Montana Jeepers - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Montana Jeep Forum > Montana Jeepers

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 12-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #751
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

My 33's do the same. I'm looking at the Xenon 6" flares from quadratec. you have anything picked out?

1997 Wrangler 6cyl 5-spd; 4" short arm, 35X12.50's: White Jeep Club Member #95
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats"
wrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #752
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I really like those Xenon flat fenders, but I've always had a soft spot for the Bushwacker Pocket style fender flares. I know most people on JF don't like (hate) them, but I just like the aggressive look of them. I would go with that TAG brand that can be found on eBay for half the price, and most say twice the quality.

Personally, what ever fenders you get, I think you should paint match them to keep that Sahara look. I love the white on white your Jeep has.

White Jeep Club Member #711
IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hippies are stupid.
irish_loveAWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #753
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would definitely do that; I'd be a fool to ruin the trim package. I think the Xenon come in white too. I've actually never been a huge fan of the pocket fenders, seems like a nightmare to keep clean. BUT..... if ya get some throw some photos up
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats"
Unread 12-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #754
MTSkull
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I can vouch for Bushwacker flares as they do their job. I did have one crack about 2 years after buying them. But 1 call to Bushwacker took care on it. They sent me a whole set of the newer textured set.
Unread 12-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #755
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't say they aren't good; though the general consensus seems to to be a little disapproving, but maybe thats just the jf community. I think I need some more work before I need to worry about fenders though. I'm thinking the new 37's will grenade half of my Jeep if I do more than drive slowly down main
Unread 12-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #756
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

37's eh?
Unread 12-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #757
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

why not.. but I am thinking I need to swap out about half my Jeep first. I've been looking at ways of beefing up the d30; but it seems like that axle isn't worth putting money into. But if i throw a d44 under there I lose my lockers... you can't salvage the lockers from a d30 to a d44 can you?
Unread 12-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #758
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nope, different carries. You need to find someone willing to pay you for your d30 and swap in a new axle. Best business i have found locally is DarkHorse Customs Scott is the owner and he is a awesome guy to talk to. If i have any questions i stop by, his shop is out in four corners and i guarantee he will lay out your options for you. Wither you want to do the work yourself or have him do it. He has a sick YJ on 40's with a LS1 in it so i trust him

But on a side note, why not just add a Body Lift and run 35's for a while? I think may even stick to 33's for another set of tires before i go bigger...
Unread 12-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #759
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just found some military surplus tires cheap and I figured it would be fun. it probably isn't going to happen for a while tough... I'd need new lockers for a d44, and i know i need to beef up the steering; than regear. it's probably a few years off yet. and more than a couple $$'s
Unread 01-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #760
MTSkull
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ha, I just wanted to be the first to post something in 2011. It must be a crappy winter in Montana cause not much going on! I still have my LJ for sale if you know anyone looking. $14,900.00
Unread 01-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #761
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

This winter has blown for me. A few days of good snow, then melt offs, ice, and cold. It snowed like crazy last week, now it's all mush. I was really hoping for a kick *** winter full of snow.

White Jeep Club Member #711
IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hippies are stupid.
irish_loveAWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #762
MTSkull
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I love the snow too. The streets around Billings are icy ruts. As bad as I have ever seen them. Hopefully we will get a warm up and get them melted.
Unread 01-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #763
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Somebody has to put some pics up for snowbash! so bummed I worked!
Unread 01-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #764
Montanagirl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Big Sky 4 Wheelers Snow Bash

We missed you! About 22-25 rigs. Trail was decent. The ones that went to the top of Blacktail said the snow was waist deep and not broken in. Lots of winching. Steve actually has video (I bear witness ) of his Suzuki pulling two jeeps out at once DOH! Glad it was yesterday - last night during dinner the wind started blowing and it's cold out there today! I'll post pics as soon as I have them.
Montanagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #765
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I'm hoping I can tag along next time and with some new toys! might be getting some larger tires and what-not

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.