Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 3364 Old 04-04-2012, 07:32 PM
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcrazzy View Post
It will be LCG...but not 2 in lift. I want it just like you said 3 or 4 with a 1.25BL and 35s. I just want different tires and aluminum beadlocks and I want the Savvy suspension since I don't have the time, tools or know-how to do my own.
I ran a buddies 35 KM2s on my Jeep at Hale on New Years Eve. RC 2.5" and 1" body lift, didn't rub a single bit. All the way from south Huntsville there and back. Im now looking for a deal on some 35s either Kevlars or KM2s.

I see that y'all are wanting to go wheeling. There is always the Easter ride up on Coalmine Mt, but its always a zoo up there. Ill never go up there for that ride again. Hale Mt is going to be open this weekend and next week end 12th-15th. A friend of mine in his CJ and me in my TJ are going to Hale on Friday the 13th for the day. Anyone is welcome to join us, just let me know.

Oh and there is an RCRC meeting Thursday at Newks on University 6pm for dinner, 7pm for the meeting. Ill be there as usual.
post #303 of 3364 Old 04-04-2012, 07:45 PM
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I may try and make the dinner, but i'm picking up a new car tomorrow after work, so chances are likely that I might not make it.
post #304 of 3364 Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 AM
unlblkrubi
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256ChiliPepper View Post
I ran a buddies 35 KM2s on my Jeep at Hale on New Years Eve. RC 2.5" and 1" body lift, didn't rub a single bit. All the way from south Huntsville there and back. Im now looking for a deal on some 35s either Kevlars or KM2s.

I see that y'all are wanting to go wheeling. There is always the Easter ride up on Coalmine Mt, but its always a zoo up there. Ill never go up there for that ride again. Hale Mt is going to be open this weekend and next week end 12th-15th. A friend of mine in his CJ and me in my TJ are going to Hale on Friday the 13th for the day. Anyone is welcome to join us, just let me know.

Oh and there is an RCRC meeting Thursday at Newks on University 6pm for dinner, 7pm for the meeting. Ill be there as usual.
Some of the club members have run the KM2 Had problems with sidewall tears. I run the MT/Rs and no problems.

Black 13 JKUR 10th Annivsary
White 13 JKUR

post #305 of 3364 Old 04-05-2012, 07:56 AM
sixty5vdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256ChiliPepper View Post
From what I have heard, Coalmine is ridiculously crowded for Easter weeekend.
I have heard of quite a few people foing to Hale this weekend. Probably going to be pretty crowded as well.
There is a small event going on at Choccolocco this weekend, as well.
FB link: http://www.facebook.com/events/306868922687507/

On a side note, had a slight accident yesterday on the way to Hsv. I was stopped at a red light, and was rear-ended by a Mitsubishi. No injuries, damage to both vehicles was:
Crushed the hood of the Eclipse.
Chipped some paint off of my D-ring on the driver's side. Also scuffed up my rattle can spray-on bedliner.........
Attached Thumbnails
Eclipse 1.jpg   Eclipse 2.jpg   Heep Bumper 1.jpg   Heep Bumper 2.jpg  
post #306 of 3364 Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 AM
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

you won.
post #307 of 3364 Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 AM
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Random topic here but Sixty5 reminded me of it. Why do peoole call spray stuff "rattle can?" I've only heard it called "spray paint" or "spray...". Then when I got on JF all I heard was "rattle can".

Obviously because the can rattles but you get the point.

-Jack
post #308 of 3364 Old 04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Random topic here but Sixty5 reminded me of it. Why do peoole call spray stuff "rattle can?" I've only heard it called "spray paint" or "spray...". Then when I got on JF all I heard was "rattle can".

So why do you ask if you know? I think the term rattle can belongs more to those of a different generation. My folks call it rattle can, most people I know say spray paint.
post #309 of 3364 Old 04-05-2012, 11:54 AM
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
So why do you ask if you know? I think the term rattle can belongs more to those of a different generation. My folks call it rattle can, most people I know say spray paint.
Well wasn't really a question of why it's called rattle can. More of who calls it that. It's kinda hard to explain. I was thinking maybe it's more of a regional/generation thing like you said.

-Jack
post #310 of 3364 Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Well wasn't really a question of why it's called rattle can. More of who calls it that. It's kinda hard to explain. I was thinking maybe it's more of a regional/generation thing like you said.
Saying "I rattle-canned the $H!T outta it" sounds better than "I spray painted the $H!T outta it"
post #311 of 3364 Old 04-05-2012, 03:08 PM
sixty5vdub

Quote:
Quote:
I honestly have no idea why I call it that. Picked the term up somewhere along the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Saying "I rattle-canned the $H!T outta it" sounds better than "I spray painted the $H!T outta it"

It appears my damage estimate is a bit off. I have a slight vibration at highway speeds (got up to 70 on 565 at lunch today). Not sure, but it looks like one if not both of the lower CA are slightly bent. Looks like there was some contact to the rear diff cover, which might have caused the bendage of the CAs. Can't really tell if the uppers are bent as well, since they have a bend in them to begin with.
post #312 of 3364 Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM
SuthrnTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty5vdub View Post
It appears my damage estimate is a bit off. I have a slight vibration at highway speeds (got up to 70 on 565 at lunch today). Not sure, but it looks like one if not both of the lower CA are slightly bent. Looks like there was some contact to the rear diff cover, which might have caused the bendage of the CAs. Can't really tell if the uppers are bent as well, since they have a bend in them to begin with.
Her fault.. Take the check and get it replaced..

That's my biggest fear if I get rear ended in my truck! I might risk the chance of decapitating someone if the speeds are high enough!
post #313 of 3364 Old 04-08-2012, 07:31 PM
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Finally got to do some wheeling with the jeep. I must say, I am so incredibly impressed! SuthrnTJ tagged along and was the camera man so I got some good pictures. Also got some good tree branch rash (a bit more than pin stripes) and got semi stuck on some rocks. We were able to rearrange some rocks under my tires so I could get some traction and get out. Ended up busting a hole in my tail light and denting the rear diff cover. Gotta pay to play I guess. Anyways, I'm a picture whore so here are some pictures.

post #314 of 3364 Old 04-08-2012, 07:46 PM
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Two words: Recovery Points.......
post #315 of 3364 Old 04-08-2012, 07:47 PM
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Two words: Recovery Points.......

Trust me, I know. I'm in the market for a front bumper and trying to figure out what I can do with the rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.