Jeepers in Auburn, AL - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Jeepers in Auburn, AL

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-04-2009, 07:12 AM   #31
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I guess my memory isn't all that great or there are different places to go, but getting to the creek itself was a very rough, VERY washed out road. I'll try to dig up the pics of the spot on the creek we went to. I seem to remember a small waterfall / drop-off in the part we were at if that gives any clues as to where we were.

Unread 11-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #32
79CJChik
1979 CJ7 

There are definitely different spots to go on drunk creek, that was just one i could get directions to. I'll see if i can get directions to the other spots i've been to, but i think a lot of the more challenging/fun roads are all blocked off now.
79CJChik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #33
mpd0002
1984 CJ7 

a cool tool i always use is google earth... its a decent way to find dirt roads in any area, they usually stand out pretty easily. but you never know if its gated til you get out there :/

btw, is anyone going to be in town this weekend for the homecoming game? i wouldn't mind doing some night wheeling if anyone is around and knows any cool places.
mpd0002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2009, 05:54 AM   #34
79CJChik
1979 CJ7 

I'll be in town sat for the game, but i wont be in my jeep, sorry!
79CJChik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #35
jbstok
2009 JK Wrangler 

I just flew over that Skyline road/trail in the Talledega Nat'l Forest and there is a _little_color left. We're probably going to go drive it again this weekend, probably Saturday. If anyone's not going to the game and wants to come too, we'd be glad to have the company. If we do the whole thing it will take several hours so the trip will take the better part of the day. There are 3 places to bail out and hit pavement, though.

Lemme know if you want to go and we'll work out where to meet (probably the Dollar General parking lot in Goodwater)

........JB
jbstok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #36
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not going to the game, but what time are you thinking about going riding?
Unread 11-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #37
jbstok
2009 JK Wrangler 

I figured to meet anyone that wants to go in Goodwater at around 10 a.m. We're going to take a lunch and eat on the trail. If we do the whole thing, we'll probably get out about 15 miles south of Cheaha State Park Lodge between 2 and 3. Could take a little longer, depending, but the dirt roads I drove this afternoon between here and Lafayette were in pretty good shape. More dust than mud, so I wouldn't expect to get held up on the trail unless we have to cut trees off it. I'll probably bring a small chainsaw, as I'm allergic to axes <g>.

..........JB
Unread 11-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #38
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oops. I should've paid a little more attention to your post. I thought you were going to the Tuskegee National Forest. I won't be making this trip then. Maybe next time.
Unread 11-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #39
jbstok
2009 JK Wrangler 

We went, and had a good if long ride. Did the entire Skyway Motorway (hey, that's what it says on the maps) this time from north to south. The signs called the northern part FS 600-2 and the southern part FS 600-1. Took about 3.5 hours on the trail and was a little over 20 miles from end to end. The northernmost section is good single lane gravel road, the middle section is rocky and rutty, and the southernmost and longest section has a little of everything, but mostly rocky ruts with a few smooth sections. The few mud holes had hard bottoms. It would change dramatically if it had been raining in the past couple of days I expect. 181 miles round trip for us from Opelika, but it was a great day weather wise and my wife enjoyed driving instead of riding for about half the trails. Still some color on the leaves too, mostly the maples. The store at Cheaha was packed and met lots of 2 wheelers on the pavement, but not one other soul on the dirt. It makes a good day trip if you aren't looking for hard core wheeling.

.......JB
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #40
webbdad
1980 CJ5 

Cj

JB

Did you happen to get a GPS track on your trek thru the forest?

webbdad
webbdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #41
jbstok
2009 JK Wrangler 

Webdad,

Probably did. I think the GPS was on at least most of the time, but didn't save it. Doubt it's still in there since my bride drove the Jeep all over town today. Not sure how much track it saves. I'll try to check tommorrow if you want.

........JB
Unread 11-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #42
lliamsdad
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Xj Alexander city

What's up yall. I'm from Alex city and I'm looking to ride. Don't really care where long as its within driving range. Don't know many trails around here. There's a few dirt roads but nothing special. Anyone looking for some company shout a line and we'll make it happen. I love to be off road and have nowhere to do it.
lliamsdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #43
thecalebwalker
1999 TJ Wrangler 

WAR EAGLE! I live in Phenix City, but I'll be going to AU starting in the fall. I'm still building my rig (and will never be finished lol), and I was hoping to find some people to ride with when I get there. I've went to a lot of games and have hung out up there, and every time I go I see a lot of Jeeps so I know there has to be a lot of people ready to go wheel.
thecalebwalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #44
leo3000
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I hear theres a new place down there, the greeat americain park..

anyone been???

Link: The Great American Park LLC
Titus 2:11-14
leo3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:16 AM   #45
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like they're only open once a month. Being as there aren't any other ORV parks around, I'm guessing the place will be way too crowded the little time it's open. And the worst part will be the swarms of ATV's. That's what Boggs and Boulders is like anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.