talking about, everything was closed. From everyone I talked to and know with conections said it was due to the high avalanche danger at the time.
Unread 02-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #128
cyclic17
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANSTULC View Post
So where is all the good wheel'n in Montana? I ask because I'm from Rapid City South Dakota.
My job takes me all over the place. Today I was in Billings, and then headed south towards Cody, and ended up in Worland.
Looked like a lot of rock ledges and steep climbs. But the rock looks really unstable, and crumbly.

Anyhow, looks like there'd be a TON of rocks. Do you guys have an ORV park? Or do you run local trails that are approved by the Forest Service?

I'd love to load up the TJ and crawl some new terrain in Montana. Depending on (or course) which side of the state has the best wheel'n.
We've got great wheelin' up here in the NW corner of the state, Kalispell area. The Blacktail/Wild Bill ORV area was recognized as one of BFGoodrich's Outstanding Trails for 2008.
*'81.5 CJ7, D300, T-5, 258ci, 4" BDS lift, 33 's on 15x10 Bajas, Narrowed Waggy D44 Front, Scout D44 rear w/ARB locker, Not-so-Painless Wiring Harness, Warn 8274, Borla Headers, MC2100 carb, Shrockworks sliders, KC's, Full cage

*RIP: '88 Comanche Chief, stock except for KC lights on rollbar and custom stereo.
cyclic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #129
rottenmontanans
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Nice to see so many Montanans here. Billings myself.
rottenmontanans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #130
KuRRu

I'm not montana but sheridan, wy (like 2 hours south of billings)... I'm trying to get groups together for runs up big horn mountains here and maybe some go to montana for some trail fun too. I really wanna go wheelin this spring / summer ALOT.
'95 YJ. Inline 6. 5-speed. Under 60k miles! 4'' Rubicon express lift. 1'' Body Lift. 33x12.5 Discover STT on Pro-Comp 15x8 wheels. Custom Fab Bed Lined Front Bumper. Bed lined floors. Quadratec's nifty floor matts ^_^
KuRRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #131
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuRRu View Post
I'm not montana but sheridan, wy (like 2 hours south of billings)... I'm trying to get groups together for runs up big horn mountains here and maybe some go to montana for some trail fun too. I really wanna go wheelin this spring / summer ALOT.
The wife and I stopped over night in Sheridan on our last road trip. It is a really nice place.

White Jeep Club Member #711
IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hippies are stupid.
irish_loveAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #132
peeweeXJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I was just in Sheridan at a interview with Decker Coal Company. Didn't get the job, but I wouldn't have minded to live in Sheridan.
I like the Bighorns. I have explored a bit of the area south of Buffalo. My favorite camping spot is at hole in the wall. West of Kaycee.
Unread 02-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #133
MTSkull
2001 XJ Cherokee 

In the Billings area there are some great trails in the Pryor Mountains and the Beartooth Mountains. All the Beartooth trails will be closed until the snow melts. Some Pryor trail can be accessed in the winter months, but are dependent on snow amounts. Both ranges offer great scenery. The Big Horn's is a great place to wheel, lot of awesome trails. This summer Jeep Jambore will be in Big Horns think in July.
MTSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #134
MT_Ranger
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Makoshika State Park in Glendive has some great trails in the badlands. I haven't been on the actual trails, but I have been all over the park with a fire truck.
MT_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #135
wannabexj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Glad to see everyone stopping in, how if everyones jeeps coming? Hopefully the cold hasnt been to hard on any of ya. Have a good one!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.