Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #301
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Off of which road?
Wheeler wildlife refuge.

lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #302
256ChiliPepper
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 387
Tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcrazzy View Post
It will be LCG...but not 2 in lift. I want it just like you said 3 or 4 with a 1.25BL and 35s. I just want different tires and aluminum beadlocks and I want the Savvy suspension since I don't have the time, tools or know-how to do my own.
I ran a buddies 35 KM2s on my Jeep at Hale on New Years Eve. RC 2.5" and 1" body lift, didn't rub a single bit. All the way from south Huntsville there and back. Im now looking for a deal on some 35s either Kevlars or KM2s.



I see that y'all are wanting to go wheeling. There is always the Easter ride up on Coalmine Mt, but its always a zoo up there. Ill never go up there for that ride again. Hale Mt is going to be open this weekend and next week end 12th-15th. A friend of mine in his CJ and me in my TJ are going to Hale on Friday the 13th for the day. Anyone is welcome to join us, just let me know.

Oh and there is an RCRC meeting Thursday at Newks on University 6pm for dinner, 7pm for the meeting. Ill be there as usual.
256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #303
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 541
I may try and make the dinner, but i'm picking up a new car tomorrow after work, so chances are likely that I might not make it.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #304
unlblkrubi
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256ChiliPepper View Post
I ran a buddies 35 KM2s on my Jeep at Hale on New Years Eve. RC 2.5" and 1" body lift, didn't rub a single bit. All the way from south Huntsville there and back. Im now looking for a deal on some 35s either Kevlars or KM2s.



I see that y'all are wanting to go wheeling. There is always the Easter ride up on Coalmine Mt, but its always a zoo up there. Ill never go up there for that ride again. Hale Mt is going to be open this weekend and next week end 12th-15th. A friend of mine in his CJ and me in my TJ are going to Hale on Friday the 13th for the day. Anyone is welcome to join us, just let me know.

Oh and there is an RCRC meeting Thursday at Newks on University 6pm for dinner, 7pm for the meeting. Ill be there as usual.
Some of the club members have run the KM2 Had problems with sidewall tears. I run the MT/Rs and no problems.
__________________
Black '05 LJ Rubicon; 4" higher, 35" MT/R's, Shrockworks bumper & sliders, Big Daddy Offroad rear bumper/ tire carrier, Or-Fab cage, RC disconnects and a winch

___________________________________________
unlblkrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #305
sixty5vdub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256ChiliPepper View Post
........
I see that y'all are wanting to go wheeling. There is always the Easter ride up on Coalmine Mt, but its always a zoo up there. Ill never go up there for that ride again. Hale Mt is going to be open this weekend and next week end 12th-15th. A friend of mine in his CJ and me in my TJ are going to Hale on Friday the 13th for the day. Anyone is welcome to join us, just let me know.
Oh and there is an RCRC meeting Thursday at Newks on University 6pm for dinner, 7pm for the meeting. Ill be there as usual.
From what I have heard, Coalmine is ridiculously crowded for Easter weeekend.
I have heard of quite a few people foing to Hale this weekend. Probably going to be pretty crowded as well.
There is a small event going on at Choccolocco this weekend, as well.
FB link: http://www.facebook.com/events/306868922687507/

On a side note, had a slight accident yesterday on the way to Hsv. I was stopped at a red light, and was rear-ended by a Mitsubishi. No injuries, damage to both vehicles was:
Crushed the hood of the Eclipse.
Chipped some paint off of my D-ring on the driver's side. Also scuffed up my rattle can spray-on bedliner.........
eclipse-1.jpg   eclipse-2.jpg   heep-bumper-1.jpg   heep-bumper-2.jpg  
sixty5vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #306
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 541
you won.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #307
BamaJeepman21
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 3,626
Random topic here but Sixty5 reminded me of it. Why do peoole call spray stuff "rattle can?" I've only heard it called "spray paint" or "spray...". Then when I got on JF all I heard was "rattle can".

Obviously because the can rattles but you get the point.
__________________
'98 TJ Sahara, BDS, Bilstein, Brown Dog, B&M, MetalCloak, Undercover Fab, Savvy http://www.4lowparts.com/
Do you even lift bro? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f374/
- Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #308
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Random topic here but Sixty5 reminded me of it. Why do peoole call spray stuff "rattle can?" I've only heard it called "spray paint" or "spray...". Then when I got on JF all I heard was "rattle can".

Obviously because the can rattles but you get the point.

So why do you ask if you know? I think the term rattle can belongs more to those of a different generation. My folks call it rattle can, most people I know say spray paint.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #309
BamaJeepman21
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 3,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
So why do you ask if you know? I think the term rattle can belongs more to those of a different generation. My folks call it rattle can, most people I know say spray paint.
Well wasn't really a question of why it's called rattle can. More of who calls it that. It's kinda hard to explain. I was thinking maybe it's more of a regional/generation thing like you said.
__________________
'98 TJ Sahara, BDS, Bilstein, Brown Dog, B&M, MetalCloak, Undercover Fab, Savvy http://www.4lowparts.com/
Do you even lift bro? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f374/
- Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #310
BigBlue7
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Well wasn't really a question of why it's called rattle can. More of who calls it that. It's kinda hard to explain. I was thinking maybe it's more of a regional/generation thing like you said.
Saying "I rattle-canned the $H!T outta it" sounds better than "I spray painted the $H!T outta it"
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #311
sixty5vdub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Random topic here but Sixty5 reminded me of it. Why do peoole call spray stuff "rattle can?" I've only heard it called "spray paint" or "spray...". Then when I got on JF all I heard was "rattle can".
Obviously because the can rattles but you get the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Well wasn't really a question of why it's called rattle can. More of who calls it that. It's kinda hard to explain. I was thinking maybe it's more of a regional/generation thing like you said.
I honestly have no idea why I call it that. Picked the term up somewhere along the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Saying "I rattle-canned the $H!T outta it" sounds better than "I spray painted the $H!T outta it"

It appears my damage estimate is a bit off. I have a slight vibration at highway speeds (got up to 70 on 565 at lunch today). Not sure, but it looks like one if not both of the lower CA are slightly bent. Looks like there was some contact to the rear diff cover, which might have caused the bendage of the CAs. Can't really tell if the uppers are bent as well, since they have a bend in them to begin with.
sixty5vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #312
SuthrnTJ
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty5vdub View Post
It appears my damage estimate is a bit off. I have a slight vibration at highway speeds (got up to 70 on 565 at lunch today). Not sure, but it looks like one if not both of the lower CA are slightly bent. Looks like there was some contact to the rear diff cover, which might have caused the bendage of the CAs. Can't really tell if the uppers are bent as well, since they have a bend in them to begin with.
Her fault.. Take the check and get it replaced..

That's my biggest fear if I get rear ended in my truck! I might risk the chance of decapitating someone if the speeds are high enough!
SuthrnTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #313
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 541
Finally got to do some wheeling with the jeep. I must say, I am so incredibly impressed! SuthrnTJ tagged along and was the camera man so I got some good pictures. Also got some good tree branch rash (a bit more than pin stripes) and got semi stuck on some rocks. We were able to rearrange some rocks under my tires so I could get some traction and get out. Ended up busting a hole in my tail light and denting the rear diff cover. Gotta pay to play I guess. Anyways, I'm a picture whore so here are some pictures.







lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #314
little_Jeep
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,898
Two words: Recovery Points.......
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #315
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Two words: Recovery Points.......

Trust me, I know. I'm in the market for a front bumper and trying to figure out what I can do with the rear.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.