Jeepers in Auburn, AL - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Jeepers in Auburn, AL

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #16
79CJChik
1979 CJ7 

I'm at auburn right now, have a 79 CJ7, but i dont take her out too much. I've been out to drunk creek a couple times with other people and it is blocked off from drivin through it as far as i know. still fun place to go tho.

79CJChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #17
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, I posted in the Dothan thread too, but like I said, I'm up for a ride anytime. Just name the time and place. I loved taking the backroads up to Auburn when I was in school there. Haven't taken that trip in a while.
Unread 10-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #18
mpd0002
1984 CJ7 

for real guys, im at auburn now too... and i just want to go ride around off road a bit... anywhere is fine with me. I have been through most of the tuskegee NF main roads, and a few of the "trails" that were wide enough to fit down. I am down for anything in the auburn area though... if ya'll know of some good spots share it!

btw, 79CJchik, i think i saw that jeep on your profile today parked in auburn... i always notice a CJ when i see one!
mpd0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 07:36 AM   #19
webbdad
1980 CJ5 

Cj

Where is Drunk Creek???

Should we have an informal Auburn jeeper meeting somewhere in the Auburn area? Maybe a Sat lunch , weekend picnic outing or an evening eat and greet???? Just a thought.

webbdad
webbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #20
79CJChik
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd0002 View Post
for real guys, im at auburn now too... and i just want to go ride around off road a bit... anywhere is fine with me. I have been through most of the tuskegee NF main roads, and a few of the "trails" that were wide enough to fit down. I am down for anything in the auburn area though... if ya'll know of some good spots share it!

btw, 79CJchik, i think i saw that jeep on your profile today parked in auburn... i always notice a CJ when i see one!

Yeh i was in town for the game. I actually went ridin late thursday night in the national forest, almost got stuck once, its was great!
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #21
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

war eagle!
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #22
79CJChik
1979 CJ7 

Drunk Creek is out in Loachapoka. You can get to it a couple different ways i think. I got a buddy to give me directions to a spot he took me to once:

"1. get on Hwy 14 (MLK Drive) going S/W
2. turn right onto Waverly Rd. (first right past the post office)
3. turn left onto Co Rd 65 and continue until you hit the bridge
* instead of turning at CR65, you can turn left onto CR64 and it will be a lot quicker but the last time I did this it was blocked off. not sure if it still is though so it may be worth a shot. "
Those were his directions and i'm pretty sure its drunk creek, regardless is a really nice drive out their, really pretty.
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #23
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have no idea which way we went becuase it was several years ago, but the road we took was pretty challenging and 4wd was required... and it was dry, no mud. My buddy that took me was driving a GMC Sierra extra-cab though so I'm sure a Jeep would be a little easier. If it's open I will definitely be going back there to give that road a try myself.
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #24
webbdad
1980 CJ5 

Cj

Thanks CJchik for the directions.
Where did you ride in the forest?? Have you been down the trail off of 915?

webbdad
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #25
Spence99XJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Nowhere to wheel in Auburn

I lived in Auburn for a year and a half, never found any trails. You could find your way onto some hunting land but that is just going to get you shot. You could drive up to Gardendale and wheel til it breaks. Greyrock is awesome too.
Spence99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #26
79CJChik
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbdad View Post
Thanks CJchik for the directions.
Where did you ride in the forest?? Have you been down the trail off of 915?

webbdad
We turned off of college street to the right (if youre heading towards tuskegee) right before a church. We just went down a bunch of roads wide enough for my CJ to fit and when we came to a dead end just turned around. We crossed over 85 and came out on Wire Rd to go home. I was just followin directions cause it was my first time in there.

I dont believe i've been off 915, how is it?
Unread 11-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #27
webbdad
1980 CJ5 

The trail off 915 was very fun and a little challenging. I would not suggest street tires...... I would suggest a winch or trail partner. I was a little foolish to attempt without help now that I look back on it.

I think the Auburn Jeepers need to have a eat and greet or something along that line pretty soon.

webbdad
Unread 11-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #28
79CJChik
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbdad View Post

I think the Auburn Jeepers need to have a eat and greet or something along that line pretty soon.

webbdad
I think it'd be great to meet up somewhere and eat, but I wont be able to until the Spring semester starts in Jan. most likely
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #29
mpd0002
1984 CJ7 

I'm pretty sure i went down that trail off 915 a few weeks ago... it was a tight squeeze all the way to the end, but it was fun! I am also totally down for an auburn jeeper's lunch.
Unread 11-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #30
mpd0002
1984 CJ7 

i rode out to drunk creek today, nice directions, got me right to it. there are some dirt roads out there, but most of the ones that would go to any really decent spots are gated, and im not about trespassing. all the same, it was a nice drive out there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.