Weekly meet in Huntsville? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Weekly meet in Huntsville?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTruc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #46
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I'm probably not going to be there. Trying to not go out at all for the next couple weeks since May is going to be a really expensive month for me. Post up if you guys do anything else afterwards.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #47
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Damn. Everybody's busy. Daniel and Chris aren't going. I hope SouthrnTJ and his buddy don't randomly show up, cause nobody will be there.

I will make sure I'm there next week.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #48
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Great, I join this forum and have jeeps for several years, and I am a buddy of someone who has driven a jeep like three times since he's had it. I feel like one of those jeep owners who lifted their jeep you see driving down the road who have no idea what offroading feels like. Time to deliver the mail!
Thanks guys, Maybe I'll go eat dinner by myself!

Thanks kyle! (SuthrnTJ)

Btw, I'm all about some e-sarcasm.

Now I enlist your help. SuthrnTJ won't take his jeep to stoney lonesome this weekend! ATTACK!
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #49
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Great, I join this forum and have jeeps for several years, and I am a buddy of someone who has driven a jeep like three times since he's had it. I feel like one of those jeep owners who lifted their jeep you see driving down the road who have no idea what offroading feels like. Time to deliver the mail!
Thanks guys, Maybe I'll go eat dinner by myself!

Thanks kyle! (SuthrnTJ)

Btw, I'm all about some e-sarcasm.

Now I enlist your help. SuthrnTJ won't take his jeep to stoney lonesome this weekend! ATTACK!
You didn't show up did you? Cause I'd feel terrible if someone actually showed up and it was only like 2 people there...

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #50
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
, I'm all about some e-sarcasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
You didn't show up did you? Cause I'd feel terrible if someone actually showed up and it was only like 2 people there...
Yep, showed up to the undisclosed location and ate by myself!

on a serous note, who's down for stoney lonesome this weekend? I'm going and so is SuthrnTaco(TJ) in his Taco and one of our tacoma guys.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #51
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was planning on taking some new offroaders to SLOHV next weekend (4/28), but they have some events planned and will be closing the park early.

What I love about SLOHV is that, for me, it isn't about seeing how crazy I can do things, but enjoy time away from things and have a good time. I don't want just trail rides, but I don't want to be going through 4' deep mud holes and rolling upside down over rocks. SLOHV does have some technical trails where it isn't overly challenging, it requires some precise driving or you can end up upside down.

People may rag about SLOHV being easy, but it is a great place for beginners and for those who are what I'd consider mild to moderate wheelers because it has enough challenge as far as mud, hills/off-camber, and rocks that you can learn what your rig can do without being too bad. If you want a more extreme offroad experience, Morris Mountain or Greyrock would be better choices.

Though I'm sure some of the TJ's and JK's at the 2010 Jamboree may disagree.

Even when I wheeled with undercoverfab last summer, we had some fun times going up some of the hills (after we removed downed trees to do it)! Sometimes, you just gotta know which trails to take.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.