Baldwin County Alabama - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Baldwin County Alabama

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #181
duanewhatley
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Doors View Post
Ok guys, looks like I am gonna take another ride up to the WMA this Saturday, if anybody is interested.
Wish I was off work, I would go wid ya!!

duanewhatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #182
BrianBFD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Let me know what time and where you want to meet up.
Did you check out Truck Trail 17 to see if the bridges had been repaired while you there last weekend?

If fishing is a sport, does that make me an athlete?
BrianBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 05:39 AM   #183
No-Doors
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Brian,

Not only were the bridges out, but it looks as if there is no intention to replace. I came in from 64 and the first bridge I came to has a dirt berm blocking access and it looks as if it has been there a while.

Probably best place to meet will be at the intersection of 64 and 112. My youngest son may go with me; find out what time he will be ready and I will give ya a time. I'm thinking 8 or 9, but I will give you a definite time.

Mac

"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong" (Paul :-)
No-Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #184
BrianBFD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good just let me know what time when you know. I'm going to PM you my cell # in case something comes up last minute.
I'm going to try to track down an old friend that might be able to shed some light on the future of TT17 is.

Anybody else besides us so far?

Unread 06-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #185
HiTide

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

I would love to tag along, but Saturday. I have the grand kids, have been told that wouldn't be cool to take em along.
I wouldn't ask any one to change thier plans for me, but I could come out and play on Sunday.
HiTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #186
WestBeachCJ5
1976 CJ5 

Very interested in hitting the WMA, have NO idea where it is, but I took my wife out yesterday down a few old powerline cuts and got a little dirty and she LOVED it, now wants to hang out with more Jeepers! YES!!!
WestBeachCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #187
05stonewhite
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sorry I missed the meet guys after being in the jeep since 630 that morning the gf was ready to get home Ill try to make the next one
05stonewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #188
No-Doors
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestBeachCJ5 View Post
Very interested in hitting the WMA, have NO idea where it is, but I took my wife out yesterday down a few old powerline cuts and got a little dirty and she LOVED it, now wants to hang out with more Jeepers! YES!!!
Dave,

Not sure how familiar you are with the area, so I will give you a choice of meeting locations. I can meet you at the Intersection of Hwy 59 and Co. Rd. 64 in Loxley, or you can meet Brian and I at 64 and 112. Either works for me.

64 and 112 intersect north of I-10 you just take the Wilcox Rd. exit and head north till it dead ends into 112.

See ya then. I think I sent my number last week, if not let me know and I will send again.

"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong" (Paul :-)
Unread 06-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #189
No-Doors
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTide View Post
I would love to tag along, but Saturday. I have the grand kids, have been told that wouldn't be cool to take em along.
I wouldn't ask any one to change thier plans for me, but I could come out and play on Sunday.
Skip,

Normally I could change plans, but I am having my 4th on the 3rd. Have to spend my 4th traveling for business.

I think bringing Grand Kids would be great. Not planning anything extreme. Only experienced about 2 spots last week that a 2wd truck couldn't get through.

Heck I'm bringing my dawgs, they're worse than kids. Planning on stopping and taking a few breaks to cool off in the river. Very shallow and very cool.

Just let us know if you change your mind.

Unread 06-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #190
HiTide

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'll check at the home front and get back with you

Thanks
HiTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #191
BrianBFD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTide View Post

They shouldn't be a problem - DUCT TAPE...

Unread 06-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #192
BrianBFD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stonewhite View Post
Sorry I missed the meet guys after being in the jeep since 630 that morning the gf was ready to get home Ill try to make the next one
Come up Saturday, check out No Doors last post about possible meeting places.

Unread 06-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #193
WestBeachCJ5
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Doors View Post
Dave,

Not sure how familiar you are with the area, so I will give you a choice of meeting locations. I can meet you at the Intersection of Hwy 59 and Co. Rd. 64 in Loxley, or you can meet Brian and I at 64 and 112. Either works for me.

64 and 112 intersect north of I-10 you just take the Wilcox Rd. exit and head north till it dead ends into 112.

See ya then. I think I sent my number last week, if not let me know and I will send again.
I think it would be easier to meet at 59/64 and follow y'all in. what time should I be there?
WestBeachCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #194
lanecj5
1980 CJ5 

Just my 2 cents....I hunted for a few years in gatewood hunting club.Take your ultralight and some beetle spins.
there are some nice sand bars up there with many deep holes. Have fun guys.
lanecj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 05:53 AM   #195
No-Doors
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mike is right about the sand bars, kinda like going to the beach in the middle of the woods. I will give you guys a meet time by tomorrow morning.

Brian and Dave, don't wanna make you guys get up to early on a Saturday. So, let me know what would be the earliest you would want to start.

For those of you who haven't been to the WMA before; make sure you bring drinks, food, and sunscreen. Also, make sure you fill up with gas. This area is the polar opposite of the Eastern Shore and beach areas of Baldwin County. You can drive for miles without seeing a house and on a busy day you might pass two oncoming vehicles in a 10 mile stretch (and this is on paved roads) my kinda place. Also, don't count on cell phones to work.

Looking forward to Saturday and seeing you guys. Anybody else interested?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.