Moving to Meridian - looking for a club/wheeling parks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Mississippi Jeep Forum > Moving to Meridian - looking for a club/wheeling parks

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Dashash
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Moving to Meridian - looking for a club/wheeling parks

Hi all, I'll be moving to Meridian, MS soon and was curious what there is locally in terms of parks or clubs. Anyone from the area care to enlighten me? Thanks!

Dashash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
nreece0
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Dashash, I live in Newton, about 30 miles west of Meridian. There are several state parks around, but not many clubs. That I'm aware of at least. But we mostly ride our jeeps on backroads and dirt roads in the area. And sometimes cruise through some trails on a state park. Hope this is helpful. And I can give you a few park names if you wanna research 'em.
nreece0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Dashash
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Hi nreece0, I'm sorry I'm getting back to you so late. I would absolutely love the names of those parks if you have them! I've been romping around on the back roads as well. Looking for something else now, though! Thanks again.
Unread 07-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
nreece0
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There's Bienville National Forest in Forest, it's about, say, 50 miles west of Meridian, about 20 west where I am. They claim to have some good logging roads. We were told as long as it isn't gated up and locked, you could ride on it. We bought a map from there, it has the whole forest on it with all the roads. We (me and my wife + her parents) are getting ready to go on a ride out there. There's Marathon Lake in Smith County, it has a lot of good roads around it. And there is Roosevelt State Park in Morton. Located about 15(ish) miles west of Forest. That's really about it. We generally just ride dirt and county roads, and some creek landing roads that aren't technically 'roads', but trails I guess. We should meet up and ride sometime.
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
Dashash
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info! I would love to meet up and explore. Did you have a specific date in mind?
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
nreece0
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Not really, just whenever I guess. We're usually pretty open, so whenever you feel like it, throw a date out there and we can all see!
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
Dashash
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Aug. 11/12 weekend? I'm doing the "Easy Ride" with the Central Mississippi Jeep Club http://www.cmsja.org/smf/trail-rides...-aug-4th-2012/ which is on Aug 4. Just an idea.
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
nreece0
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Will check on it. I joined the CMSJA, but haven't been on in a while. So I haven't heard about Aug 4th, but the 11/12 should be fine! But, will have to check with the wife.
Unread 08-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #9
nreece0
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man, sorry to be so late getting back, but the 11th/12th weekend for us is unavailable. We can get together again though to find a date.
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
jmspradl
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Dash, I just moved away from Meridian, spent about 5 years there. There isn't much around Meridian, and no clubs that I know of. CMSJA is you best bet, even though most members are in the Jackson metro area.
jmspradl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
TARZAN

If you're in the middle, MS area, check out www.torqueaddicts.net It's a general auto enthusiast site, with quite a few off roaders

-Will
90 Fobody
TARZAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.