Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 01-23-2012, 05:03 AM   #46
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastR View Post
I am just up the road.

Is it legal wheeling there?
Unless you have looked the landowner in the eye and he/she gave you permission to wheel, IT IS NOT LEGAL to wheel there.. You have a real nice OHV Park in Cullman, go wheel there.

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #47
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep

Unless you have looked the landowner in the eye and he/she gave you permission to wheel, IT IS NOT LEGAL to wheel there.. You have a real nice OHV Park in Cullman, go wheel there.
TVA. It is legal, I've gone wheeling there once and the sheriff was guarding the road (tweakers down there), let me in with guns and all.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #48
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
TVA. It is legal, I've gone wheeling there once and the sheriff was guarding the road (tweakers down there), let me in with guns and all.
Someone including a Sheriff looking the other way, and being legal are two different subjects.

I did a search for TVA land with Off highway vehicle access in the Huntsville, AL area.... the only result was Turkey Bay OHV Park in Land Between the Lakes area.... 183 miles away from Huntsville... seems if it was legal, the web site would list it.

http://www.recreation.gov/unifSearch...abIndex=Search

Unread 01-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #49
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Agree to disagree bro. There are no signs posted, people fish, hunt, shoot, camp, kayak, loiter, etc. All which require entering the land. it's cool if your going to be a pansy and sit at home doing research, but we're gonna hit the trail.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #50
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Agree to disagree bro. There are no signs posted, people fish, hunt, shoot, camp, kayak, loiter, etc. All which require entering the land. it's cool if your going to be a pansy and sit at home doing research, but we're gonna hit the trail.
Being a "pansy" is about the silliest thing I have ever heard, what are you, 12 years old? I own a farm... said farm doesn't have a house, just land with a barn. There are few signs (2 or 3 total), there is a creek, and people seem to think because I'm not sitting there with shotgun in hand, they can come onto my property hunt, fish, ride ATVs, cut fences, dump trash, cut trees down, use land as lovers lane, etc., etc.,... they can, as long as I don't catch them. Your front yard probably isn't posted with signs, yet people probably don't drive their atvs or Jeeps across it.
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #51
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep

Being a "pansy" is about the silliest thing I have ever heard, what are you, 12 years old? I own a farm... said farm doesn't have a house, just land with a barn. There are few signs (2 or 3 total), there is a creek, and people seem to think because I'm not sitting there with shotgun in hand, they can come onto my property hunt, fish, ride ATVs, cut fences, dump trash, cut trees down, use land as lovers lane, etc., etc.,... they can, as long as I don't catch them. Your front yard probably isn't posted with signs, yet people probably don't drive their atvs or Jeeps across it.
Sounds like a personal problem.

Unread 01-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #52
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds like a personal problem.
Yep....... and Jeepers wonder why they are losing land to wheel on at such a rapid pace. You can either be part of the solution, or part of the problem.
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #53
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This was a good thread until you two brought the bull**** in. Cut it out.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #54
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
This was a good thread until you two brought the bull**** in. Cut it out.
Let's start a thread on drinking and driving... that is fun to do, yet illegal as well.
Unread 01-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #55
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Let's start a thread on drinking and driving... that is fun to do, yet illegal as well.
Sure go ahead. Just keep all that crap out of this thread. If it's illegal wheeling, sure post up saying people shouldn't wheel there. No problem with that, just don't start a pissing contest with the other dude.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #56
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

i thought this thread was for Alabama jeepers. Alabama land has to be posted. if it is an access, cut through, or whatever public does have access here. gated land is different. we have a bird sanctuary near me and it's legal to wheel. just no camping and trash disposal.
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #57
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Correct. I'm so ready to hit some unmarked land!

Unread 01-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #58
brenden15s
2005 WK 

Sounds like a plan
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #59
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

I know of a place on the west side of the Arsenal. It's more of a dirt road with large pot holes going around a small lake. If you exit the gate on the west side, turn right at the first gas station and go south. Anyone want to go this week? There's places to fish too, when the water level drops.

Unread 01-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #60
brenden15s
2005 WK 

I'm down for going next month I need to get through the next few weeks of headaches before I do anything

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.