Great Falls/Helena Area Offroaders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Montana Jeep Forum > Great Falls/Helena Area Offroaders

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
mtrepoman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Great Falls/Helena Area Offroaders

Recently new to off roading, looking for people to ride with around the area. I've been out plenty on my own but looking to do some fun rides with other offroaders. Doesn't seem like there is any local Offroad clubs anymore in Great Falls.

mtrepoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
algmmech
1974 CJ5 

I used to live in Great Falls, there was a 4x4 club called the cascade 4 wheelers or something like it. They were part of the Montana 4x4 association. I hope this link works. M4x4A :: Montana 4x4 Association - Friendship and Unity I know you can access them from that site. I used to love the little belts, great place for wheeling. I must say I spent more time fishing Belt creek than wheeling. I sure miss the Sluice boxes.

Anyway. hope this helps. Keep us informed and include some pics of that area. I used to have some real cool pictures from Monument Peak. No hard to get to but a great view.

I'm a member of PETA.

People Eating Tasty Animals
algmmech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
hxc_kris
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im also in Great Falls, don't go out to the sluice boxes much but know of a few trails up there.
Theres two places in town that aren't that bad for a little bit of fun.
What do you drive?
hxc_kris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
mtrepoman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I drive a 98 TJ with a 3 inch lift, winch, 32 inch tires. I occasionally go out to the county trails by the fire fighter training area. I also go out to logging creek area. The cascade county offroaders don't seem to be active any more.
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
hxc_kris
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Theres a jeep right down the street from me that fits that, is yours blue?
hxc_kris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
mtrepoman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Its red/ tan top with 6 KC Lights (smiley faces).
Unread 07-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
RWolf406
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey ya'll, new here just bought a '99 XJ 4.0L and thought id look for some folks in my area to get advice, swap stories and just all round B.S. with.

" When life bites you in the a$$, pull yer hat down tight, grit yer teeth and bite it back!"
RWolf406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #8
Brando5185
2006 WK 

Just got notification I will be heading to GF in January. Coming down from Alaska with an 06 WK and 5.7 and QD2 and 2" lift.
Brando5185 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Helena has the Frontier 4Wheelers. A group of guys goes wheelin almost every weekend. Lots of jeeps, my 94 ZJ included.
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #10
mtnxj
1989 XJ Cherokee 

https://www.facebook.com/Frontier4Wheelers
Unread 10-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
MontanaTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great Falls area trails kinda close

Hey posts are a little old but im here in Great Falls to 06 tj white 4 in lift, i got to logging creek, kings hill, wolf creek is pretty fun to there is a road that goes to from wolf creek to the top of rodgers pass in the winter months its pretty fun as long as there isent a ton of snow blocking it creek crossing and all. Kings hill have alot of forest service roads to play on that go off into alot of fun stuff you could spend a day up there and not hit everything. If you go east of town out to gyser there are caves that are full of ice all year round very cool. In helena in the forest are some pretty ok spots to. I live out by the fire fighting tranning area to so if you see my jeep out here dont by shy stop and say hi its the 06 out here there is like a 95 out here to but thats not me. I have lived in great falls my whole life anyone got any questions just shoot me a pm.
MontanaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
mtnxj
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Frontier 4x4 club run this Saturday (Oct 6th). Going to Lava Mountain area. Meet at Murdoch's in Helena at 8:30, pulling out of the parking lot at 9am. Channel 4 on the CB.
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #13
mtnxj
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnxj View Post
Frontier 4x4 club run this Saturday (Oct 6th). Going to Lava Mountain area. Meet at Murdoch's in Helena at 8:30, pulling out of the parking lot at 9am. Channel 4 on the CB.
BTW, this run is open to anyone. No club membership required. We even let the Toyota guys tag along.
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
MontanaTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnxj View Post
BTW, this run is open to anyone. No club membership required. We even let the Toyota guys tag along.
Aww man if i wasent working it would be worth the drive from great falls, plz take lots of pics and post them lol thanks and have fun.
MontanaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #15
mtnxj
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Pics from yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0284228&type=1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.