Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Weekly meet in Huntsville?

5K views 50 replies 9 participants last post by  erickpl 
#1 ·
So I know there's RCRC meetings the first Thursday of every month but I think it'd be good if we could meet once a week at around 6. I'm not sure if there's already something like this set up or not. Any ideas are appreciated. :cheers2:

#19 ·
Speaking for me now... I see how it is!

I'm still planning on being there. I'll be in the lifted khaki WK with the JF sticker on the back.
I won't be able to make it to this one but maybe later.. I'll be in my Taco sometimes though.. :D

BUT.. I will be just up the road from you guys at 6:30 at Moe's bbq!!! So if you drive by there look for my Volcano Taco! :cheers2:

#15 ·
I'd say get one for the rear first (don't know your info though). I feel like a rear locker would be a bigger benefit over a front if you were only to have one locker in your rig.

And honestly, take what you hear people say about a locker in a DD with a grain of salt. I concerned about it until I actually got one. It's not that bad. You just have to change your driving habit a bit and listen to a little bit more noise.

#16 ·
According to what I've read, if you have a D35, a lunchbox in the rear is a nightmare waiting to happen unless you have a Super35 kit. If I was going to "lock" a D35, I'd put a Tru Trac in it and put a Spartan up front.

Do y'all want to meet tomorrow, 6pm, at Buffalo Wild Wings in Jones Valley?

#17 ·
According to what I've read, if you have a D35, a lunchbox in the rear is a nightmare waiting to happen unless you have a Super35 kit. If I was going to "lock" a D35, I'd put a Tru Trac in it and put a Spartan up front.
I had a TrueTrac in my D35 before I swapped to my D44a and loved it. It was completely invisible and "locked up" nicely on the trail until one tire was off the ground.

Do y'all want to meet tomorrow, 6pm, at Buffalo Wild Wings in Jones Valley?
I'm still planning on being there. I'll be in the lifted khaki WK with the JF sticker on the back.

#22 ·
I got a message today from Rocket City Rock Crawlers about a meet this Thursday at Newks on University:

"We've got a meeting this Thursday at Newk's on University. Meeting is at 7:00. A lot of folks start getting there at around 6:00 and eat before the meeting.

Family focused. We've got everything from stock to wild. Jeeps, Toyotas, Broncos, Scouts, ... Old to right off the show room floor. Teenagers to old farts like me.

Give us a look."

We should all show up to this.. I'll probably bring the Yota since it is the closest to being completed..

#30 ·
Maybe SuthrnTJ is, I'm sure he'll chime in since he was the one who got the PM. I checked out their site and it seems like you have to apply for membership. It seems pretty serious for what it is, but I probably don't know what all is involved. Maybe we can get some more info from someone on here. I'd be down to hang out with a bunch of fellow wheelers.

#32 ·
Ill chime in about the RCRC meetings. Ill be there tomorrow night, haven't decided about dinner or not. I joined them back in November, and have enjoyed going to the meetings. We cover some club business, talk about recent rides we went on, and rides coming up, and then other things like if we are having a CASA wheelchair ramp day, or some members talked about their trip to KOH. All in all well worth it. We usually have a ride of some sort each month, sometimes more then 2 or 3 times.

Heres a picture of my TJ.

#35 ·
RCRC Meeting

Meeting was good. Talked about some club business, past rides, rides coming up, the normal. A professor from A and M came and talked about their Biofuel program that they are working on. Pretty interesting. I mentioned about me and a few friends going up to Hale on this friday the 13th, no interest in it so far. Anyone is welcome, just PM me if you are interested.

#36 ·
I've been to a meeting or two, but it has been a while since I went. I've wheeled with them, but again, not recently.

I know of a few spots they will go and wheel real close, but I am not sure how often they still use those places... But now that my TJ is actually running again with a good battery, I'm ready to do some playing when I'm not working on my coworker's Rubicon that's being built up a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.