Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Montana Jeepers

122K views 1K replies 110 participants last post by  Montaska 
#1 ·
Just wondering who else is in Montana:cheers2:

#370 · (Edited)
Dang; at this rate we can have a 5 Rig convoy set up with-in a week! By the way; are any of your guys familiar with the Bozeman Mountaineers?

#371 ·
I watch their forum, but have never meet up with them. Seems most of the runs they take are a little more serious than i wanted to get into. Remembering a snow run they were going to take and talking about needing 37's or larger to even come.... :shhh: But i'm sure there are some smaller guys in the club to... I didn't want to get in over my head seeing how my LJ is also my Daily Driver. Here's a link to their forum If you go to a meeting, it's possible i may tag along with you... I want to say they are the last thursday of every month at Mackinzie River pizza if i remember right. :cheers2:

EDIT: From their forum - The second Thursday of every month (except December) is our regular meeting time. Our next meeting is on Jan. 14th at 7:30 at McKenzie River in Belgrade. They have a meeting room behind the dining area.
Hope to see you there!

#372 ·
Thanks Garps
my TJ is my DD too, so maybe that isn't quite what I was looking for! I'm really new to off-roading and I don't have the money or the heart to ding up or break my Jeep. I think I like the idea of running some of the easier stuff, and in this weather I'd be a little nervous about going many places a snow plow wasn't first

#373 ·
Yeah, i dont like screwing my jeep up either... If you just want an easy drive (it's plowed) Head up hylite. Went up there and did some ice fishing yesterday (thursday). All the dirt roads are closed this time of year, but its nice up at the lake.

Subie- Any idea if the Little Bear roads are still open? This is my last weekend off on christmas break... Then i go to working every other weekend. ..

#374 · (Edited)
well i just checked my map and little bear closes at the 5 mile marker 12/31 and doesn't re-open untill 6/16 :thumbdown:.

i went up hylite last weekend just to drive around and it looked cool but all i got to drive on was packed snow :(

#379 ·
I'm looking for the same material in Bozeman and haven't found anything good yet. With the snow out though I'm sure I would drive past most trails without noticing them. If you find yourself headed this way and you're looking for a armature second rig I'm hoping to get off the asphalt

#382 ·
Benbow road has a great trail off of it. Pickett Pen road is in that area too. Most of these are forest service roads that any 2 wheel drive can go on. With winter the snow can make it more challenging. Some of the best wheeling can be found in th Pryor mountains. Lots of great trails there. I can post some pics if you want but it doesn't do it justice because the Pryors are beautiful!

#383 ·
wow,i normally get email notification if someone posts here but didn't get one till just now :thumbdown:

as far as the bozo area,i've looked at the forest service motor vehicle use map and almost every thing is closed a few miles in until may/june. it looks like the main road up flathead is still open but there is no markings on it, its just like a regular road :dunno:i may go take a look on sat.(unless its a blizzard) the only time i tried to go up there was about this time last year and i made it to the wooden sheep? corral thing and realized the tire tracks had stopped and it was only snowmobile tracks so i turned around.

#385 ·
I'd Be interested in heading up Saturday if you can deal with a new guy kickin' around in his toy. From what you say it sounds tame enough for even my skills

#386 ·
i'm still technically a new-ish guy so i wouldn't mind.we may end up just driving up and finding it impassable for one reason or another though.weather permitting i was planning on heading up right around noon-ish.i'm assuming you live in bozo so i think the gas station buy springhill/19th/frontage would be a good spot to meet up.

#387 ·
That'd be great; I was planning on driving up Hylite just to put a few miles on anyway so this would be a welcome change of scenery. I'll be there at noonish Saturday

#388 ·
Man, i bet flathead is snowy as hell right now. I dont know this but years past it has been hard to get up until april/may. I was going to head out to revenue flats outisde norris to cruise around saturday afternoon after i fix a busted shock. Maybe take a few guns, theres a ok place to shoot up there. It's nothing challenging but its a nice afternoon.

Brad, the revenue road also connect to the north/south meadow creek system and if time permits i may go check those out.

If anyone wants to head that way and kill some time i am down. It wont be anything to special just trying to get out of town for the afternoon, assuming i can fix the bushing in my rear shock saturday morning....:thumbsup:

#389 ·
Man, i bet flathead is snowy as hell right now. I dont know this but years past it has been hard to get up until april/may. I was going to head out to revenue flats outisde norris to cruise around saturday afternoon after i fix a busted shock. Maybe take a few guns, theres a ok place to shoot up there. It's nothing challenging but its a nice afternoon.

Brad, the revenue road also connect to the north/south meadow creek system and if time permits i may go check those out.

If anyone wants to head that way and kill some time i am down. It wont be anything to special just trying to get out of town for the afternoon, assuming i can fix the bushing in my rear shock saturday morning....:thumbsup:
wheeling&guns= :2thumbsup:

this sounds like a better idea,i'm down.:thumbsup:

how 'bout you wrangler97?

#392 ·
noon thirty? or did you need more time than that?

#393 ·
First post

Hey folks, wife and I both grew up in the Billings area... Of course she's in Georgia and I'm in Iraq so neither of us are back at home wheelin' anymore!

By the way, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum... Its because of yall I am able to do everything to my Heep, I certainly would not be able to do the things I do without it. I'll be giving my input on the forum more later on when I have better access to the web (And my rig), kinda funny that this is my first post! :laugh:

#395 ·
Hey folks, wife and I both grew up in the Billings area... Of course she's in Georgia and I'm in Iraq so neither of us are back at home wheelin' anymore!

By the way, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum... Its because of yall I am able to do everything to my Heep, I certainly would not be able to do the things I do without it. I'll be giving my input on the forum more later on when I have better access to the web (And my rig), kinda funny that this is my first post! :laugh:
well welcome to the forum :wave:

and thank you for what your doing over there :salute:

#394 ·
I just need a minute to run off campus and grab some fire power and ammo; but I don't think I'll have any time constraints.

#398 ·
Well good luck in the sand box and do us a favor and get back in one piece. Thanks for serving

#402 ·
I got some work that came up last minute; I'm gonna be busy starting at 1, so I won't make it. Hope you guys have a great time and let me know how bad the snow is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.