Please recommend Huntsville restoration shop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Please recommend Huntsville restoration shop

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Mark_83CJ7

Please recommend Huntsville restoration shop

I own an 83 Jeep CJ7 that is in need of a frame-off restoration. I restored it once when I was a teen, and would love to do it again, but career and family consume all of my time. I've sadly come to the conclusion that I have to pay somebody else to do the bulk of the work, and am looking for a good shop that knows a thing or two about Jeeps.

My company is transferring me to Huntsville next month, so I am new to the area and don't know the local shops. But I would really like to get going on the repairs quickly. Could anyone recommend a good shop(s) within a 3 hour drive of Huntsville, that have a great reputation for Jeep restoration?

Thanks for your help.

Mark_83CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Don't know about just Jeep shops, but here are a few I pulled up on Google.

M&M Restoration - (205) 893-5183
22584 Highway 5, Lynn, AL 35575

Knoxville, it a bit of a drive, but they look pretty legit.

http://griffeyshotrods.com/

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
swill72
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nathan Schmidt (Custom Fab) in Decatur builds rock crawlers, buggies....you name it he does it. He did my frame on my YJ and any other weld work I have needed, about to do the frame on my friends YJ this week. Anyways, Decatur is 30 minutes or less from Huntsville, depending on where you live. Give him a call and tell him Scott sent you......he really knows his stuff.

(256) 353-3803
swill72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Any idea about what he'd charge for a cage build?
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
swill72
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It depends on what you want in your cage......you could call him and ask or go by there and talk with him. I do not know what his prices are compared to others, but I run on a very tight budget and he is well within my price range and the work he does is amazing. He knows his stuff.......I go to him for everything I am doing.....just to get direction and what I can't do.....I get him to do.
swill72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.