Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Baldwin County Alabama

87K views 1K replies 55 participants last post by  badgerwithhands 
#1 ·
Is there anyone located in Baldwin county or near by would like to get up with some people to go riding and learn some more about Jeeps.

#247 ·
I'll see you guys Sunday at the de-rail 8 AM. If there are any changes someone give me a call.

#248 ·
Go ahead and count me in on this one.

I made it to the wma last Sun for a quick ride with my 7-year-old while my 9-year-old was at a party. There was one challenging trail east of River Road. After three attempts, I decided to back out (while I still could). I'm sure it woould be considerably less challenging when not underwater. My seven year-old daughter has been stuck enough to know what it sounds and feels like. in the past year, she's been carried from a partially submerged Jeep (water inside the passenger compartment) twice.

At the river:

#250 ·
hey guys, ill try to make it. we will be down at the beach this weekend for my daughters birthday but im pretty sure we are coming back saturday evening. Brian i have yours and macs numbers. ill give one of you call sat. if i can make it.

#253 ·
Before I put it on CL, is there anyone here who is interested in a used (05) TJ soft top (tinted)? No leaks and one tiny (<1/4") tear where it attaches to the door wrap around. Some of the zippers are a little worn. I have kept it clean and treated it a couple of times this year. I would say that it is in fair-good condition. I can send pics if you want.

I ordered a new rampage top yesterday.

#256 ·
BrianBFD said:
Well it's gonna be a while before I can sell it now. The top I ordered is back ordered for 3-4 weeks.
What kind of lift are you installing? I might be able to help you out. I've done several of the 2" lifts.
Its a 4" procomp. its a good deal of work

#258 ·
To those of you that went on the ride Sunday, I am going to try to set up an ETP site where we can all upload and download photos. This should help with those of you that have filters on your work computers that will not allow you to see sites like flicker or photobucket. This also beats having to pass around CD's and USB drives.
I will post up a link as soon as I get it set up and tested.

Here is a little sample of some of our pics...

Attachments

#260 ·
Donna and I also had a good time.
The area is may be a little tame for some folks but I do believe we found ways to keep everyone entertained.
And the rain didn't apepear to dampen any ones spirits.
No one got hurt and no rreports of breakage.
All in all a good time.

#261 ·
Hope everybody had as much fun as Brina and I had. Enjoyed just hanging out with everybody.
Looking forward to the next time.

Stoney Lonesome was the name of the park I was trying to think of in Cullman County.

#262 ·
I know some of you can't access photobucket at work, and I am still working on a photo sharing site just for us that will not get filtered for web hosting.

I have uploaded the pics Mrs. BFD shot to my photobucket account. I have not taken the time to go through and blur the tag numbers out. If you want this done let me know in the next 24 hours before I post the link. Some folks don't care and others do. I just didn't want to link them and have someone unhappy about it. If so let me know via PM, it will hit my e-mail and will ping my phone.

Brian

#263 ·
Wow I hate I missed that, man I will keep up with the Stoney L ride if you guys come up this way, Its 36 miles from my place, and has stuff for the everyday driver, and the towed rigs as well. places to camp around here. Hotels, many things to do, hang out or whatever.

#266 ·
the59sound,

I will be working Saturday, but I could give you a hand Saturday evening and during the day Sunday. Just let me know if that will help.

#269 ·
Need Help? You know I am a leaf spring guy; I'm gonna be as lost as a short dawg in high cotton!:rofl:

HELP!!!
:D

#270 ·
That's the best I can do. Gotta do the O.T., I have to pay for that new top somehow...

I don't know what kind of instructions he has with the kit, but you might need some spring compressors. You can get them from O'Reilly's. Just pay a deposit and get it back when you return them.
You may be able to flex the axle enough to get them out after disconnecting the sway bars (front & rear) and/or you can also remove the track bars and the axles will swing more than enough to get the new ones in.

There is a remote chance I can down there Saturday evening. Call me if y'all get in a real bind.

#273 ·
That's the best I can do. Gotta do the O.T., I have to pay for that new top somehow....
I feel your pain brother. I use to have money, then I bought a Jeep, and now I have none. :cheers:

#277 ·
Sorry, check my jeep forum. Album WMA 7-24-11

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.