Looking for trails! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Looking for trails!

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 09-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
JK_Altitude
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looking for trails!

I live in Tuscaloosa during the school year and live in Birmingham when not a student. Anybody know of some great, moderate, trails in these ares? I got a pretty much stock JK altitude except for a 2.5in lift. Thanks!

JK_Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
kennyao30

Look up the UAORC. It's an off road group connected to the university, They know a ton of trails and go wheeling a lot.
kennyao30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
JK_Altitude
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyao30
Look up the UAORC. It's an off road group connected to the university, They know a ton of trails and go wheeling a lot.
Haven't had much luck finding the group. Got any ideas or know people I can contact? Thanks a lot
Unread 09-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
kennyao30

This is the groups face book page, the president of the clubs name is mitchel

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/113924985327590/
Unread 09-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
JK_Altitude
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just messages Mitchell. Thank you. Are you a member of the club?
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
kennyao30

Ya I am, just sent you a pm
Unread 09-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
HollytreePark

Hollytree Off-Road Park is located in Hollytree ,AL. We would love to have you come ride at our park. We opened July 7, 2012 and need riders input on the type of trails we need to add. We have easy, medium and hard trails. We also have tons of rock crawler trails. Visit us on facebook at ttp://www.facebook.com/HollytreeOffroad.
HollytreePark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
JK_Altitude
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollytreePark
Hollytree Off-Road Park is located in Hollytree ,AL. We would love to have you come ride at our park. We opened July 7, 2012 and need riders input on the type of trails we need to add. We have easy, medium and hard trails. We also have tons of rock crawler trails. Visit us on facebook at ttp://www.facebook.com/HollytreeOffroad.
How far a drive is hollytree from Tuscaloosa?
Unread 10-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
HollytreePark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Altitude View Post
How far a drive is hollytree from Tuscaloosa?
We are located 20 miles east of Huntsville so about 3 hr drive. We would love to have your group come camp out for the weekend.
Unread 10-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
JK_Altitude
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollytreePark

We are located 20 miles east of Huntsville so about 3 hr drive. We would love to have your group come camp out for the weekend.
Sounds great actually. I may be able to come this weekend since it UA's fall break. I am trying to find something to do from Wednesday to Sunday and this may be it. Thanks!
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
HollytreePark

We look forward to you visiting. Should be an awesome weekend!
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #12
swill72
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You can go to GCR tire in Tuscaloosa, up the road from Kmart (Tuscaloosa Kmart) on old bhm highway (I think that is what the road is called). Ask for Johnny and tell him his brother sent you in there. He can tell you where trails are in Tuscaloosa.....mostly in Brookwood area. I live in Decatur now, and am planning to go to Hawks pride this weekend, and most likely Holly Tree next weekend for their race. There is also an ORV park on 69 south, south of Jasper and Grey rock just outside of B'ham. I love Hawk's Pride, but am looking forward to helping Holly Tree get broke in. Anyways......if you want to wheel this weekend come with us to Tuscumbia, between 2 & 3 hours from T-town.
swill72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
JK_Altitude
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill72
You can go to GCR tire in Tuscaloosa, up the road from Kmart (Tuscaloosa Kmart) on old bhm highway (I think that is what the road is called). Ask for Johnny and tell him his brother sent you in there. He can tell you where trails are in Tuscaloosa.....mostly in Brookwood area. I live in Decatur now, and am planning to go to Hawks pride this weekend, and most likely Holly Tree next weekend for their race. There is also an ORV park on 69 south, south of Jasper and Grey rock just outside of B'ham. I love Hawk's Pride, but am looking forward to helping Holly Tree get broke in. Anyways......if you want to wheel this weekend come with us to Tuscumbia, between 2 & 3 hours from T-town.
Sick, thanks for the help man. I'll be sure to check these places out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.