Porter Lane OffRoad in Florence, Ms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Mississippi Jeep Forum > Porter Lane OffRoad in Florence, Ms

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
loganm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Porter Lane OffRoad in Florence, Ms

Does anybody know if this place is still active? I web to their site and it hasnt had any events in a while. I also emailed them with no reply. If anybody knows let me know!

loganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Coasttrash
2003 TJ Wrangler 

as far as I know you can still ride out there. Great place to go
SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #105

Zone 4.25 lift, smittybilt stinger, smittybilt winch, 33 bfg km2, savvy arms, TW Shaft, rampage frameless top
Coasttrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
loganm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

how long has it been since youve gone?
Unread 05-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I just look this park on youtube and it looks like an intense place to wheel. Once I get my rear axle swapped Im heading to Florence.
Unread 05-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
loganm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yea I haven't seen any videos yet just seen pictures. I think it's gonna be alot like Sicily in the way you don't have to have a well built rig to go everywhere... I hope there will be ways to go around what your not comfortable with. Cause I wanna bring my jeep club but most of us including me only have 3in of lift and 33s couple of 35s and one 37 with long arms. So we may try to go soon I need to watch some of those videos. Sid you happen to see when the most recent one was?
Unread 05-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
loganm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
I just look this park on youtube and it looks like an intense place to wheel. Once I get my rear axle swapped Im heading to Florence.
Oh and what kinda swap you looking to do? I plan on a ford 8.8 or 9 in rear and a HP30 or D44 up front.
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganm View Post
Oh and what kinda swap you looking to do? I plan on a ford 8.8 or 9 in rear and a HP30 or D44 up front.
8.8. Seems what everyone in the yj section does. I've been doing research on how to install them myself and it seems straight forward, but more than likely end up buying a boltin 8.8 from ECGS because of my lack of welding and somewhat fab skills.
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
loganm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yea I was gonna order from them too... I'm only 20 but I'm good about taking stuff apart and putting it back together. But I'm taking machining wielding and fabrication classes at school so maybe I'll learn some good stuff. What tire size are you wanting to run?
Unread 05-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yea I was gonna order from them too... I'm only 20 but I'm good about taking stuff apart and putting it back together. But I'm taking machining wielding and fabrication classes at school so maybe I'll learn some good stuff. What tire size are you wanting to run?
Im mechanically incline on repairing vehicles and putting suspensions on, but never learned to weld properly. I tried fabricating when I restored my old dodge dart, but in the end I just ended up finding the orig. parts and bolt them in.I have 33x12.50 r15 gy duratracs on mine now. Ive had them for over a yr and rotated them every 3k miles. they look fairly new still, but my jeep was mostly a DD pavement pounder up to this summer when I got my xj running again. When the duras wear down. I want to run at most a 35" tire. With the 8.8 swap I'll regear it to maybe 4.56 since I have a 3sp auto to the 4.0. Ive did another search on youtube about the park and there was a vid posted 3months ago with a modded toyota pickup trying to climb one of the hills. It had a MS tag on it so it has to be the real deal. Apparently the park is still opened.
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
loganm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Okay I'll have to check that out too, I have duratracs as well and they have held up very well, one guy in our club has 37 MTRs and I stud up to him surprisingly well. In the future for me I want 8.8 and HP30 or D44. I want a AEV BL and by then maybe I can fab up my own TT. The 5.5in rock krawler flat fender and 37s with 4.88.

But that in the distant future maybe 3-5 years. But want I wanna do now is buy 4in springs and flat fenders with 35s. And other necessary components.

Are you in any club? Is there any parks or good places to ride up there?
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Your build sounds like a great platform. In the delta area there is at the same time though no. I say that because in Greenville where I live we have a area called the barpits on the otherside of levee. My buddies and I rode 4wheelers there all the time and there was a good bit of trucks getting stuck down there in some deep mudholes. Fun place, but I think its private land and if caught can get into some serious trouble. For clubs no Im not in one. I don't really have much jeep buddies most of my friends tend to lean toward the trucks with m/ts. Some of my friends to this day wished I wouldve gotten a truck over a jeep and I say screw that. I did however went to showfest a couple of weeks ago and met the midsouth jeep crew. They were cool and we talked jeeps. I want to join some club ex. "midsouth jeep" then I can be in a Jeep group and find some actual land to wheel at without getting into trouble by the law.
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
loganm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yea I don't know if you ever been to Hattiesburg but it's like dead center between Midsouth and SMJC which is on the coast. So I waited about a year for someone to start a jeep club and no one did. So I finally started one about two months ago. We had 11 jeeps come to our first trail ride 3 weeks ago. It was so awesome, alot of fun. We are also looking for more places to ride thats why I was asking about porter lane. We have a power line in our back yard pretty much where we have been twice an it's alot of fun but like you said alot of places to get stuck in mud be we usually go around. Lot of climbing. I know it's a long drive but if you ever want to come down one weekend let me know and I'll get the club out. If you have a FB page like us. There's two Pine Belt Jeep Clubs and I didn't know there was an older one but make sure u like the right one. I think the other says "join" our says "like"!
Unread 05-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
Coasttrash
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Its been since September or so. Places to ride around here Porter Lane Offroad, Boggs and Boulders, and Sicily Island.

Quote:
how long has it been since youve gone?

Zone 4.25 lift, smittybilt stinger, smittybilt winch, 33 bfg km2, savvy arms, TW Shaft, rampage frameless top
Unread 05-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
loganm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I know of Sicily where is Boggs and boulders?
Unread 06-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
Coasttrash
2003 TJ Wrangler 

here ya go, I think its like 3 to 4 hours away from hattie not sure though

http://www.boggsandboulders.com/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.