Montana Jeepers - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Montana Jeep Forum > Montana Jeepers

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #781
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm hoping to head down this summer. take some time off from work and hit up the rocks. I didn't have a chance to make it there last year and I'm pretty sure I'm going to start going through serious withdrawals if I don't make it this year.

1997 Wrangler 6cyl 5-spd; 4" short arm, 35X12.50's: White Jeep Club Member #95
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats"
wrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #782
Skyryder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

A few pics from last Sunday in Helena.
hogback-004.jpg   hogback-006.jpg   hogback-012.jpg   hogback-010.jpg   hogback-020.jpg  

Black Jeep Society #264
Skyryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #783
Skyryder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

and a few more, , ,

Black Jeep Society #264
Skyryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #784
Montanagirl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like a great time!
Montanagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #785
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

very cool.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats"
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #786
Montanagirl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Big Sky 4 Wheelers run to Gunsite Pass. That's Little Bitterroot Lake.
Unread 02-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #787
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

so jealous! looks great
Unread 02-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #788
LaddieHanus
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanagirl View Post

Big Sky 4 Wheelers run to Gunsite Pass. That's Little Bitterroot Lake.
Dont have my delorme book with me but is this west of Kalispell? Looks like fun.

Getting ready to buy a place in Thompson Falls. My wife lived in Missoula for a number of years and wants to move back. Will be up there part time for 3-4 years until I convince the boss I can work from home full time. So far I have only had my wifes XJ and WJ up there. Planning on parking the YJ up there once I have a place. Been only on Forest Services roads in the TF - Trout Creek - Noxon area and Nine Mile area so far.

Laddie Hanus
LaddieHanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #789
Montanagirl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, west of Kalispell, by Marion. You will have to come up and wheel Blacktail/Wild Bill this summer! It's one of BFG Outstanding Trails and our club has done some great work up there (as well as Skyliner Club from Polson). There are go-arounds so you don't have to get into every obstacle if you don't want to. Our website is a work in progress, but our newsletters are posted under the news tab if you want to see some of our adventures! We just had Snow Bash which was a day run up there . . . www.bigsky4wheelers.com
Unread 02-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #790
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have to come up and get my bigger tires this spring. Keep us posted and I'll try to time it to hit a trail with you guys!
Unread 03-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #791
LaddieHanus
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanagirl View Post
Yes, west of Kalispell, by Marion. You will have to come up and wheel Blacktail/Wild Bill this summer! It's one of BFG Outstanding Trails and our club has done some great work up there (as well as Skyliner Club from Polson). There are go-arounds so you don't have to get into every obstacle if you don't want to. Our website is a work in progress, but our newsletters are posted under the news tab if you want to see some of our adventures! We just had Snow Bash which was a day run up there . . . www.bigsky4wheelers.com
Thanks for the pointer to the newsletters. Never done 4 wheeling in the snow (unless one considers the dirt roads I drive daily) but those pictures look great. Both Wranglers are getting major repairs this summer and wheelin in the Grand Cherokee is not as much fun (it is my wifes DD) but I want to do those trails next year.

Laddie Hanus
LaddieHanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #792
tato1111
1995 ZJ 

Whats everyones take on the wild bill trail? Im planing on taking a weekend trip up there after the snow melts. Also how difficult is it? Would it be hard for someone on 31's to keep up?

<--Mods in profile
tato1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #793
Montanagirl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I run 31's and a stock TJ. I'm a novice driver so I use the go arounds a lot. It's a fun trail. Go to our website www.bigsky4wheelers.com and click under the news tab. There are some pictures within the newsletters, most of which are of the Wild Bill Trail.
Unread 03-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #794
tato1111
1995 ZJ 

Looks like fun. When would you say it would be snow free up there? or at least mostly snow free.

<--Mods in profile
tato1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #795
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

late in the season... I run 33"s front locker and 4" and I can run a lot of the material; most if I'm feeling macho. I use mud terrain tires too. Air those down and you do well in the snow even. if you have all terrain 31x10.50 with a ZJ I bet you'd have trouble with the top of the trail until june-ish. Laurie probably has a better idea though of snow melt up there. The club is awesome and the trail is great. Highly recommended.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.