South AL Jeeps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > South AL Jeeps

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Currie RockJock Products!!

Unread 03-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
Schroed
2004 TJ Wrangler 

South AL Jeeps

I started a regional forum like this on MY350Z and it was a great place for all of the members in the south to meet up, sell parts, share tips of areas to ride, etc... Hopefully this will blow up like the one on MY350Z.

Well here is my introduction. I'm a junior at the University of South Alabama, and just got my TJ two months ago. I've been thinking about joining the Mobile Jeep Club, so if anyone is a member on here I would like to hear a little more about it. Here are a few pictures of my Jeep.

Schroed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
RubaDub06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to see you got a jeep. I talked to you a while back, when you were looking. I'm from Mobile, but I'm living in Jackson, Ms right. The jeep club is a good group of guys, and you should go to their next meeting. They meet the first Thursday of every month at the library in Springhill.

Wish I was still in Mobile.
Unread 03-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
RTStork
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm 20mins away. Just added some upgrades to the Jeep but with work and 2 toddlers, my free time has been low.
Unread 03-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
duanewhatley
1999 WJ 

Across the bay in Loxley!
duanewhatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
Schroed
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Is there any good spots to ride across the bay?
Schroed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
Jeepillac
2006 TJ Wrangler 

From Mobile here
Jeepillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
vetteman9368
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Daphne, AL here and picking up a YJ either tomorrow or tuesday. Will definitely have to check out the club
vetteman9368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #8
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

in Mobile, Dauphin Island most of the time. the ZJ will be ready to roll as soon as i change my oil pressure sending unit. Mobile jeep club is not all its cracked up to be, i know several people that were in it and its mostly mallcrawlers. you should check out Lock It Up Off Road. i think its lockitupoffroad.net

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 03:06 AM   #9
RubaDub06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^^^What do you mean it's not all it's cracked up to be? They don't throw huge parties, but they do put together about one ride a month. Also, I don't know about them being all mall crawlers. There are some pretty serious rigs in the group.
Unread 08-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

i didnt say all of them were but the 4 meetings i tagged along too there were alot of em but yea theres some serious rigs though. i went with a friend on 2 trips and they were ok but everyone says that the Mobile jeep club is the best off road group to be in but i dont like evrybody's attitudes there. the guys with wranglers disrespect the guys with GC's and XJ's and vice versa. my friend has a sammy and they nonstop trashed him about it.

Unread 08-18-2010, 01:46 AM   #11
RubaDub06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Everybody gives everybody a hard time when riding. I don't know if they are the best, but just the most well-known club around. It is the only one I knew about in Mobile before you posted a link to a different one. I'm not in the club, and don't really care, but to tell someone it's not worth their time is a little low.
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

i didnt tell anybody its not worth their time, just that its not as awseome as people think it is. i'm sorry if it sounded different. on a side note, are there any good places to wheel around mobile? i know of 2 but they arent that great

Unread 08-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #13
RubaDub06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No big deal, I just didn't want somebody to not at least check them out. As far as places to ride, I believe I saw you live in Semmes and there is a place on the Escatawpa that looked like a good ride. I have only been there once and it was dark, so I didn't venture to far by myself. I know how to get there, but I can't really tell you how to get there. I took 98 almost to Ms and took a left on County Rd 7, it has an actual name but google earth says Co Rd 7. After that, it was several miles till you get to a bridge, you turn off of the road right after the bridge.

There is the city water property on Schillingers, but it is illegal.

There are trails in Tillman's Corner, that used to be great, but the Hillcrest extension took out a lot of trails.

There are trails in Theodore that is accessible near Theodore High School.

Most people know these places, but if you don't I can give you some directions.
Unread 08-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #14
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubaDub06 View Post
No big deal, I just didn't want somebody to not at least check them out. As far as places to ride, I believe I saw you live in Semmes and there is a place on the Escatawpa that looked like a good ride. I have only been there once and it was dark, so I didn't venture to far by myself. I know how to get there, but I can't really tell you how to get there. I took 98 almost to Ms and took a left on County Rd 7, it has an actual name but google earth says Co Rd 7. After that, it was several miles till you get to a bridge, you turn off of the road right after the bridge.

There is the city water property on Schillingers, but it is illegal.

There are trails in Tillman's Corner, that used to be great, but the Hillcrest extension took out a lot of trails.

There are trails in Theodore that is accessible near Theodore High School.

Most people know these places, but if you don't I can give you some directions.
now are these mudding places or actual trails cause if i want to get muddy i can go to my other property but i want some real trails with some decent rocks or hills or something

Unread 08-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
RubaDub06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Actual trails, there are some places to get muddy if you want though. I'm not a mud fan, so I stay away from it as much as possible. The pic in my avatar was at the trails in Tillman's Corner.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.