New(?) ORP in souht Alabama - Boggs & Boulders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > New(?) ORP in souht Alabama - Boggs & Boulders

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

New(?) ORP in souht Alabama - Boggs & Boulders

Thanks to erickpl for posting this link. It was in the General Discussion so I though I'd make a thread about it in the SE section. The place is called Boggs & Boulders. It's located in Brooklyn, AL... yeah Brooklyn. Who knew there was a Brooklyn, AL?

http://boggsandboulders.com/html/about.html

It says it's 850 acres and looks like they have a wide variety of things to do. Mud, rocks, trails, small hills, etc.

If anyone's interested in checking it out let me know.

(If any admin would like to fix my typo in the title, I'd appreciate it.)

Unread 05-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
RubaDub06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for posting the link. We need more places to ride around here. There is supposed to be one opening here in Mobile but, I haven't heard anything about it lately.
RubaDub06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I emailed these guys yesterday to find out if they were going to be open this weekend, but haven't heard back.
Unread 05-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This is wierd. While I was out running an errand just a few minutes ago I saw a truck sitting at the stop light I was pulling up to. It had advertising on the back and sides and I looked over to see what it said... it was the owner of Boggs & Boulders! I'm about 2 1/2 hours from this place and these guys just happen to be in town at the exact same time I was out on the road.

Any way, he said they had a pretty good turn out last weekend and expect even more this weekend. Here's a flyer he gave me. I plan on going Saturday morning to check it out. Not sure how much I'll get into since I've never been to one of these parks before.

Unread 05-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
RubaDub06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's awesome! Make sure you post your thoughts on the park when you get back. Wish I could come but, my g/f is graduating college and I do want her to still speak to me after this weekend.
Unread 05-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

OK. So I went to Boggs & Boulders Saturday. Got there around 10 and there was almost no one there. I'm guessing because of Mother's Day weekend. There were only a few ATV's running around. I honestly don't think I can give a good critique of the place because it's the first ORV park I've ever been to and technically it's not finished. The problem with that is the trails aren't marked yet. He said they should be done by next weekend. Anyway, that made it very confusing as many of the trails are connected in several places. At times it was like a maze. Which could be fun if you like mazes. LOL

They've put a LOT of work into the place. The majority of the park (850 acres, I think) is trails cut through the woods w/o a lot of obstacles; and sometimes none at all. The trails are very narrow. Obviously made w/ ATV's in mind. However, there was only one time though I couldn't go down a trail because it was two narrow. And I only had to fold in my mirrors twice. JK's and full size trucks... good luck.

There was a small sand pit that would've been a lot of fun if I knew what I was doing or another Jeeper there. The "boulders", the mud bog, and the slick hill with a mud pit leading to it were only for more advanced rigs. I wouldn't even consider them on my little Rubicon.

My overall impression is it looks like it's going to be dominated by ATV's, which is annoying because they rode around like they owned the place. Even had one give me a disgusted look when they had to back up out of the way to let me through on a trail. It just didn't seem like a Jeep was welcome there.

I might go back one day when the weather's cooler and I have someone to go with so if anyone’s interested, let me know. To be honest though, I'm in no hurry to go back.

Last edited by Jason D; 12-18-2009 at 06:48 PM..
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
RubaDub06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully it is a work in progress and will continue to get better. I have heard that they have trails than can only be accomplished by some serious rigs or trails that a saturn wouldn't have any problems with.
Unread 05-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The only places I saw that needed a serious rig were the slick hill and the "boulder" area. Didn't see any trails I couldn't go on with my limited mods.
Unread 07-18-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
yjeep92
1995 YJ Wrangler 

jason, i've been there a couple times recently and had a blast. you need to give it another shot i think.
yjeep92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #10
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The pic gallery on their website shows nothing but mud pits. I don't think I'll be driving all the way down there for some mudbogging.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjeep92 View Post
jason, i've been there a couple times recently and had a blast. you need to give it another shot i think.
How about some more details. What parts did you like? Was it over run w/ quads? I'd love to go back again. I'm sure it'd be much better with the trails marked. Let me know when you plan on going and I'll meet you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebout View Post
The pic gallery on their website shows nothing but mud pits. I don't think I'll be driving all the way down there for some mudbogging.
Yeah, I don't mind a little mud and getting dirty, but mudbogging isn't what I'm looking for. Especially the black gunk in that area of the state. It really sticks to the Jeep.
Unread 12-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #12
cgradd59
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i know this post is a little old but if anyone would like to go around december? idk if itll be open
cgradd59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It as open Thanksgiving weekend. When were you thinking about going?
Unread 12-05-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
cgradd59
2001 TJ Wrangler 

either the 19th or the 2nd
cgradd59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #15
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I don't see a scedule on their website. Might have to call them. Also, amyone under 19 has to have a signed waiver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.