Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Baldwin County Alabama

87K views 1K replies 55 participants last post by  badgerwithhands 
#1 ·
Is there anyone located in Baldwin county or near by would like to get up with some people to go riding and learn some more about Jeeps.

#153 ·
Duane,

Rode up to the WMA last Sunday and found my way back to the river; it was Great! Water felt good and man, is the current swift. Going again this Sunday if anybody is interested.

#157 ·
I live in the thriving metropolis that is Bay Minette.
Looks like I'm almost late for the party. I would really like to meet up with some folks from BC and plan a local ride. I have heard about the WMA on the Perdido River and was told it is a great place to ride. Is the time still 7:00PM and the place still Moe's?

Thanks,
Brian

#158 ·
Nope, its at Mac's.

Thanks,

Mac

#159 ·
This thing is growing; which is a good thing. Here is the guest list so far:

05Stonewhite
Barcus
Duanewhatley
HiTide
IslandRagtop
LaneCJ5
Schultzie
Burgettw
BrianBFD
No-Doors

Plus other un-named Jeepers who are coming with you guys. My neighborhood may never be the same :D

#162 ·
Don't worry; I have a double carport adjacent to the bar. Anybody that can't squeeze under the roof of the bar can hangout under the carport. We can pass them drinks and dawgs through the lattice :2thumbsup:

#164 ·
Hey Y'all!!! Woohoo! Hey I had to come to the library to look at the internet, so I just found this. I live in Orange Beach, just moved from GS. I drive a mostly-stock CJ5 and I am definitely looking for Jeepers to hang out with. My wife is sick of hearing about all the things I want to do to it and has forbidden me to even say the word Jeep in her company! Help a dude out!

#165 ·
Help is on the way
:2thumbsup:

#166 ·
WestBeachCJ5 said:
Hey Y'all!!! Woohoo! Hey I had to come to the library to look at the internet, so I just found this. I live in Orange Beach, just moved from GS. I drive a mostly-stock CJ5 and I am definitely looking for Jeepers to hang out with. My wife is sick of hearing about all the things I want to do to it and has forbidden me to even say the word Jeep in her company! Help a dude out!
Just stop listening to your wife like I did. :)

#167 ·
Actually mine is now wanting her own Jeep; a Hot Pink Jeep trimmed in Black. I think she would look pretty cool tooling around in one.
:D

#169 ·
Stay in touch; we'll get together and go for a ride one weekend.

:wave:

#173 ·
Well Crap! Sorry to hear that Mike, gotta take care of the family first. Stay in touch and lets get together sometime. You got my number, so give me a call. I like that name "Jeepfest Jubilee".

Meet-N-Greet UPDATE: prep work has begun, Schultzie dropped off Bratts and beer at my house yesterday. To bad they didn't make through the night:rofl:
Just kidding, I haven't started eating yet.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. If anybody has any probs finding my place, just give me a call; you all have my number.

See Ya Saturday

#174 ·
I can't wait for tomorrow after the week I've had. A pipe burst in the guest bath room and ran for several hours. I spent all night thursday ripping out damaged carpet and using a shop vac to get the rest of thewater out. Good thing the carpet needed replacing anyways. Now my house is a wreck and we have half of the carpet gone. New carpet going in Monday. Needless to say I could use a few beers tomorrow. :)

#175 ·
Well we are in Jackson Ms today.Got the intake off my daughters car & installed new intake gaskets.Replaced
the plugs and wires and got it all back together.Got it cranked and found 2 vaccum leaks.Sealed those up and now she seems to be OK.Dang I'm tired.Gonna play a round of golf here in Madison in the morning then I am back to Baldwin county...tommorow afternoon..Thank goodness....See ya guys.

#176 ·
Great get-together last night. I really enjoyed meeting all of you. Sorry you couldnt' make it lane, but glad you were able to get your daughter's car going and get in some golf.
I look forward to planning a trip in the near future.
If any of you are in the north end of the county and need a hand with something give me call.
PM me for my cell #.

#177 ·
Good Morning to all,

Had a great time Saturday night; really enjoyed all you guys coming over. I will be more than happy to host another gathering anytime you guys wanna get together. Maybe Mike, Dave, and Greg will make the next one.

Rode up to the WMA Sunday morning; lot of fun. Several of you guys expressed interest in checking out the WMA; give me a call if ya wanna trail partner and we'll ride up there and get lost together.

:wave:

#178 ·
I had a great time Saturday evening.
Would like to thank Mac and his wife for their hospitality, it was good to meet some new faces.
And I am definatley interested making a ride with you guys.

Thanks again for including me.

#180 ·
Ok guys, looks like I am gonna take another ride up to the WMA this Saturday, if anybody is interested.

#183 ·
Brian,

Not only were the bridges out, but it looks as if there is no intention to replace. I came in from 64 and the first bridge I came to has a dirt berm blocking access and it looks as if it has been there a while.

Probably best place to meet will be at the intersection of 64 and 112. My youngest son may go with me; find out what time he will be ready and I will give ya a time. I'm thinking 8 or 9, but I will give you a definite time.

Mac

#184 ·
Sounds good just let me know what time when you know. I'm going to PM you my cell # in case something comes up last minute.
I'm going to try to track down an old friend that might be able to shed some light on the future of TT17 is.

Anybody else besides us so far?

#185 ·
I would love to tag along, but Saturday. I have the grand kids, have been told that wouldn't be cool to take em along.
I wouldn't ask any one to change thier plans for me, but I could come out and play on Sunday.

#189 ·
Skip,

Normally I could change plans, but I am having my 4th on the 3rd. Have to spend my 4th traveling for business:mad:.

I think bringing Grand Kids would be great. Not planning anything extreme. Only experienced about 2 spots last week that a 2wd truck couldn't get through.

Heck I'm bringing my dawgs, they're worse than kids. Planning on stopping and taking a few breaks to cool off in the river. Very shallow and very cool.

Just let us know if you change your mind.

#188 ·
Dave,

Not sure how familiar you are with the area, so I will give you a choice of meeting locations. I can meet you at the Intersection of Hwy 59 and Co. Rd. 64 in Loxley, or you can meet Brian and I at 64 and 112. Either works for me.

64 and 112 intersect north of I-10 you just take the Wilcox Rd. exit and head north till it dead ends into 112.

See ya then. I think I sent my number last week, if not let me know and I will send again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.