Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Baldwin County Alabama

87K views 1K replies 55 participants last post by  badgerwithhands 
#1 ·
Is there anyone located in Baldwin county or near by would like to get up with some people to go riding and learn some more about Jeeps.

#8 ·
Mobile Jeep Club is having a ride at Boggs and Boulders this Saturday, May 21. We are meeting at Exit 31 off of I-65 at 8:30 am. Anyone is welcome to ride with us. Stop by our website and say hi

#10 ·
There's already talk about another ride to Boggs and Boulders in early-mid June. And, we have been discussing a trip to Choccoloco Mountain later in June or July. Choccoloco would be a weekend camping trip. Their campsite has adequate shade and should still allow breezes to go through camp. Check out our Rides & Events forum for info, or come to our monthly meeting on Thursday, June 2 at 6:30 at the Springhill branch of the Mobile Library next to Springhill Baptist Church.

#11 ·
Hey burgett I live in Bay minette.Ive still got a couple things to be done to the CJ.Don't know yet about driving it 300 mile in a day yet.There is one place that is real close you need to look into.Perdido river mangemant area;Its part of the foreverwild projects.Many mile of roads along the perdido river with some nice sand bars;great ultrlight fishing and they like people to use this ,not only in hunting season,but all year for camping etc.

#13 ·
Next time you are in Walmart got to sporting goods and get a copy of the "permit" use map...Then go home and google it.We hunted a large potion of it out hwy 112 towards Gateswood for sveral years.But this place is huge plenty of places to ride, stop and fish,camp etc. The map is your permit.

#20 ·
Using Google Earth, looked at the Styx area, looks like there is an area with trails, mudhole and landing at the river, maybe tubing also.
Is that open to public ?
This is all pretty close to the Perdidio River Wildlife management Area
Could you use any help up on Hwy 68, strong back weak mind ype of stuff ?

#23 ·
You can drive a long way in there. Alot of that area is international paper.Just outside of bay minette you go out Old brady road going south and can drive all the way thru to loxley.I've still got a little work on ours yet to feel comfortable drivng it a few hundred miles in a day. Look up alabamachristian4x4.com. If ya go along perdido river take your beetle spins and ultra light.

#25 ·
Well guys I'll have to get out there this summer and check things out.Barcus it may not be in my jeep just yet but you are welcome to ride with and lets go check it out.I say we check out the forever wild part just cause of the sandbars , fishing and the kids can swim.We will find a few places to ride in mess around for a day etc.

#28 ·
That sounds like a better plan :thumbsup: I just got mine so had to change motor mounts, front and rear brakes, stabilizer, and bunch of little things but main problem was waiting on parts...but yea if anyone needs any help I dont mind helping at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.