New to 4x4 in Bham - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > New to 4x4 in Bham

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
jrayzhunter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

New to 4x4 in Bham

Ive been doing the rc trucks for almost a year now and decided to graduate to the big boy toys. So I bought a 95 jeep wrangler. All the specs I have are on my profile.

I'm looking for places to start out that are easy like mostly Mudding and small climbs. It needs better shocks and suspension I think before I take on bigger trails plus I need the experience.

Any help is appreciated!

Unread 02-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
rocky_lange
2001 WJ 

Check out C.A.O.S. They are a club that does ride once a month. Rides are all over central AL. I am planning on joining when I get a few mods done on my Grand Cherokee. Membership is like $75 / year and you have to attend at least 1 (maybe 2) work days per year at the club land down near Auburn I think. They seem like a friendly sort and seem like they would be willing to help noobs learn how to off road. My contact says they do some tech days/swap meet events too.
rocky_lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
jpony645
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, check us out at www.caos4x4.com. We have 1 club ride, 1 work day and 1 meeting each month. Our March meeting will be the 19th at Jim N Nick's BBQ in Gardendale. Our work day will be March 10th at Stoney Lonesome and we will have our club ride the following day (March 11th). If you're interested in joining, come on out to any of those and meet us. Stock or not, we welcome everyone.

Josh Wilson
2012 PR Director
Central Alabama Offroad Society
jpony645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
jrayzhunter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpony645 View Post
Yep, check us out at www.caos4x4.com. We have 1 club ride, 1 work day and 1 meeting each month. Our March meeting will be the 19th at Jim N Nick's BBQ in Gardendale. Our work day will be March 10th at Stoney Lonesome and we will have our club ride the following day (March 11th). If you're interested in joining, come on out to any of those and meet us. Stock or not, we welcome everyone.

Josh Wilson
2012 PR Director
Central Alabama Offroad Society
I really want to join but I work M-Sat with Sunday being my only day off. It wouldn't be fair for me to be at the club rides but not help out on the work days. Hopefully in the future here soon I won't be working 6 days a week and can join up!
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
rocky_lange
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrayzhunter View Post
I really want to join but I work M-Sat with Sunday being my only day off. It wouldn't be fair for me to be at the club rides but not help out on the work days. Hopefully in the future here soon I won't be working 6 days a week and can join up!
Don't fret. They rotate ride days and work days so some months they will fall on Sunday. You can also pay a fee for a missed workday if I read the website correctly.
rocky_lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
jpony645
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky_lange View Post
Don't fret. They rotate ride days and work days so some months they will fall on Sunday. You can also pay a fee for a missed workday if I read the website correctly.
This is correct. Not all workdays are on Saturday and not all club rides are on Sunday. We switch them up because alot of people DO work on Saturdays.

If you can't/don't want to make the workdays then it's $25 for each one missed ($50 max for your 2 required days).

We have a great group of people. Come check us out sometime.
jpony645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
c.d.
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You guys come on up to Stony Sat. or Sunday, ride around and share some stories and get to know
everyone...well get to know those that show up.......lol. I'll be there Sat. have to head home Sat nite.
If you can't make the work day or the ride, come on out to the club meeting at Jim and Nicks in Gardendale
on the 19th at 6/ 6:30.

Stony website.

http://www.stonylonesomeohv.us/directions.htm
c.d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
jrayzhunter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I wish I could be there but jeep is out of commission until I get this inspection cover back on so I don't mess up my flywheel or clutch. Just found the discontinued part on ebay today so won't be in for about a week or two. I'll keep tabs on the group and see if I can make it soon.

thanks for the invites!
Unread 03-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
c.d.
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Rocky, did you make it up Sunday,?
c.d. is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.