Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 142 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 08-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #2116
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammerJammerJP View Post
. I was in a JKU Sport on 35s with no locker and went everywhere I wanted, so it's not terribly difficult.
Agree for the most part. Their hard trails are almost completely out of Jeep realm though.

It might be a little different now. I haven't been since opening weekend.

lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #2117
RammerJammerJP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

True, they did have some buggy only stuff. I've been thinking about going back soon. We should get a ride together either there or Hale.
RammerJammerJP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #2118
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm fine what ever. I'm also doing an easy "bring guests along" ride at stony lonesome this weekend.

I'll drop that here again.
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #2119
RammerJammerJP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
I'm fine what ever. I'm also doing an easy "bring guests along" ride at stony lonesome this weekend.

I'll drop that here again.
Yup, details! I haven't been to Stony.
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #2120
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

working them out as of right now. Looks like it'll be about 4-ish jeeps from hsv going and about 8-10 toyotas from elsewhere showing up. Looks like we are meeting up at the 36/65 exit at about 8.

It's an easy park for the most part. Good for people looking to get their feet wet for the first time. I just want to wheel and thats where everyone else is going so I'm following haha.
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #2121
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just a few things I need to fix on my Jeep and it will be ready to wheel. Hopefully september sometime we can plan a ride.

Holley Tree was very under developed on the opening weekend. I have heard good things lately about it. Id be curious to go back and check it out.
Hale is a favorite, it doesn't take much to convince me to go there.
Hawk Pride (in florence) is a pretty big park. Lot of trails to hit. I really want to go back, but camp so we can hit a significant amount of trails. But I'm going to wait till its a little cooler to do that.

Anyone ever heard of Adventure Offroad Park in South Pittsburg, TN? (http://www.adventureoffroadpark.com/about/) They have had a couple of big rides there, and some hill climbs. Looks like it has potential. Id be curious to go there also.
256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #2122
Insane
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256ChiliPepper View Post
Just a few things I need to fix on my Jeep and it will be ready to wheel. Hopefully september sometime we can plan a ride.

Holley Tree was very under developed on the opening weekend. I have heard good things lately about it. Id be curious to go back and check it out.
Hale is a favorite, it doesn't take much to convince me to go there.
Hawk Pride (in florence) is a pretty big park. Lot of trails to hit. I really want to go back, but camp so we can hit a significant amount of trails. But I'm going to wait till its a little cooler to do that.

Anyone ever heard of Adventure Offroad Park in South Pittsburg, TN? (http://www.adventureoffroadpark.com/about/) They have had a couple of big rides there, and some hill climbs. Looks like it has potential. Id be curious to go there also.
Hope to have mine ready by then too
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #2123
spbarone
2015 JK Wrangler 

Saturday is starting to look a lot more likely for me. An easy ride is preferred since it'll be another couple months before the Jeep is paid off and I can afford to break stuff.
spbarone is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #2124
RammerJammerJP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm thinking I'm in on Saturday, too
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #2125
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

awesome. looks like we'll have at least 3 jeeps now. hoping for four!
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #2126
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Figure i'll spam my jeep threads with an engine issue. A co-worker just bought a 98 TJ (w/ the 4.0) about a month ago. About wednesday last week he came to me asking about oil pressure problems. Upon listening to his description, it almost exactly matched the 4.0 oil pressure sender problems so I told him to drive it a little more and see if it went away. Sure enough it did.

Now to the bad. Yesterday he came to me saying he thinks he blew the engine. He described it as such: "I was driving down the road and the oil pressure started doing its thing. About 5 minutes later it quit running and smoke was coming from the engine." the mechanic said he think the head cracked from over heating and that there wasn't a bit of juice in the radiator.

Now right now I'm thinking his oil pump failed, but he said he didnt' notice any engine noise or higher temps until it all failed. What has me puzzled is that there was no fluid in the system. When he first told me what happened I figured the water pump shat out like they usually do and he over heated...

I'm heading to the shop with him today to take a look at it before they tear it down to replace the head. No since in rebuilding an engine when its as simple as a radiator/pump issue somewhere.

You guys have any suggestions as to what it might be or what else I should check while i'm there? I'm currently going to get under it and check the pumps, radiator, and then any oil locations I can get to.
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #2127
spbarone
2015 JK Wrangler 

If he was having oil pressure problems and the radiator was dry, why not the head gasket?

The oil pump drive problems on TJs were limited to the 2005-6 models.
spbarone is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #2128
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Its as easy as seeing if there is coolant in the oil. My bet is head gasket.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #2129
RammerJammerJP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone View Post
If he was having oil pressure problems and the radiator was dry, why not the head gasket?

The oil pump drive problems on TJs were limited to the 2005-6 models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Its as easy as seeing if there is coolant in the oil. My bet is head gasket.
Thirded. However, if it got that hot it may have to be rebuilt anyway.
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #2130
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammerJammerJP View Post
Thirded. However, if it got that hot it may have to be rebuilt anyway.

apparently the oil looked good. IMHO that means the overheat came first. Still doesn't rule out whether it is a bad oil pump, water pump, or radiator.

Btw, the toyota guys are talking crap again...

Meanwhile, over at the toyota forum I'm on.

Quote:
I just want a picture of a Jeep stuck, getting pulled out by a Tacoma. hahaha.
Quote:
They will all gang up on us and say NO. UNLESS we have a jeep, taco, jeep, taco and repeat until there are no more jeeps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.