Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #826
spbarone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21
There should be a .75" spacer on top of the coils to make it a 3.25".
Then I guess I can attribute the sagging to a POS lift. It's not a dd and I don't intend to do any hardcore wheeling (just average core) with it do I guess I'll just ride it til it breaks.

spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #827
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Did some cutting!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #828
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Go on...

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #829
spbarone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Do you still have all 11 fingers?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using JeepForum
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #830
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone
Do you still have all 11 fingers?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using JeepForum
Ya, I about lost a fist full, but then I remembered I operate better with a beer in my blood stream.

The suspense! Don't you love it!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 08-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #831
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm all for getting a good deal on tires, but I'd be VERY hesitant to order tires online. Here's why: Warranty. You have issues, you can't just go to your local Discount Tire for a patch/fix/replacement. You have to ship things back, get it swapped out, and that's assuming you have the approval. Just a LOT of hassle.

It just becomes a question of whether the hassle is worth it. Besides, I will try to support local. When I got my TrXuS MT's (33x12.5x15), I got 5 mounted and balanced for 800 from Tennessee Offroad up around Nashville. Granted that was a few years ago, but I'd give em another shot when I get new tires later this year.

As for grinding, here's what I've been up to...

Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #832
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Paul, there you go using logic again

Are you going to 35s? Your current tires don't look bad, you should be able to quickly sell them.

Keep the photos of them fenders coming... looks good.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
I'm all for getting a good deal on tires, but I'd be VERY hesitant to order tires online. Here's why: Warranty. You have issues, you can't just go to your local Discount Tire for a patch/fix/replacement. You have to ship things back, get it swapped out, and that's assuming you have the approval. Just a LOT of hassle.

It just becomes a question of whether the hassle is worth it. Besides, I will try to support local. When I got my TrXuS MT's (33x12.5x15), I got 5 mounted and balanced for 800 from Tennessee Offroad up around Nashville. Granted that was a few years ago, but I'd give em another shot when I get new tires later this year.

As for grinding, here's what I've been up to...

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #833
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Exactly, just a lot of hastle. That's why I do my best to ignore all extended service plans. The cost of a patch is minimal, and I'm fine with that. But, I do see your point, I know wal-mart had a good plan I used plenty of times on my first car years back.
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #834
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Support local business.

Unread 08-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #835
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Paul, there you go using logic again

Are you going to 35s? Your current tires don't look bad, you should be able to quickly sell them.

Keep the photos of them fenders coming... looks good.........
Don, no plans for 35's. Remember, I have 4 squirrels and a D35.

I just wanted a bit more clearance when articulating and no rubbing on the sharp sheet metal and stock flares. And no having to worry about droopy eyes any more. I KNOW you know what I mean by that comment. Little Jeep looks sad.
Green Jeep Member #155

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #836
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
Don, no plans for 35's. Remember, I have 4 squirrels and a D35.

I just wanted a bit more clearance when articulating and no rubbing on the sharp sheet metal and stock flares. And no having to worry about droopy eyes any more. I KNOW you know what I mean by that comment. Little Jeep looks sad.
4 squirrels, and a D35.... that is enough reason to avoid 35s. You are running 4:88 though....???

**EDIT** I just read your profile.... 4:88....
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #837
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yup, 4.88.
Green Jeep Member #155

Unread 08-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #838
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good Paul. You're going to have insane amounts of travel now that you basically have no fender.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #839
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yup. That's kind of the plan. I've rubbed my flares for WAY too long.

And I'm ready for a Huntsville winter. I'll have armor all around.

C'mon, slide on into me! LOL. Gotta love it when the roads freeze over. I'm looking forward to a winter this year.
Green Jeep Member #155

Unread 08-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #840
swill72
1989 YJ Wrangler 

This is off topic (from tire talk), but I have (2) 4.2L long blocks I am trying to get rid of, for core value. Does anyone know where they can be taken (preferably in Decatur area)? I keep getting told I can get $200/pc for core, but where?

Thanks,

Scott
swill72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.