Cullman Jeep Jamboree Nov 1-3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Cullman Jeep Jamboree Nov 1-3

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
RecycledTeen
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Cullman Jeep Jamboree Nov 1-3

For anyone that's interested we would like to invite you to the 4th Annual Cullman Jeep Jamboree. It is going to be held on Nov 1-3, 2012 at Stony Lonesome ORP. I know for a lot of people that live close, it's no big deal to ride there but for those who are thinking about a Jamboree, this is a good one because you will get to ride ALL of the park, not just the jeep trails. Also the jamboree has full use of the park and will utilize all trails in both directions to give you the most for your money.

One other thing that is special for this year is a night ride put on by Stony Lonesome for the participants after the official Jamboree closes on Saturday night!!!

For complete information go to:

www.JeepJamboreeUSA.com

also check out the discussion groups icon to see pictures of Stony Lonesome ORP

Itinerary:

http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Cullman2012.pdf

We're gonna have fun!!!

I thought I was done with the mods..............I was wrong!
Unread 08-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
jpony645
1998 TJ Wrangler 

$250 - $600?
jpony645 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
RecycledTeen
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Josh, as I said in the beginning, since a lot of people are close, it doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money to ride a jamboree at a park that is near your home. I wouldn't spend the money to ride the jamboree that is close to my home!!! But for a lot of people who would like to either vacation in the area or have always wanted to go to an area, it just makes perfect sense. Combine jeeping with your vacation, get three GOOD meals a day, a chance at several thousand $$$ prizes, be guided on trails that you would not normally be able to run or in some cases, never be able to get on because the area is closed to jeeping except during a jamboree. Also a lot of the money that you spend on a jamboree goes to insure you against accidents while participating in a jamboree. Also one other thing, which is minor but the parks used or the private land used charges a fee for that use. Enough of my rambling but as I said above, think about doing one as a vacation or doing one away from your home area and just see what they are all about. You will make a lot of friends because you all are there to enjoy one thing, jeeping!

One Jamboree that is great is the Gateway to the Cumberlands, which is held on private mountains in Eastern KY/TN on the third weekend of Oct.

Rick

Unread 08-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
H8SPVMT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecycledTeen View Post
Josh, as I said in the beginning, since a lot of people are close, it doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money to ride a jamboree at a park that is near your home. I wouldn't spend the money to ride the jamboree that is close to my home!!! But for a lot of people who would like to either vacation in the area or have always wanted to go to an area, it just makes perfect sense. Combine jeeping with your vacation, get three GOOD meals a day, a chance at several thousand $$$ prizes, be guided on trails that you would not normally be able to run or in some cases, never be able to get on because the area is closed to jeeping except during a jamboree. Also a lot of the money that you spend on a jamboree goes to insure you against accidents while participating in a jamboree. Also one other thing, which is minor but the parks used or the private land used charges a fee for that use. Enough of my rambling but as I said above, think about doing one as a vacation or doing one away from your home area and just see what they are all about. You will make a lot of friends because you all are there to enjoy one thing, jeeping!

One Jamboree that is great is the Gateway to the Cumberlands, which is held on private mountains in Eastern KY/TN on the third weekend of Oct.

Rick
Several friends of mine and us all get together every year at a Jamboree just for the gathering like you said. It' a good time to visit old and make new long lasting friends.

I attended Camp Jeep several times too and it, like the Jamborees was well worth the money. Yep, it is as close to a vacation as it can get!
H8SPVMT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
JEEPER188
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Can you just attended one day and pay for just one day? How much does it cost to attended?
JEEPER188 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
RecycledTeen
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The Events are designed to start on Thur Evening and go through Sat evening. There is one that is four day event but so far, that is the only one. They have never had, to my knowledge, a single day entry to the event.

Unread 08-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #7
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Stoney Lonesome has been working to improve the park too. Should be a run time this year! And it isn't in the heat of summer either! November should be nice!!!!!
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
H8SPVMT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Cost;

To travel on trails you can't get to any other time.

Food and gatherings that will only happen once a year or, a lifetime.

Best trail guides and knowledgeable Jeep people to ride along with.

Lifetime memories you just can't find anywhere else:

PRICELESS!
H8SPVMT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
RecycledTeen
1999 TJ Wrangler 

H8SPVMT, that pic sure does look a lot LIKE BridgeRock trail....

Unread 08-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #10
jpony645
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
Stoney Lonesome has been working to improve the park too. Should be a run time this year! And it isn't in the heat of summer either! November should be nice!!!!!

Yes, our club has cut 3 new trails out there this year and have another work weekend next month. It's getting better everyday.
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #11
jpony645
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Rick
I guess that's understandable for the audience that you're targeting. Just seems waaaaay high to me for an event that doesn't include meals or lodging is all.
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
JEEPER188
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecycledTeen
The Events are designed to start on Thur Evening and go through Sat evening. There is one that is four day event but so far, that is the only one. They have never had, to my knowledge, a single day entry to the event.
Okay thanks, I guess I want be going then, because I would only be able to come on Saturday because of school.
JEEPER188 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #13
RecycledTeen
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpony645 View Post
I guess that's understandable for the audience that you're targeting. Just seems waaaaay high to me for an event that doesn't include meals or lodging is all.
Sorry, I thought I mentioned all meals are included and is GOOD food and a lot of it!

Unread 08-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #14
jpony645
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry, I thought I mentioned all meals are included and is GOOD food and a lot of it!
Ahhh, I thought I read in the link that only breakfast was included. Anyway, I'm sure everyone there has fun.
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #15
H8SPVMT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
H8SPVMT, that pic sure does look a lot LIKE BridgeRock trail....
Ah you checked the properties of the picture did you?

That's it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.