New off road shop in north alabama - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > New off road shop in north alabama

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

New off road shop in north alabama

I am looking to start my own off road shop here in north Alabama. I am planning on having the shop where kits can be installed along with other work and also having a show room for parts where the DIY person can come in and get parts with out having to order them online.
I will specialize in everything from jeeps,Toyotas, dodge and Chevrolet and everything I between.
I do not want to run anyone out of business like rocket city but give more options to people.
What do y'all think of this idea

Armycherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
kennyao30

What area are you planning on opening at? Sounds like a great idea, I wish we had more off road shops that were knowledgeable in toyotas and jeeps around here.
kennyao30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I have two ideal locations one would be in the Athens area or the new market area somewhere off Winchester road
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
JDeanMurray
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Are you an experienced fabricator?
As far as stepping on toes...I say do your thing. It's America, competition is healthy.
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeanMurray
Are you an experienced fabricator?
As far as stepping on toes...I say do your thing. It's America, competition is healthy.
Yes I am pretty handy with a Tig welder and I am mig certified and I am ase certified in steering and suspension and engines
Unread 01-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
JDeanMurray
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armycherokee View Post
Yes I am pretty handy with a Tig welder and I am mig certified and I am ase certified in steering and suspension and engines
Very nice! Well I hope everything works out for you. I'm just north of Birmingham in Gardendale. If there's anything you need down here, let me know.

Good Luck!!
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
AlabamaSlamma
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hope it's Athens

Hey best of luck to you. It would be nice to see something like that on this side of I-65. If your prices are competitive with what we can mail order for, I think it would be great. I would much rather give my money to a local merchant than some other state. At the same time, I work hard for my money and have to make it go as far as I can. Once again. best of luck in your endeavours.
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like a good idea. I suggest Winchester road area or out on 72 towards Paint Rock Valley. That way you are close to Hollytree ORV and Hale Mtn. I would love to see your work, and maybe have you do some for me.
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.