Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 36 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #526
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Madison county lake has some big places but I don't think they would have enough room for that many rigs at one spot

Armycherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #527
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Possible 'Jeep Fill the Street' Location

Update: I just talked to the kind receptionist at Monte Sano. She advised us not to pay for a pavillion. Said there is plenty of room for us to all gather and enjoy the shade. We can bring all of our equipment, and they do have public restrooms available. Right now I'm really laughing at Ditto! So it looks like we may have found our location! Hard to turn down. Only down side is, everyone has to pay the enterance fee of $3 per adult, and $2 per child. Let me know what you all think!

Primitive camp sites will be available!
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #528
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Update: I just talked to the kind receptionist at Monte Sano. She advised us not to pay for a pavillion. Said there is plenty of room for us to all gather and enjoy the shade. We can bring all of our equipment, and they do have public restrooms available. Right now I'm really laughing at Ditto! So it looks like we may have found our location! Hard to turn down. Only down side is, everyone has to pay the enterance fee of $3 per adult, and $2 per child. Let me know what you all think!
SuthrnTJ lives near trails! I texted him and told him to catch up on this thread. So we might can get away for free. Not that 3 bucks will make or brake anything for me.
lifesaflaw123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #529
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

A trail would be nice, as long as I can get the tow-behind charcol grill through. (Smaller wheels)
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #530
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
A trail would be nice, as long as I can get the tow-behind charcol grill through. (Smaller wheels)
I don't wanna plan this at his house but....I think he does have a grill. Screw it, we are gonna do it at his house. Its up to him to get on here and check updates
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #531
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Chris, sorry I missed your call. Was eating lunch here at work. I assumed it was about Monte Sano after reading your post. But that is good to hear about the pavilions though. But like it was said before, $3 ain't going to kill me but it would be nice just to show up, chill, eat, chit chat and leave for free.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #532
SuthrnTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

LOL! I'd be more then willing to offer up my yard! HAHA!! Come one come all! I don't have much shade but we can bring Canopies and stuff.. I don't actually have a grill but My dad has a HUGE one that we can use.. August 4th is plenty of time to get my house in shape for this.. It's not a huge house but the yard more then makes up for it and I don't care about driving around in it! The name of the event is "Fill the street" so lets do it! I got to pull some railroad ties up so we can even have a flex station setup if you want! LOL! It'll be with railroad ties but it'll make for some fun pics! BUT.. If we have it here, you'll have to put up with one Toyota! But it holds its own! HAHA!

I'm serious though.. if y'all don't mind coming here and BigBlue you know where that trail is if they don't mind having that many Jeeps on it then we can go there then later we can ride down to some swimming areas off the river that are free to get into also and just have a GRAND OLE TIME!!
SuthrnTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #533
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnTJ View Post
LOL! I'd be more then willing to offer up my yard! HAHA!! Come one come all! I don't have much shade but we can bring Canopies and stuff.. I don't actually have a grill but My dad has a HUGE one that we can use.. August 4th is plenty of time to get my house in shape for this.. It's not a huge house but the yard more then makes up for it and I don't care about driving around in it! The name of the event is "Fill the street" so lets do it! I got to pull some railroad ties up so we can even have a flex station setup if you want! LOL! It'll be with railroad ties but it'll make for some fun pics! BUT.. If we have it here, you'll have to put up with one Toyota! But it holds its own! HAHA!

I'm serious though.. if y'all don't mind coming here and BigBlue you know where that trail is if they don't mind having that many Jeeps on it then we can go there then later we can ride down to some swimming areas off the river that are free to get into also and just have a GRAND OLE TIME!!
bout time! I have an ez-up I can bring.
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #534
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
SuthrnTJ lives near trails! I texted him and told him to catch up on this thread. So we might can get away for free. Not that 3 bucks will make or brake anything for me.
I assume those are the HIKING trails and not offroad vehicle trails.... I don't know of any wheeling trails at Monte Sano (but would LOVE it if they did!).
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #535
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Primitive camp sites will be available!
Doing it Monte Sano shouldn't be bad. LOTS of open areas up on the top, but I'm wondering if there is adequate parking. You may want to let them know how many you think will be there so see if parking on grass would be an issue.

At the top, there is lots of shade, but the pop up canopies would be easy enough to set up.

Are we talking about a show 'n shine type thing cuz my Jeep is nowhere near clean, but I'm putting on some new fenders soon and will be cleaning it up for that...

Speaking of which, anybody need some good condition stock fenders? I'm trying to sell mine off and trade some beat up ones so I can do this fender project and I would really rather see these two good fenders go to somebody who needs em.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #536
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnTJ View Post

Id rather not let that spot be jepordaized, not sure how they'd feel about this much hell-raising out there! lol.

I think I speak for all when I say, you should definitly be the execption, and be allowed to drive your yota if you can bring something for us to stretch on! The only exception!, unless someone wants to provide a truck bed as an ice chest.
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #537
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
Doing it Monte Sano shouldn't be bad. LOTS of open areas up on the top, but I'm wondering if there is adequate parking. You may want to let them know how many you think will be there so see if parking on grass would be an issue.

At the top, there is lots of shade, but the pop up canopies would be easy enough to set up.

Are we talking about a show 'n shine type thing cuz my Jeep is nowhere near clean, but I'm putting on some new fenders soon and will be cleaning it up for that...

Speaking of which, anybody need some good condition stock fenders? I'm trying to sell mine off and trade some beat up ones so I can do this fender project and I would really rather see these two good fenders go to somebody who needs em.
Parking, yes. I specificaly asked if they would have room for at least 50 Jeeps. I told her, we wouldnt mind parking off-road. Said they have plenty of space in August.

Clean, no! Just come prepared. The winning vehicle will not be judged by amount of polished chrome.
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #538
SuthrnTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Id rather not let that spot be jepordaized, not sure how they'd feel about this much hell-raising out there! lol.

I think I speak for all when I say, you should definitly be the execption, and be allowed to drive your yota if you can bring something for us to stretch on! The only exception!, unless someone wants to provide a truck bed as an ice chest.
Haha! I got ya.. that's kinda what I was thinking at first but thought i'd let you answer that one... I wouldn't bring my Yota if it was anywhere other then my house. I have an ez-up myself so there is 2..

I'll let y'all decide though.. Anywhere is good for me.. I just like water so if it's closer to water, the better.. But screw ditto.. That's outrageous!
SuthrnTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #539
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm really leaning towards Monte Sano, most jeepers love adventure like hiking and camping!
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #540
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I guess only count me in for meeting and greeting (and drooling over jeeps) then. Not really feeling camping in August. Theres just something about summer heat and only being 20 minutes from the house that kinda ruin camping for me.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.