Montana Jeepers - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Montana Jeep Forum > Montana Jeepers

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #91
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

frickin trip was wicked. i'm uploading pix now, kelly got a few snaps too.

and my favorite...

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.

Last edited by 242much; 11-30-2008 at 11:27 AM..
242much is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #92
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

Yeah, it was a great day. I really enjoy seeing what stock Jeeps are capable of doing. After a long dedicated night at the bar Matt and I were the only ones to make it, and I barely made it. I haven't spent much time around JK's so it was pretty cool to check out Matt's rig.

I hope some more people from the forums can join us next time. Its a really beautiful area.

I'd like to go next weekend but our local ski area opens on sat. and I can't miss that. Maybe we can go the following week.

Here's a few of the pics I took.
'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

"Personally, I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making some more."

"Don't believe everything you think..."
ChewyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #93
wannabexj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice pics guys, glad you had a good time. Bummed I missed it but I had a productive weekend, I figured out how to get my stock flares onto my cut fenders. All in all I think they look decent, way better than the price of aftermarket.
Unread 11-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #94
Subie-Jeep
2014 MK Patriot 

looks like a great time.maybe one of these days i'll get to take the jeep on more than just a few nearby muddy roads.
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS w/ too much to list here
1994 Toyota 4Runner-I couldn't destroy it but the rust was making good progress-Traded in.
Subie-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #95
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome pics!!! Looks like a good time. Can't wait till I come home and hit a few trails.

White Jeep Club Member #711
IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hippies are stupid.
irish_loveAWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #96
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

what a fun day. i want to try it in the snow, but i don't think the tires under my jeep would get the job done. why do they put passenger car tires on new jeeps? i mean i don't expect 40" swampers or anything, but i mean a decent LT all terrain wouldn't kill em.

Unread 12-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #97
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242much View Post
what a fun day. i want to try it in the snow, but i don't think the tires under my jeep would get the job done. why do they put passenger car tires on new jeeps? i mean i don't expect 40" swampers or anything, but i mean a decent LT all terrain wouldn't kill em.

I'm thinking about doing those trails again on sat. or sun., depending on which day I have to work. Let me know if your interested in going. I think your tires will do fine unless we get a lot more snow.

I drove it yesterday with a little snow on the trail. It was a blast. Afterward I drove up to the fire lookout on Mt Marsten. Couldn't believe I made it up there in Dec. I brought the snow chains but didn't need them. There should be a lot more snow up there at this time of year. Here's a couple of pics.

Looking to the south from the summit

Following my tracks back down.
'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

"Personally, I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making some more."

Last edited by ChewyXJ; 12-05-2008 at 01:02 AM..
Unread 12-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #98
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

Red Meadow pass

I took off work early today to enjoy this sunny day. Drove up the NF Flathead where I encountered a large herd of elk. Then decided to see if I could drive over Red Meadow pass. To my amazement I made it with no problems. Really nice day followed by an incredible sunset.

Here's a few pics.

Must have been nearly 150 hundred elk in this herd.

Getting near the pass.

Sunset on the drive home.

'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

Unread 12-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #99
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

pic whore

Guess I just feel like being a pic whore tonight.

Here are some pics of the old fort steel road in snowy conditions.

A perfect winter day for me is fresh tracks on my snowboard in the morning and fresh tracks on the Jeep trails in the afternoon.

OK, I'm done being a pic whore for the night. My apologies to anybody on dial-up.
'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:56 AM   #100
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana xj View Post
I'm thinking about doing those trails again on sat. or sun., depending on which day I have to work. Let me know if your interested in going. I think your tires will do fine unless we get a lot more snow.

I drove it yesterday with a little snow on the trail. It was a blast. Afterward I drove up to the fire lookout on Mt Marsten. Couldn't believe I made it up there in Dec. I brought the snow chains but didn't need them. There should be a lot more snow up there at this time of year. Here's a couple of pics.

Looking to the south from the summit

Following my tracks back down.
That's awesome. My brother-in-law works for the FS and was posted up there a few times last summer. Went up to check it out. It was a nice drive in the summer.

White Jeep Club Member #711
IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hippies are stupid.
irish_loveAWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #101
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

holy crap kalispell was icy tonight. sweet jeebus. had so much fun in the college parking lot.

Unread 12-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #102
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

oh, and i'm down for sunday. got to get back for the gun show at the fairgrounds tho.

Unread 12-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #103
ActionJackson00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

man its Cold! -16
my jeep doesnt want to start. any idears?
i had some power from the battery... about 12V even when we were trying to Jump it, it didnt want to turn over more than a few times.

i had my block heater pluged in all night.
im not sure what to do while i wait for it to warm up any ideas?
ActionJackson00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #104
Subie-Jeep
2014 MK Patriot 

put a small electric space heater under the hood for a little bit?i've never done this but i was told it worked.
are you low on gas? if you leave it low all the moisture in the air in the tank can freeze up and block fuel.
put the battery inside on a trickle charger and let it warm up?

good luck.
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS w/ too much to list here
1994 Toyota 4Runner-I couldn't destroy it but the rust was making good progress-Traded in.
Subie-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #105
ActionJackson00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

yea i brought it in side... and need to talk my room mate in to taking me to buy a trickle charger.

plenty of gas. and ran great yesterday
im upset
ActionJackson00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.