Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 165 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 02-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #2461
broach70
1985 CJ7 

Well we are up to about 4 inches and counting, it's been snowing since about 6. Yall stay safe up there!

broach70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 04:17 AM   #2462
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I think the final count here at the house was just over 5". I just drove around and the roads are iffy at best. The temp should drop right before sunrise and that should help hard freeze some of these slushy spots. Be careful out there.
Unread 02-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #2463
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got about 7" at my place. had a good time driving around in it in the middle of the night. all the white snow made my light bar blindingly bright
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #2464
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
I got about 7" at my place. had a good time driving around in it in the middle of the night. all the white snow made my light bar blindingly bright
Dang, yeah I heard that some of south Huntsville got 7". I got out and pulled some people out of the ditches over here in Hampton Cove. Kids had fun too.

We should coordinate a ride the next time we get some snow, if ever lol.
Unread 02-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #2465
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

haha sounds good to me. I'm out in madison. I drove around wall triana and zierdt for an hour or so when it got pretty slippery to see if I could find anyone. Much to my surprise (and frustration) everyone was doing about 10 mph so no rescues for me.
Unread 02-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #2466
bryonstuder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey anyone ever go to holly tree? Looking for a place close for son and I. Also, is there any free areas around that folks can go and mess around - that are legal? Trying to persuade son not to follow his redneck friends "mud'n" in someone's field or back of golf course.

Thx. Btw we live out by Hampton cove area.
bryonstuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 05:00 AM   #2467
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryonstuder View Post
Hey anyone ever go to holly tree? Looking for a place close for son and I. Also, is there any free areas around that folks can go and mess around - that are legal? Trying to persuade son not to follow his redneck friends "mud'n" in someone's field or back of golf course.

Thx. Btw we live out by Hampton cove area.
Been to holly tree a few times. Nice little place that is getting better every month. There are hard trails, and easy trails......I'm itching to get back out there myself.

There is a public road that is behind the Hampton Inn off of 431, I can show you it sometime. Its a public road that is unimproved. I live in Hampton Cove as well.
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #2468
bryonstuder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That would be great to see that spot off 431. I know boy is itching but he also knows what is given can be taken if he messes up . Just got back from b'ham kids had lacrosse games all day. Let us know when u are going out or can.

Appreciate it. Bryon
bryonstuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #2469
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeed View Post
Been to holly tree a few times. Nice little place that is getting better every month. There are hard trails, and easy trails......I'm itching to get back out there myself.

There is a public road that is behind the Hampton Inn off of 431, I can show you it sometime. Its a public road that is unimproved. I live in Hampton Cove as well.
I used to go up there all the time. Probably been up there close to 30-40 times. It's gotten pretty rough lately IIRC. I've got a ton of pics and a GoPro loop of it somewhere. I live in Dug Hill and was up there this weekend. Back in Tuscaloosa for school though. Have you ever seen a green lifted Sahara running around?
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #2470
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
I used to go up there all the time. Probably been up there close to 30-40 times. It's gotten pretty rough lately IIRC. I've got a ton of pics and a GoPro loop of it somewhere. I live in Dug Hill and was up there this weekend. Back in Tuscaloosa for school though. Have you ever seen a green lifted Sahara running around?
Yeah i have seen it around, pretty sure ive seen you jeep at Wal-Mart. I live about 3 mins from Walmart on the side of Green Mtn.

Yeah that road is getting washed out pretty good, but is still passable......just pick your line wisely. Good local place to flex out.
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #2471
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryonstuder View Post
That would be great to see that spot off 431. I know boy is itching but he also knows what is given can be taken if he messes up . Just got back from b'ham kids had lacrosse games all day. Let us know when u are going out or can.

Appreciate it. Bryon
Probably next weekend sometime. Cant promise much, but want to get out and ride. Probably will have another jeep friend with me. I just spent most of the day working on my control arm bushings and I'm ready to flex the XJ out.
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #2472
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah i have seen it around, pretty sure ive seen you jeep at Wal-Mart. I live about 3 mins from Walmart on the side of Green Mtn.

Yeah that road is getting washed out pretty good, but is still passable......just pick your line wisely. Good local place to flex out.
Yea I've got a couple good skid plate dents and a ton of scratches from that trail. My friend actually busted his diff on one of the side trails.

If you see the Jeep running around over the next couple weeks, it's probably my dad driving it to re live his youth. I had to leave in it Huntsville since it needs some work done to it.
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #2473
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Are you talking about andrew rd? It was a pretty rough run last time I went up there. Had to have lockers to get up to the top. I horsed around on some of the new trails that are starting to form up there. quite a few creek beds if you really explore.
Unread 02-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #2474
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123

Are you talking about andrew rd? It was a pretty rough run last time I went up there. Had to have lockers to get up to the top. I horsed around on some of the new trails that are starting to form up there. quite a few creek beds if you really explore.
Last time I went all the way up. Open!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #2475
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Last time I went all the way up. Open!
I think that was a challenge!

LOL, Yeah I think its called Andrews Road. Anyways, now that I have got everyone stirred up about it, we need to get a small group and go up there! Maybe everyone has a few hours to go up this weekend?

I have only been up a few times and its been a while. It would be nice to go up and try it out again.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.