Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 03-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #241
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
It will all be worth it when you have completed the process. It will be like owning a new Jeep. Plus you will smile real big every time you look at your lifted Jeep.
I'm sure. I was straight giddy after finishing my truck. I always looked at it enviously and thought "oh yeah, thats mine".

On a side note, since its been on jack stands, then with the front end lifted first, I found the source of my coolant loss. I chased every line I could in hopes to find a leak (meaning no head gasket issues) and finally I got dripped on the other day while under the vehicle. I have a radiator end cap going bad. So yay for a minor problem, boo for replacing the radiator.

lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #242
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This lift was the most difficult lift I've ever done on a vehicle. At least its done now. Just gotta trim the fenders up a bit so I can stuff the tires.

Here it was the day I got it.

And now how it sits today. It's got one of the worse "fresh lift" rakes i've ever seen. If i doesn't settle out i'm going to have to think about different coils in the front.

Unread 03-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #243
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
This lift was the most difficult lift I've ever done on a vehicle. At least its done now. Just gotta trim the fenders up a bit so I can stuff the tires.

--snip--

Nice looking XJ, before and after the lift.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 05:40 AM   #244
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Nice looking XJ, before and after the lift.
X2.What part of town are you in?

Unread 03-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #245
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
X2.What part of town are you in?

All over the area. I live out off 565 right now. My family and friends all live in south huntsville, Bailey cove Area. thats where the jeep is stationed at the moment.
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #246
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
All over the area. I live out off 565 right now. My family and friends all live in south huntsville, Bailey cove Area. thats where the jeep is stationed at the moment.
Very close to me! I'm in the Farley area near the river on Hobbs and Bell Rd
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #247
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Very close to me! I'm in the Farley area near the river on Hobbs and Bell Rd
Right behind walmart? Ever check out the trails on bell "mtn"? I know a lot of them are gone cause of new construction, but might still be some good places to take the dog.
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #248
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Right behind walmart? Ever check out the trails on bell "mtn"? I know a lot of them are gone cause of new construction, but might still be some good places to take the dog.
Yea. I did go up the mountian on my mtbike a few weeks ago. Came down with two flat tires, and my dog disappeared for about 30 minutes. Anyway, it is a pretty neat area, wouldnt take Big Blue though. Knuckleheads get arrested all the time up there for drinking and other mischief.

There is a new trail near the development that used to have a sign posted, but it's gone now. Needless to say, I have had my eye on it!
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #249
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yea. I did go up the mountian on my mtbike a few weeks ago. Came down with two flat tires, and my dog disappeared for about 30 minutes. Anyway, it is a pretty neat area, wouldnt take Big Blue though. Knuckleheads get arrested all the time up there for drinking and other mischief.

There is a new trail near the development that used to have a sign posted, but it's gone now. Needless to say, I have had my eye on it!
I think I know where you are talking about. My buddy's little brother got his jeep stuck back there in what some might call a big hole and I went back there in my truck to pull him out. Cops ended up coming back there. That was about a year and a half ago though. Might be different. Either way, not much fun back there unless you like wallowing around in mud.
Unread 03-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #250
1fastR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hoping to stop being a web wheeler and get out this weekend.
1fastR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #251
SuthrnTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Here it was the day I got it.

And now how it sits today. It's got one of the worse "fresh lift" rakes i've ever seen. If i doesn't settle out i'm going to have to think about different coils in the front.

Looks good bud! Now hopefully I can get mine out of the Transmission shop tomorrow and we can investigate mine a little and get it cleaned up Saturday...

Are we doing the trimming at my house?
SuthrnTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #252
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Damn that was a fun trail! But nothing's free! Looking at my 17" stock rim, those rocks don't play! it makes me so sad
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #253
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Damn that was a fun trail! But nothing's free! Looking at my 17" stock rim, those rocks don't play! it makes me so sad
You'll get used to the trail rash eventually.

Can't wait to take ya'll up that trail again when it's daylight.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #254
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

It's bad!

I have 3 options:
Buy new stock rim
Sand and plasti dip
New set of rims
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #255
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Really? Post up a pic. Can't be too bad.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.