Montana Jeepers - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Montana Jeep Forum > Montana Jeepers

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #811
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Alright; so I'm looking at dropping a few bucks on the girl this month. Currie steering, Tuff Designs rear tire carrier, or Currie Anti-rock. Any ideas?

1997 Wrangler 6cyl 5-spd; 4" short arm, 35X12.50's: White Jeep Club Member #95
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats"
wrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #812
RubiconMT
2012 JK Wrangler 

If anyone knows some cool spots in the Missoula area I would like to know... Must be low key because my Rubicon is stock until I get my tax refund back.
RubiconMT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #813
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

it's a rubi, no need for low key
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats"
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #814
missoulaLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ya your stock Rubi will probably out do my TJ! I don't know any good places but I don't work tomorrow and would be down to do some exploring and get stuck in the snow if you want to?
missoulaLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #815
RubiconMT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hmm- I don't know if you posted yesterday or today, the time stamps are all messed up on this. Friday the 8th wont work because I have family in town, and then next weekend I am out of town... Guuuuh suckyyyy

And I am more paranoid about dinging it. I have only put 1200 miles on mine and it's going to be a very, very, bad day when it gets scratched. I will need a Xanax and a bottle of wine to handle it.
RubiconMT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 01:42 AM   #816
missoulaLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ya sorry I should have put the date, I was referring to Fri the 8th, I have to work weekends but I usually have Thurs, Fri off. And a couple dings just give it a little character
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:53 AM   #817
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think it's pretty hard to ding 'em if you drive slow and carefully. With the 4:1 transfer case and front and rear lockers you can go pretty darn slow and that should keep ya pretty safe. I've wheeled mine harder than I should a few times and the only dings are from a fence I backed into and vandalism.
Unread 04-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #818
RubiconMT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Oops. Yeah after putting all my extra cash into buying the thing I don't have tons to spend on fixing broken things. It's my dd so gotta keep it running. I like that the normal things you would ding- front bumper seems most common- is impossible to really damage on the jeep. My last truck got a ding in the bumper from a rock and all I would see was that gash in the paint. Drove me crazy.
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #819
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

haha. My Heep is my dd and it's seen some wheeling. if you are worried about steering I'm looking at getting a currie upgrade with Savvy tie rod. It's spendy though, a cheaper alternative is the rugged ridge set up. then you can always have the stock equipment back at the house "just in case". With that 4:1 and both lockers though you can probably go slow enough to avoid 99% of trouble. "Slow as possible, fast as necessary".
Unread 04-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #820
RubiconMT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Good advice- thanks! Now hopefully I find some free time to test it out! And a place to test it...
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #821
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think the skyliners in Polson are pretty active, but I don't know any places up your way. I don't usually go out too much until I get my mudders on for the summer though. might want to check out some old forest service logging roads? I'll tell you this because I learned it the hard way: get self recovery gear or a buddy with another rig when ya go out.... two days of shoveling and hiking for 10 miles in the winter trying to find a house is not my idea of a great day jeeping
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #822
missoulaLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Wow two days of digging! Ya that doesn't sound like fun at all. Sweet pic btw, is that Going to the Sun Road? I think it would be fun to get some Jeepers together and do a few days in Glacier this summer
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #823
missoulaLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone in the Missoula area interested in a little meet and greet at Big Sky Brewery next Friday?
Unread 04-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #824
RubiconMT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Are we the only two in the Missoula area? That are on here at least?
Unread 04-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #825
tato1111
1995 ZJ 

Missoula man here. u probably have seen me rollin around.

<--Mods in profile
tato1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.